Jack Monroe #297 I'm not a natural tax payer.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't believe that this is the thing that brings me out of lurkdom, but I am a Venice- loving Frau, and this has me šŸ¦‰ and šŸ¾. Jack thinks Per Rialto is a place in Venice. This will be because she has seen it written on numerous signs on the 2 main walking routes either side of the Grand Canal. The clue's in the arrow, Jack. Rialto is the place. Per means 'for', as in, follow this arrow for Rialto. Along with all the other tourist sheep who never venture off the beaten track......
I am here for 'foreign' food Jack, she reminds me of a very shouty English man I heard loudly demanding a blacko curranto in a Spanish hotel.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
They donā€™t look long enough to be mens jeans. Iā€™m taller than Jack and I find regular womenā€™s jeans are often too long in the leg, the elastic cuff would stop them dragging on the ground but there should be a lot of bag in leg, but all I can see is a small wrinkle at her knee.

Reactions: 23
Jack Columbus discovering new lands šŸ™„
Travel on a Bootstrap
Jack Monroe takes viewers on a whirlwind trip to Venice, where she takes a hike around the islands, talks to the locals and even tries some of its famous ice cream. In episode 2, Jack travels back to one of her famous past haunts, Edinburgh, to see if some of the Indian chain restaurants are as good as she remembers.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Giacomo: cor-a blimey signor, I am just a simple Venetian ragazzo. I love a the Venice, the gelato, the Per Rialto, to lie by the canals, I- (furfante sneaks up and pushes her in) glub

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Whatā€™s the point in spending hundreds in injectables if youā€™re not even bothering with a daily SPF? Whenever we are treated to a real photo her skin always looks red and dry af too so heaven forbid the state of it burnt.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
OH is definitely a sugardaddy type I think - Ā£1000 earrings and minibreaks to venice, when all she gives them in return is slop, evenings with no TV and lights off at 10. I don't know how (if its true of course) she doesn't feel guilty just take take taking like this - I'd feel v uncomfortable having someone spend that much money on me. Oh wait though, this is Jack - all she does is take from others. No guilt on her part then.
I'm starting to think OH is actually Pat(reon) Cash.

• Haha
  • Heart
Soā€¦

The last few days have been tit. My weekend was really tit. If someone asked me to go to Venice, I would have told them, thank you so much for the offer but I would rather stagnate in my house to breaking bad because the juxtaposition of my mood against the lovely weather, happy tourists and beautiful surroundings would have exacerbated my tit feelings. Her triggering posts about ED and calories set me off but that is on me and I have to accept that.

Jack is a spoiled, self-centred, lying cow. I want to say our F and D chat about Italy had nothing to do with her Venice trip but I am starting to think that everything she does is aimed at us.

She has every right to go on holiday, but as usual, she had to make it the most holiday ever. If she was feeling that rubbish and burned out Venice really isnā€™t the best thought out place in the world to go. It is over priced, not the best place in Italy for food and requires a considerable amount of physical effort to navigate due to the canal structure and sheer number of tourists.

Not that I want her up here, but it would have been far better for her to visit a smaller Northumberland (Obs not BamburghšŸ¤£) or N. Yorkshire village. Far less showy, fantastic food, beaches, places to chill and unwind and far more in keeping with the persona she is trying to portray.

But, it is ā€œfestivals and talksā€ season. Jack needs to prepare by being relaxed and the only way to relax is to hand one to the trolls.

You looked a fraud Jack. Youā€™ve looked a fraud for years. I hope L is with MM. She is the campaigner you could only hope to be.

ETA- lots to grunk, give me time ā¤
Bamburgh beach is the best beach in the world and this is the hill I shall die on. Sorry off topic!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Donā€™t you scan the yellow sticker you fuckwit?
If youā€™re watching your pennies and doing a Ā£20 Jackshop, then letā€™s face facts, youā€™ll know full well youā€™ve paid full price for the bread. Yet another middle class fuckwit who has no idea that the poors are already on top of this kinda tit!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I'm starting to think OH is actually Pat(reon) Cash.
I agree, that is definitely a tripod reflected in her sunnies. She's doing this to get back at Louisa and give us something to mither about. OH is fictional.
Jack abroad is giving me Basil Fawlty vibes. Jack is the Basil Fawlty of food and poverty.

• Haha
  • Heart
I have never known someone flit from one serious relationship to the next one with such speed, and so often. There is one common denominator, Jack. It also highlights three glaringly things, in addition to the obvious, she can't keep a partner...

1 Jack can not see herself other than as part of a couple. Being single is the worst possible thing for Jack. Anyone will do, so long as Jack isn't alone.

2 Jack clearly doesn't truly love any of her partners, otherwise she wouldn't just move on to the next one with such unseemly haste and such glee.

3 Jack doesn't care about the effect she is having on her son by having a turnstile on her bedroom door.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
C4D10BF7-4233-48FC-994C-ACD685FD8CAD.gif

Thank you for bringing the OH to me Jeeves. You can put the Kombucha on the table and leave us alone now, weā€™ve got a long weekend together

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I can't believe that this is the thing that brings me out of lurkdom, but I am a Venice- loving Frau, and this has me šŸ¦‰ and šŸ¾. Jack thinks Per Rialto is a place in Venice. This will be because she has seen it written on numerous signs on the 2 main walking routes either side of the Grand Canal. The clue's in the arrow, Jack. Rialto is the place. Per means 'for', as in, follow this arrow for Rialto. Along with all the other tourist sheep who never venture off the beaten track......
Hahhaaaaaaaaaaaa so it's like an Italian person visiting London and saying, "We had some lovely fish n chips at the A25 to Borehamwood, such a lovely part of London" ahaaaaaaa this has ended me
This is the problem isnā€™t it? She writes this stuff, leaving people hurt in her wake and then trips off to Venice as though nothing ever happened. This is why my sympathy is waning. If I poured my heart out, I would be shattered, unable to do pretty much anything, yet she then is able to go on holiday, eating gelato as though it was going out of fashion.It just shows that everything she claims is bull.
You put it far better than I ever could. On the occasions where I have shared my trauma (always in proper therapeutic environments, never on Twitter funny enough, maybe I'm missing a trick) I have genuinely felt a bit husk-like for a couple days afterwards. It's a physical exhaustion / sickness as well as a mental and emotional one. The body processes re-lived trauma and so does the mind. Would I be able to hop on a plane to Venice? Yeah if I had to. I'd definitely be pretty low, though.

Will her Glastonbury stage be shown on TV/internet?

Never fear dear heart, Jack will tell us aaaaaallllll about it.
It makes me worry a little bit... generosity like this could be love bombing, we know Jack is quite vulnerable/easily led and something about such generous gifts so soon make me feel a little... uncomfortable
Your concern is more reflective of your generous nature than reality; out of Jack and Harold, I don't think it's Jack we have to worry about.

Do we think she's just learned what gelato is? She has mentioned it in basically every tweet.
The Jack Monroe version, made out of liquified beans and crispy seaweed, dried out on a radiator and then rehydrated with chickpea ephemera, is coming soon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Bonjour! Mon Ami OH (garƧon?) romanticism avec Italiano tourisimo non gracias avec bambinocino SB (habite papa mama).
OH bellisimo gelatohocolatto avec Raybannos el gattos non lo so. Non capisco.

Me Lorrainio bin ginormo?

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Can't wait for TD to compare notes, considering her pinned Tweet šŸ§
TD's Venice travel advice popped up on my timeline within days of me getting back from there. I was disappointed at the timing because TD is someone I would definitely listen to re: restaurant recommendations!

ETA- I absolutely love Venice and Murano and will not allow this to taint them! Although I did frequently think about how inaccessible a lot of Venice is to people who use wheelchairs. I wonder if Jack, who often has a wheelchair emoji in her twitter bio šŸ™„) will acknowledge this in any way? You know, given she's such a dedicated advocate for every social cause.

The way that Jack describes her spending habits is bizarre. She liked her new pair of jeans so she immediately went back and bought another pair. She liked the McPlant so she had 3 more within the same day. It doesn't seem healthy and it certainly doesn't seem like the way you should behave while your rent is apparently bouncing?! I've bought the same item of clothing in a different colour before but I've ummed and aahed first about whether it was a bit wasteful. I certainly wouldn't have done it if I couldn't pay my priority bills.

Screenshot_20220504-093239_Chrome.jpg

Jack, pasta is meant to go in your mouth. Perhaps the solidity of it confused you?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
No gelato anywhere in Venice is cheap šŸ˜ Nothing is cheap in Venice itā€™s tourist dense with a captured audience, probably one of the most expensive places in Italy and renown for selling sub par slop to tourists, right up Jacks street. Jack will be recommending that independent gelato establishment Magnum Pleasure Store.
My thoughts exactly! As if any gelato place in an Italian tourist trap is cheap. FFS. But Jack must pretend to be poor even when sheā€™s on holiday.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Omg hahahahha youā€™re right @People-huv-tae-know !! You can clearly see the steps and the camera is either on a tripod or propped against that wall/monument in the reflection!
OH doesnā€™t exist, pass it on!!! She went on holiday on her own to make her ex jealous šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
still, who made that rank toastie thing? Jack??
35A3AEC6-034B-491E-992F-AEDF49F1EB13.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Make sure she knows that even though itā€™s at Glastonbury, that DOES NOT MEAN SHE SHOULD SING

(sorry, not sorry. That video is a classic)
I've seen that before but I still pressed play and cringed myself inside out. Thank you. Just, thank you. No. Just. No.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.