Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
It's the eye roll he does as he says terrible at her, clipped it a bit better several times and zoomed in on my shitty laptop with the free movie maker

:LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 102

Saint_clemmie

VIP Member
since being introduced to Jack Monroe I’ve discovered a new found love for JO. Yes we all know he’s a millionaire and lives a very lovely middle class lifestyle with his family however he come across a million times more down to earth than either Jack or Matt.
the thing with Jack is it’s all about her, she positions herself as the expert or the hero and often putting others down to raise herself up.
where as Jamie’s show is about being the helper to help the viewer become the hero and create simple food for their family. It’s all about the food with him, you can see the passion and the enthusiasm and he offers flexibility without going on about things being cheap or being patronising. I’m not sure I got any real food related content from jack today, it was all awkward jokes and buzzing around like she was dangerously over caffeinated. 🙈

Reactions: 53

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
since being introduced to Jack Monroe I’ve discovered a new found love for JO. Yes we all know he’s a millionaire and lives a very lovely middle class lifestyle with his family however he come across a million times more down to earth than either Jack or Matt.
the thing with Jack is it’s all about her, she positions herself as the expert or the hero and often putting others down to raise herself up.
where as Jamie’s show is about being the helper to help the viewer become the hero and create simple food for their family. It’s all about the food with him, you can see the passion and the enthusiasm and he offers flexibility without going on about things being cheap or being patronising. I’m not sure I got any real food related content from jack today, it was all awkward jokes and buzzing around like she was dangerously over caffeinated. 🙈
I tend to forget that many years ago JO completely changed how I cooked. I never was a good cook, as mum was so good and therefore a bit intimidating, and then when I had my own home cookery books were awful - you had to use scales and precise measurements and many fiddly processes so I didn't bother really. I was not an instinctive cook and really didn't know you could be.
Watching Jamie's Naked Chef was completely eye opening and I genuinely think he changed cooking for a lot of people and actually made it an enjoyable joyful thing. It seems utterly normal now but his style of 'well bung it in and trust your judgement' was revolutionary at the time. So many techniques and tips I use still are directly because of him.
I've always retained a fondness for him because I think he is very talented and was a breath of fresh air.
How Jack even has the nerve to think she was ever better suited to a job than him is beyond delusional.
That chickpea, bread and spinach thing today looked utterly depressing. No joy there.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

poppycat

She has zero self-awareness - yesterday's fiasco was everyone's fault but her own (Mrs J, her equipment) and she has been asking her fans on Twitter 'not to blame Matt' as he did as well as could be expected in the face of having to deal with her tech glitches!!!.
Imagine moaning and whingeing about not being given a job which you are totally unsuited for, then once you are given such a job, phoning in sick the night before you start, throwing the whole schedule into a panic, then appearing on said show, obviously not ill, spoiling the show, then not taking any responsibility. Why are the BBC indulging this spoilt child?

Reactions: 44

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Ok the Kickstarter page is fascinating. Some highlights:

• A cookbook with no index (what?!)
  • The meat chapter was called ‘contraband’
  • Sent out in thin plastic envelopes, many arrived damaged
  • Hand addressed by Jack, she dropped off only 100 per day by hand (total: 3,600) to her local post office to process despite promising to pay people above living wage to do this
  • Many/a lot of people waited 2-2.5 YEARS
  • People were still waiting for their b&w Kickstarter copy while the same full colour (with index!) version was for sale CHEAPER on Amazon
  • It was black and white because colour cookery books can be intimidating (ok)
What a car crash.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 43

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
Wish someone would reply to that telling her that Jamie Oliver is human too, and causing a pile on was pretty gross.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
What’s the odds on us needing a side-thread just for Ruby Tandoh? I hadn’t seen much of her since she got all bent out of whack years ago at the preposterous idea that any lesbian could possibly exploit her physical appeal to some wizened old billy-goat, to leverage herself an advantage on GBBO - the very notion! Had no idea she was such a bitter little gobshite: not a huge surprise tbh, more sort of ‘eww, okay!’
If there’s a thread for Ruby there must be one for Paul Hollywood and his never ending stream of captive early 20 something barmaids. Such a grotty old man 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Just finished watching both episodes. Toe curling. The bit where Matt says that Jack is like a modern day Marguerite Patten and she starts gushing about how kind it is for him to say and it has cheered her up and then he said "this is scripted"

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36