Jack Monroe #299 A wretched hive of scum and villainy!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is so patronising. In a democracy, people are allowed to vote as they see fit. Whether it offends her middle class pseudo-lefty sensibilities or not.

The oop north povs apparently don’t know what’s good for them, and stupidly worship Farage and Trump just because they aspire to be rich and evil, too. Their voting choices can’t possibly have been made for legitimate, intelligence reasons.

The white working class are openly hated, while being politically neglected. No more so than by Labour in recent years.

Rightly or not, Labour is associated with id-pol, “woke” sort of thing, which makes them unpopular and unelectable. It’s perceived as out of touch and ridiculous.
100% this - and I say that wholeheartedly as I live in a predominantly white, working class area that is 70% Leave voting with a newly elected in 2019 Con MP that makes Dorries look like a Mastermind champion. Deprivation, industrial decline (with no investment in replacing lost jobs) combined with influx of Eastern European migrant labour and no corresponding investment in schools & drs etc meant we were ripe for the taking by Farage and his gang (he actually had a ticketed rally here during the last election). The local Labour Party has been all but wiped out and the only credible opposition here now is an Independent of a decidedly unsavoury character (that also supported Brexit).

Jack truly is a stupid stupid person.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Dear hearts, Jay Rayner has just announced he'll be interviewing Jack as part of a festival he's hosting in September!

I wonder if she'll be a guest on his podcast?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
My mum and I were having a conversation about this the other night. Scotland hasn’t voted Tory in large numbers since the 1950s but my mum said at one point the Tory party in Scotland back then did some decent things. They introduced student grants. They were not as right wing back then as they are now.

Jack is a fool. Poor people vote Tory for many reasons. Brexit was one of them and in Scotland you can hardly tell the difference between the Labour and Tory party anyway. It’s not about wanting to look ‘cool ‘ and being in a gang. She would be better writing essays on why people don’t vote. Idiot.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
The vile dial's up to 11 today.

View attachment 1247132
What an absolutely horrible, snarky and mean-spirited response to an otherwise fairly innocent tweet - what a total, total bleep.

And if by "precisely crunched the numbers" she means typed into MFP, something she even said at the time was done quickly and not too thoroughly, then as ever, it's yet more dishonesty too.

Reactions: 37
Not this again. Does she for one minute consider how rude it would be for someone to talk to your dog while you just stand there silently waiting for the one-sided 'conversation to end?

Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 12.23.15.png

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Poor SB 🙁 He just cannot have anything just to himself. I like that my kid has her own thing going on. No idea what she's rambling on about half the time, other than the Heartstopper addiction, but she is absolutely her own person. Yes, that person can be a pain in the backside, but she'll hopefully grow up to be someone that can go off and do their own thing. Isn't that the point? I'd hate if she turned out like me tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I use the free DuoLingo and have just started learning Korean ☺ No puddles or mysterious friends required. Happy Friday villainous hive!
Duolingo is pretty great, I got very into learning Spanish last year in my downtime at work and ended up around the level of fluency of a Spanish toddler before I forgot all about it. Need to get back to it. Always enjoyed languages but find them a lot easier to read and write than speak, for some reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I'm still fuming 😂 If people in valleys or the north or wherever who have faced genuine hadship had even had one of the opportunities this middle class pov princess has been handed on a plate. twit.

Labour will never get back in power until people like her don't represent the party.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
She’s actually posted what her weight is on twitter? That’s a surprise given the big YouTube I’m not telling anyone my weight duck off reveal.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Not this again. Does she for one minute consider how rude it would be for someone to talk to your dog while you just stand there silently waiting for the one-sided 'conversation to end?

View attachment 1247156
Given how nervous and reticent she is in her (mercifully rare) forays into broadcast media, I can't imagine her having the confidence to talk to a dog (let alone it's 'handler')

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Yel

Jack will never have the self-awareness to realise that talking down to the thickos up north that don't know what's good for them is a huge part of the problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
In response to a Squig asking why northerners (one big homogenous lump apparently!) vote Tory

View attachment 1247082
She’s massively oversimplifying it, as usual, and showing herself up as completely oblivious to what’s motivating so much of the anger (that sometimes leads to voting Tory) in parts of the UK. Rightly or wrongly, some people felt listened to by Trump and Farage after decades of (feeling) cast out from mainstream political discourse. It's not as simple as 'wanting to be part of their gang', Jack. You're not even at A-Level politics discourse here.

What’s more, I’m a Labour member but can see how bloody patronising it must feel for people in deprived areas being told they should be voting a certain way.

ETA

Also, this sort of rhetoric completely ignores the fact that plenty of well-off and middle class types vote Tory, vote UKIP, voted for Brexit, voted for Trump in the US. People are complicated, and their personal politics even more so.
Also, and as a forensic numbers nerd Jack should have noticed this, the famous 'red wall'* collapse had a lot to do with people NOT voting rather than changing their vote. I think it's very difficult to generalise across the region. *Hate the term Red Wall as it confusingly makes me think of mice having exciting lives and delicious feasts.

• Heart
  • Haha
What an absolutely horrible, snarky and mean-spirited response to an otherwise fairly innocent tweet - what a total, total bleep.

And if by "precisely crunched the numbers" she means typed into MFP, something she even said at the time was done quickly and not too thoroughly, then as ever, it's yet more dishonesty too.
It's the way she switches so seamlessly from being horrible to some 'nobody' to being so (what she perceives as) charming to the blue ticks. Makes me sick.
Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 12.27.01.png

Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 12.29.23.png

Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 12.27.23.png

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 58
100% this - and I say that wholeheartedly as I live in a predominantly white, working class area that is 70% Leave voting with a newly elected in 2019 Con MP that makes Dorries look like a Mastermind champion. Deprivation, industrial decline (with no investment in replacing lost jobs) combined with influx of Eastern European migrant labour and no corresponding investment in schools & drs etc meant we were ripe for the taking by Farage and his gang (he actually had a ticketed rally here during the last election). The local Labour Party has been all but wiped out and the only credible opposition here now is an Independent of a decidedly unsavoury character (that also supported Brexit).

Jack truly is a stupid stupid person.
It's very possible we live in the same area.

Anyway - has she read the Jan Moir article yet?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
My lovely dad went out once wearing two different coloured shoes - very similar style but one was black and one was navy. To say I hooted would be an understatement!

Funny anecdote for me…but about as relevant as Big Dave’s views.
I did that once navy/black didn’t notice till I got to work same style

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Also, and as a forensic numbers nerd Jack should have noticed this, the famous 'red wall'* collapse had a lot to do with people NOT voting rather than changing their vote. I think it's very difficult to generalise across the region. *Hate the term Red Wall as it confusingly makes me think of mice having exciting lives and delicious feasts.
I really cannot tell you how much I wanted to have a Redwall feast as a child. Still do, if I’m honest.
Rude Jack is really pruning my pumble today. She can get in the bleeping bin.

ETA that sounds a lot ruder thanI intended it to. The pumble has many faces.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.