Jack Monroe #3 I got ninety nine problems, but a future TV career ain't one

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just caught up with 20 pages of this thread. Heading to iplayer now.

Edit: AH, CAN'T FIND IT to catch up on iplayer. Do you reckon they will upload or not bother? I can't find yesterday's either.

Edit 2: found it under 'Daily Kitchen'. Doh!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Lmao what a car crash she isn’t TV material that for sure, they should just prerecord the tit less stress.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Can you actually stream something live from iPlayer?

I always thought iPlayer was on a delay, so you wouldn’t have been able to stream the show “live”. I find the excuse hard to believe anyway, most internet connections can handle someone streaming a show on tv and someone basically FaceTiming someone else. In my house we have two mobiles, two iPads, Sky+ downloads, laptop running and two kindles - all running at similar times and never suffered a drop in connection like that. It’s just a very very poor set-up and the BBC should be sending someone out to fix it. Otherwise she won’t last till Friday on the show.

She’s shot herself in the foot with the immunocompromised and cough and now furiously looking to blame others and backtrack. Why not just say “Sorry guys, today the technology was terrible, I’m not sure what went wrong but thanks to Matt for saving the day and I’ll be working hard with the production team so this doesn’t happen again” instead of “it’s all Mrs J’s (🤢) fault”.
Why is it so hard for her to just say, sorry my technology is tit, I'm not tech savvy, promise to get it sorted? Christ almighty, what happened to her speed dial tech guy who would help her?

Honestly stop the blame game Jack it is not a good look and the longer this goes on, while other people on live link do so with no issues the more people will hopefully cotton onto the fact that's you're just a big liar liar pants on bloody fire

Reactions: 10
Just putting this tweet out there again.

Remember, all her loyal fans kicking up an ABSOLUTE STINK, DEMANDING that Jack have a show. Because she’s GREAT, and THAT MAN stole her Channel 4 gig.

The joke at the end is starting to feel like not so much of a joke though 👀

I think this tweet is the one I find most offensive , that she knows her tantrum led to her followers all having a tantrum on her behalf because she thinks she’s the mouthpiece needed at this terrible time.

Her sense of entitlement is bewildering.

Reactions: 21
Hard to believe she’s not had media training. Or maybe she has and this is the result.

Why is it so hard for her to just say, sorry my technology is tit, I'm not tech savvy, promise to get it sorted? Christ almighty, what happened to her speed dial tech guy who would help her?

Honestly stop the blame game Jack it is not a good look and the longer this goes on, while other people on live link do so with no issues the more people will hopefully cotton onto the fact that's you're just a big liar liar pants on bloody fire
Thinking about it though, the technology problem is something which is outside of her control - but then it could be that she won’t let a tech guy in to rig her up or isn’t following his instructions.

So she could just profusely apologise and get it fixed ready for next time but her ego won’t allow her to do that, she just has to blame someone for it and be the eternal victim “oh it wasn’t my fault, it was the fault of Mrs J/streaming/the kids/the BBC” Its always anyone except her. She’s going to start running out of goodwill pretty soon unless it improves.

Speaking of which, has anyone found anything negative on Twitter about her yet? It’s strange that I can’t find anything at all.

Reactions: 7

I always thought iPlayer was on a delay, so you wouldn’t have been able to stream the show “live”. I find the excuse hard to believe anyway, most internet connections can handle someone streaming a show on tv and someone basically FaceTiming someone else. In my house we have two mobiles, two iPads, Sky+ downloads, laptop running and two kindles - all running at similar times and never suffered a drop in connection like that. It’s just a very very poor set-up and the BBC should be sending someone out to fix it. Otherwise she won’t last till Friday on the show.

She’s shot herself in the foot with the immunocompromised and cough and now furiously looking to blame others and backtrack. Why not just say “Sorry guys, today the technology was terrible, I’m not sure what went wrong but thanks to Matt for saving the day and I’ll be working hard with the production team so this doesn’t happen again” instead of “it’s all Mrs J’s (🤢) fault”.
My TV prompts me to rewatch from the start by streaming near-live but it's still such a tit excuse. When someone has an important phone call you be quiet at home, if someone is using the internet to broadcast on national tv you defiantly tell people not to do something bandwidth heavy online!

Her tech is awful, the webcam is probably 10+ years old to not be widescreen and the sound is equally as bad. I think she's doing it to play to this poor person with only crappy stuff in her life and ignore that both members of her house are on 6 figures.

• Wow

Yes you can I did yesterday, although if my partner was live broadcasting on national tv I might not have 😂

• Haha
Hard to believe she’s not had media training. Or maybe she has and this is the result.
She said she booked herself into tv presenter training years ago. Then again she also said recently she's had dozens and dozens of tv offers but turned them down 🤥 Jack probably doesn't even know what is a lie and what's real anymore.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
What did she contribute today? Other than fodder for us.

our licence fee is paying for this and I am tempted to ask for a bleeping refund on her fee. Matt needs to do this alone, ditch her crappy recipes and use his own. The experts they have had on each day have added infinitely more to the conversation than she has.

I think the producers are to blame here too, as others have pointed out there was obviously no screen testing between the two, and they’ve got to intervene on the tech cos it is just not good enough for the BBC this is some channel 5 tit every morning.

And most obviously I think they’ve recruited someone whose entire schtick is her own personality / experiences which is great for blogs, political campaigning, Twitter, etc but really doesn’t work for what they want from this show? They’d have been better putting her on Andrew Marr as a guest with a little brightener with a recipe than ram her personality into a cooking show?

Also all this weird late night prep reminds me of the dossers at uni who’d pretend to be super busy but always flop, like that war time segment was pre recorded you weren’t doing a deep dive analysis on food history so it’s just utterly non essential work to burden yourself with? Your big questions were how to best utilise a freezer & uses of coconut water. You would have been better bullet pointing 5 for each and whizzing through them like our Shivi did!

Reactions: 14
Im finding the twitter response really odd? If she had a show by herself it would be even more of a flop.

I wish I had details of the studio it is being filmed at, I would happily send a bottle of Gin with a gift card for him. He deserves it!
Cactus TV, 1 St Lukes Avenue, Clapham, SW4 7LG

I went there a very long time ago, it's a converted church and a stunning building

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I was never a fan of Matt Tebbutt before this but I’m finding the Twitter pile on of him by Jack’s supporters entirely groundless.

He’s a seasoned live cookery show presenter who’s having to deal with an ineffectual , drama loving TV wannabe who thought she was up to the job but who is floundering like a fish out of water and he’s having to carry the can🥫.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I was never a fan of Matt Tebbutt before this but I’m finding the Twitter pile on of him by Jack’s supporters entirely groundless.

He’s a seasoned live cookery show presenter who’s having to deal with an ineffectual , drama loving TV wannabe who thought she was up to the job but who is floundering like a fish out of water and he’s having to carry the can🥫.
Funny that Jack doesn’t jump in to support her co-host.
If this gets any worse and it does kick off on Twitter she’ll be sending him a letter of apology as she did with JO.

Reactions: 8
Couldn't watch again, she makes me feel so uncomfortable.

I think it's awful that she's publicly blaming her family for the technical difficulties. Makes me wonder why "Mrs J" is so ready to take the fall for Jack's failures.

I'm getting the feeling with Jack that she wants what Jamie Oliver has, but has no intention of putting in any hard work to get it. Jamie wasn't handed his show on a plate, he's spent years working and building up his brand, his experience and his ability.

She makes everything about her, so maybe she would be better off pitching for a documentary about herself rather than pretending she has any interest at all in helping other people.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.