Jack Monroe #297 I'm not a natural tax payer.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I sincerely hope she’s not actually going to sing with Billy Bragg - the last time was awful enough.
I actually think she could be talking this up. She’s presenting it as some massive collaboration when in fact BB is curating the Left Field section of the Glasto programme this year, and Jack is just one of many names on the 3-day Left Field programme.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
So…

The last few days have been tit. My weekend was really tit. If someone asked me to go to Venice, I would have told them, thank you so much for the offer but I would rather stagnate in my house to breaking bad because the juxtaposition of my mood against the lovely weather, happy tourists and beautiful surroundings would have exacerbated my tit feelings. Her triggering posts about ED and calories set me off but that is on me and I have to accept that.

Jack is a spoiled, self-centred, lying cow. I want to say our F and D chat about Italy had nothing to do with her Venice trip but I am starting to think that everything she does is aimed at us.

She has every right to go on holiday, but as usual, she had to make it the most holiday ever. If she was feeling that rubbish and burned out Venice really isn’t the best thought out place in the world to go. It is over priced, not the best place in Italy for food and requires a considerable amount of physical effort to navigate due to the canal structure and sheer number of tourists.

Not that I want her up here, but it would have been far better for her to visit a smaller Northumberland (Obs not Bamburgh🤣) or N. Yorkshire village. Far less showy, fantastic food, beaches, places to chill and unwind and far more in keeping with the persona she is trying to portray.

But, it is “festivals and talks” season. Jack needs to prepare by being relaxed and the only way to relax is to hand one to the trolls.

You looked a fraud Jack. You’ve looked a fraud for years. I hope L is with MM. She is the campaigner you could only hope to be.

ETA- lots to grunk, give me time ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 70
She's noticed a lot of well-regarded people on social media have recently been to Venice and she's bandwaggoning. Trouble is, her eyes are resolutely closed to the beauty and culture of Venice. And its not one island.

She's noticed a lot of well-regarded people on social media have recently been to Venice and she's bandwaggoning. Trouble is, her eyes are resolutely closed to the beauty and culture of Venice. And its not one island.
One coffee in the Piazza San Marco would have cost one of her weekly shops.

Why isn’t this being called out?

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I'm not up on the rules because foreign holidays aren't on the cards any time soon, but does this means she managed to get her vaccinations?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
OH is definitely a sugardaddy type I think - £1000 earrings and minibreaks to venice, when all she gives them in return is slop, evenings with no TV and lights off at 10. I don't know how (if its true of course) she doesn't feel guilty just take take taking like this - I'd feel v uncomfortable having someone spend that much money on me. Oh wait though, this is Jack - all she does is take from others. No guilt on her part then.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Love to you @Into_the_tunnel.

I will never not be confused at Jack's ability to go from a burned out, floor-clawing husk of a human to a smug, satisfied middle class city break-er. She gives my whiplash. It's so offensive to those of us who experience / have experienced serious MH issues. It's also triggering af to me personally as it reminds me of a narc I used to suffer from.

On a brighter note, I'm thoroughly looking forward to the Glasto performance. The performative arrogance leading up and the narc euphoria afterwards will provide much hilarity.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
oh dear g-d, she's going all cod italiano 🥴

View attachment 1241024

View attachment 1241025
I can't believe that this is the thing that brings me out of lurkdom, but I am a Venice- loving Frau, and this has me 🦉 and 🍾. Jack thinks Per Rialto is a place in Venice. This will be because she has seen it written on numerous signs on the 2 main walking routes either side of the Grand Canal. The clue's in the arrow, Jack. Rialto is the place. Per means 'for', as in, follow this arrow for Rialto. Along with all the other tourist sheep who never venture off the beaten track......

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 123
Not that I want her up here, but it would have been far better for her to visit a smaller Northumberland (Obs not Bamburgh🤣) or N. Yorkshire village. Far less showy, fantastic food, beaches, places to chill and unwind and far more in keeping with the persona she is trying to portray.
You'll be safe - Jack only ever goes to the most famous tourist destinations (Paris, Venice, Edinburgh...). She has the travel taste of a retiree from Des Moines on a trip to see Europe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I can't believe that this is the thing that brings me out of lurkdom, but I am a Venice- loving Frau, and this has me 🦉 and 🍾. Jack thinks Per Rialto is a place in Venice. This will be because she has seen it written on numerous signs on the 2 main walking routes either side of the Grand Canal. The clue's in the arrow, Jack. Rialto is the place. Per means 'for', as in, follow this arrow for Rialto. Along with all the other tourist sheep who never venture off the beaten track......
I hooted when I saw that

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Love to you @Into_the_tunnel.

I will never not be confused at Jack's ability to go from a burned out, floor-clawing husk of a human to a smug, satisfied middle class city break-er. She gives my whiplash. It's so offensive to those of us who experience / have experienced serious MH issues. It's also triggering af to me personally as it reminds me of a narc I used to suffer from.

On a brighter note, I'm thoroughly looking forward to the Glasto performance. The performative arrogance leading up and the narc euphoria afterwards will provide much hilarity.
This is the problem isn’t it? She writes this stuff, leaving people hurt in her wake and then trips off to Venice as though nothing ever happened. This is why my sympathy is waning. If I poured my heart out, I would be shattered, unable to do pretty much anything, yet she then is able to go on holiday, eating gelato as though it was going out of fashion.It just shows that everything she claims is bull.

Will her Glastonbury stage be shown on TV/internet?

• Heart
When you get up and there are over 15 new pages you know something has occurred.

Sadly it is the return of TOOT TOOT lights on Jack, the most insufferable of them all.

She is absolutely desperate for a squig to ask about the gender of OH isn't she?

• Haha
Reactions: 52
So over the Easter Holidays Jack rarely left the house. Tweeted constantly, was ill and in bed. Watching football on her phone with SB. Eating the mostly ghastly meagre rations.
Goes away without her child and stuffs her face, and can manage to be off twitter for days. Oh and the illness and fatigue magically LEFT to enable extended walks.
Not to mention the arthritis.....

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
She really is an uncultured oik. It's Georgia suppers all over again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
When you get up and there are over 15 new pages you know something has occurred.

Sadly it is the return of TOOT TOOT lights on Jack, the most insufferable of them all.

She is absolutely desperate for a squig to ask about the gender of OH isn't she?
It's becoming almost painful to see her avoid using he/she.

Unless they use "they" pronouns, but I'm sure that she'd be all over sharing how special and unique her new non binary partner is

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Wait till she catches up here 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 31
OH is definitely a sugardaddy type I think - £1000 earrings and minibreaks to venice, when all she gives them in return is slop, evenings with no TV and lights off at 10. I don't know how (if its true of course) she doesn't feel guilty just take take taking like this - I'd feel v uncomfortable having someone spend that much money on me. Oh wait though, this is Jack - all she does is take from others. No guilt on her part then.
It makes me worry a little bit... generosity like this could be love bombing, we know Jack is quite vulnerable/easily led and something about such generous gifts so soon make me feel a little... uncomfortable

Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.