Jack Monroe #3 I got ninety nine problems, but a future TV career ain't one

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Freezergate was Jack in a nutshell.

Unprompted she brags about how many freezers she has as if it’s an interesting anecdote, therefore ‘winning’ a bizarre freezer competition which exists only to her. Except it’s irrelevant and not interesting to anyone except her, and everyone else knows it ain’t a competition.

When she is rightfully teased for bragging she suddenly has to explain the background to her three freezers which is even more yawn-inducing than the original brag. And then goes in the other direction to brag about how she once lived in shocking freezer poverty, with even less freezer space than Shivi, thereby again winning the still-non-existent-except-in-her-mind freezer competition.

People who enjoy ‘winning’ conversations are bores and no one likes their company for very long.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Wish someone would reply to that telling her that Jamie Oliver is human too, and causing a pile on was pretty gross.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I'm getting the feeling with Jack that she wants what Jamie Oliver has, but has no intention of putting in any hard work to get it. Jamie wasn't handed his show on a plate, he's spent years working and building up his brand, his experience and his ability.
Totally agree, she's looking at everything Jamie has and wants it handed to her.

Jamie was spotted while featuring in a TV show and given the chance for a TV show off the back of that. Jack doesn't have any of that raw talent you need for TV or any real knowledge of food or cookery. All her cooking tips are just about doing something cheaper:
  • Use carrots instead of sweet potatoes as it's cheaper
  • Water down coconut milk as it's cheaper
  • Use jif lemon as it's cheaper
  • use cheap stock cubes as it's cheaper
  • use normal rice as it's cheaper
and on she goes with words coming out of her mouth but adding nothing.

She’s deleted this morning’s tweets blaming Mrs J ...
Well done to the people that saved them here :D

Reactions: 19
Okay, skimmed through the 2 episodes on catch up.

Whilst I appreciate Matt is a professional and is probably pissed off at the tech side of things he does seem to have a snippy edge to him, even towards Shivi, but Shivi bore it well and laughed along.

Kind of a little bit felt sorry for Jack but she needs to take responsibility for her tech, and her preparedness, and not make the show a biography show.

Will be interested to see what happens tomorrow and no doubt the producers will be watching twitter closely.

Is Louisa not terribly embarrased at being blamed?

Edit to add: I have been watching Jamie's show and it is clear it is about showing people simple things they can do to make conforting food.

Reactions: 14
Found on twitter for anyone outside of the UK or doesn't want to give a view:

Episode 1

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think the replying to that and saying don't tag me is just her indirectly setting her followers onto them.

Reactions: 14

Jack Monroe presenting from her kitchen in her crappy bungalow but she can afford to run 3 freezers.
This is the best post, I'm going to be laughing about it all day.

Polish_20200414_125207121.jpg

I'm not surprised Matt is coming across as snippy, this is really not a good career move for him. I don't know anything about his previous shows, but to be the host of such a load of old tit must be so embarrassing.

I used to have a colleague who would fail to prepare for joint presentations and end up making us both look like twats. It is so disheartening to have to work alongside someone like Jack.

Reactions: 17
Whilst I appreciate Matt is a professional and is probably pissed off at the tech side of things he does seem to have a snippy edge to him, even towards Shivi, but Shivi bore it well and laughed along.

Kind of a little bit felt sorry for Jack but she needs to take responsibility for her tech, and her preparedness, and not make the show a biography show.
In Matts defence it must be really hard for him in the studio trying to do a live show and Jack on the first day has her tv exec partner making it difficult to hear anything then on the second day the internet goes down as the partner is apparently hogging the broadband. Jack has such old tech making his life even more difficult and he's been forced to work with her. She has no professionalism about her, she is the weakest link by far. If we are struggling to hear her he sure is.

He is snippy but I get that it's his style and Jack is turning the show into a car crash. This is exactly why they should have at least tested to know what a mess it would be rather than just force her in because a gang of idiots on twitter kicked up a fuss after being instigated by Jack.

Reactions: 19
Hard to believe she’s not had media training. Or maybe she has and this is the result.
Her fiancé literally knows all there is to know about how to make good television. I can imagine she’s itching to give Jack a few pointers (or ten) but as soon as the show wraps, Jack starts yelling “I DON’T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!” 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This is the best post, I'm going to be laughing about it all day.

View attachment 108979

I'm not surprised Matt is coming across as snippy, this is really not a good career move for him. I don't know anything about his previous shows, but to be the host of such a load of old tit must be so embarrassing.

I used to have a colleague who would fail to prepare for joint presentations and end up making us both look like twats. It is so disheartening to have to work alongside someone like Jack.
I think the show could be a lot better if they could prerecord and upload daily, like Jamie's. Then there wouldn't be the awful audio and waiting for presenters to be back online again etc.

TLDR: by being live the show stinks. Prerecording would have been better for all involved.

Reactions: 11
Totally agree, she's looking at everything Jamie has and wants it handed to her.

Jamie was spotted while featuring in a TV show and given the chance for a TV show off the back of that. Jack doesn't have any of that raw talent you need for TV or any real knowledge of food or cookery. All her cooking tips are just about doing something cheaper:
  • Use carrots instead of sweet potatoes as it's cheaper
  • Water down coconut milk as it's cheaper
  • Use jif lemon as it's cheaper
  • use cheap stock cubes as it's cheaper
  • use normal rice as it's cheaper
and on she goes with words coming out of her mouth but adding nothing.

Well done to the people that saved them here :D
BIB - from what I've heard, the pub his parents ran was frequented by a lot of BBC producer/exec types, and that's how he got his break in telly. I don't know how much of this is true, mind - this is all just stuff I've heard.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.