Jack Monroe #298 Perhaps she would get a mortgage if she paid her taxes and didn’t spank money on rusty spoons

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From far, far in the past.. (in hospital and nearly splitting my stitches with mirth from the hilarity of the frauen: apologies for Me rail)

“ darling where is the Pringles lid? I want to pop them in my handbag?”

“sorry love, one of the peaky blinders came along and demanded the lid”

“what? Why?”

“I didn’t want to ask, they murmured something about being poor and a hoarder, I just handed it over”

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Jack does not have hoarding disorder. She's just a spendaholic. She hires skips, she has no problems throwing tit out. It's organized chaos, not genuine hoarding which takes over a life and home. Her house still looks nice, she just has way too much stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
By the time you read this, the thread will have moved on from her out of wheezy interview but just to add: WHOOOOOO can name 5 smart price items by price and weight?! WEIGHT! duck knows?! I pick up a bag of pasta, I see it’s cheap as I’ve lived for 30 odd years now and know what’s cheap/expensive for me. I am able to hold it with one hand, so prob doesn’t weigh a great deal. I know a bag of sugar is 1kg, that’s it for food weights. Tins of tomatoes are 300 or 400g?! Who knows, literally wouldn’t think about it unless I was following a recipe and it called for that.

A Cornish MP (🔺I saw a flat to rent recently opposite his office, let’s just say it wasn’t quite up to Jacky’s road standard) in a pretty deprived area probably knows about food banks and families in poverty. More than the pig-hatted kumquat does, for sure.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
“I was poor for 3 days and now I’m a hoarder”

Oh please do duck off. She is trivialising a very serious mental health issue which stems from deep trauma, which can be poverty but can be other things - none of which she has ever experienced.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Has she ever actual talked about hoarding? As a problem? Or is it here pointing out she buys lots of tat has made her convert that to a 'problem' 🥴
I have a Narc or two in my family and Jebus wept, she has the same vibes. Everything is a “problem”, nothing is ever “their fault” and everyone is “out to get them”

What utter pish

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.