Jack Monroe #299 A wretched hive of scum and villainy!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's very possible we live in the same area.

Anyway - has she read the Jan Moir article yet?
I shall wear a large red flower pinned to my jacket when I next go shopping and PumbleMumble will be the code word should we spot each other! 😬🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Duolingo is great if you want to be able to say "the blue tortoise eats lettuce" in a range of languages.

What an utterly tit present for a 12-year-old. When I was a language teacher I spent a lot of time thinking about intrinsic vs extrinsic motivations for learning (basically, the former is good and the latter is not, but it's quite hard to encourage the former). If Jack genuinely wants her son to learn a language, she should, I dunno, take him for a week to a country where it's spoken and help him realise how useful it is to communicate. But that would involve actually spending time with him, so perish the thought.

Anyway, Italian Jack seems to have given way to Inane Politics Jack, so the people of Venice can relax - it's the north of England's turn to suffer!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Every Frau should get a slopbot t-shirt for recognition in the wild!
I would honestly buy a SlopBot tee - and I am very much against buying new clothing and almost exclusively shop in charity shops and second hand apps. One day - maybe. One day.

anyway - this has killed me today. Apparently the joke is on her because the extreme privacy (when she hasn’t given two shits about her other lovers) is nothing at all to do with it being a man this time and not wanting to lose the kudos that comes with being a leftie lezza/NB/Trans (whichever is currently paid the most in articles and voxpops!)

Attachments

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Agree with everything you've said. It's so so so easy for her to say this having grown up in a relatively affluent area in comparion to the de industrialised areas of the North, South Wales. My family are from the Valleys on my Dad's side and the level of deprivation is off the scale. Labour has been in power in the Senedd since 1997 and they have had Labour MPs in Westminster since what the 1900s and yet things have only got worse. Little changed under Tony Blair. Infact, people were demonised as lazy, feckless etc etc. So of course people feel ignored and not listened to... especially when Labour rely on these areas as "safe seats". Why the duck should they vote for them when they've never returned the favour and helped them out. It's then very easy for other parties to come in and promise them the world. No wants to be Farage. They just want a better life. Amazingly Labour still hold seats largely but Wales did vote Brexit and there has been a large swing to voting right wing. Unthinkable in the 60s and 70s as it really is the Labour heartlands.

This is honestly some of the most patronising guff I have ever seen. Areas of the valleys have barely functioning public transport infrastructure - meaning unless you drive it's hard to work ourside the area but there are also no high value jobs or even any jobs at all in the local area. The schools are tit. The housing via private landlords and the council unsafe and unsanitary.

Seriously shut the duck up with your Year 9 politics chat. Won't even say it's A Level politics. twit.
I love this. I grew up in South Wales and it is exactly what you say. The deprivation in the Valleys is horrific, leading to terrible physical and mental health, lower life expectancy, you can see the effects of intergenerational poverty and lack of opportunity etched onto the faces of the people, and these are historically proud, cultured, self sufficient communities. There is a lot of anger with Labour for their complacency - whether rightly or wrongly thats the way it is.

Jack has the simplistic, smug, complacant politics of your average posh middle class FBPE south east England dweller. The type who write for the Guardian and think working class areas which are crying out for help are more concerned with neopronouns and Alexandria occasio cortez than they are about the material conditions of their lives. And THATS why I hate Jack - she pretends to be speaking for real working class and oppressed classes, and in doing so, stops their voices being heard ifkwim? Posh do-gooders think they can just throw some coin to Jack and they've done their bit for the class struggle. She's not only not helping - she's actually hindering. And making bank off of it.

URGH, my blood pressure.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Please not Jack Monroe who wouldn't know a mung bean from her arse trying to school this squig on beans 🤦🏽‍♀️

Screenshot_20220506-124142_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20220506-124220_Twitter.jpg

ETA she has still spelt cannellini wrong

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
I would honestly buy a SlopBot tee - and I am very much against buying new clothing and almost exclusively shop in charity shops and second hand apps. One day - maybe. One day.
Fruit of the loom t shirts are ethically made. Something I found out after I bought my Nicola Sturgeon Che Guevara t shirt made by them 😂🙄

Fruit of the loom slop bot 😉

Reactions: 18
I really cannot tell you how much I wanted to have a Redwall feast as a child. Still do, if I’m honest.
Rude Jack is really pruning my pumble today. She can get in the bleeping bin.

ETA that sounds a lot ruder thanI intended it to. The pumble has many faces.
There was a Redwall cook book! (Of course you would need to be careful to make sure that you got the Redwall one not the Red Wall one with sadness and Brexit stotties)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
The positive changes in Southend thanks to the "deliciously ragbag coalition of Lab, LDs and Indies (with a fantastic Labour leader at the helm)", according to Jack.

Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 12.49.31.png

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

anyway - this has killed me today. Apparently the joke is on her because the extreme privacy (when she hasn’t given two shits about her other lovers) is nothing at all to do with it being a man this time and not wanting to lose the kudos that comes with being a leftie lezza/NB/Trans (whichever is currently paid the most in articles and voxpops!)
am i misremembering that you used to be able to buy iron on print things for t-shirts back in the 90’s? Or have I just invented these. Could do a sloppy B version and you wouldn’t have to buy new clothes!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Don't worry Jack, literally no one thinks you're going out with Gary Linekar.

Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 12.52.13.png

Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 12.51.56.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.