Jack Monroe #297 I'm not a natural tax payer.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Being a nosey so and so, I typed 'Jack Monroe Venice' into the Google search bar...

The link leads to a dead end. How odd.

Vlad's messing with us, again. 🙄

ETA - Would someone else kindly try the same search please?
I’ve just had a look, it’s definitely Vlad messing with us. The purple text is the Harvester Eastenders proposal from Jack, but the second part is a squig telling their own engagement story.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Being a nosey so and so, I typed 'Jack Monroe Venice' into the Google search bar...

The link leads to a dead end. How odd.

Vlad's messing with us, again. 🙄

ETA - Would someone else kindly try the same search please?
That is a comment under the engagement (to LJC, after a slap up dinner at The Savoy The Harvester, during EastEnders) announcement. I opened it in a new tab and then scrolled down a little.

Venice is lovely, although I got bored quite quickly with tourists stopping every 10 yards to take a photo virtually identical to the 34 others they already had. There are really cheap Euro Camps on the mainland but they do have cardboard walls so pick your neighbours carefully. I'm sure Jack and her other half got the best deal on sleeping in a muddy puddle and declared the weekend the best ever.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Long city break in Venice, is it? FANCY. And again, nothing for SB (but I'm sure his hilarious present will make up for it, that's if mama hasn't already opened it/played with it/taken a bite out of it).

If she keeps at this current pace, the Gelato Mention Count will have exceeded the OH Mention Count by this time tomorrow.

Now her batteries are recharged, how long til she starts complaining about being EXHAUSTED and having bad mentals again?

...hopefully the plague one.
You mean...Poveglia? Bet she felt right at home.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
And further, Jack, even if you weren't lying about 100 hour working weeks, it's not cool to work like that. It's ineffective, inefficient. It means your life is wasted

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Poverty queen right there, in Venice, new hat £100, new Ray ban £180 new lips £250, Jack talking about cost of living crisis PRICELESS. Pay your tax you work shy limpet 😏
View attachment 1241147
But...but...she found those floating in a canal (including the lips).. They were soggy. She rehabilitated them. 😢

Why you cry?
Lips won't dry.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I had to re-read this till my brain processed it as the first couple of times I read it as oh is male and neutered 😂
Oh, he's neutered all right; in the brain.

I keep coming back to my annoyance about 100 hour working weeks with a new comeback:

100 hour working weeks DO have validity if, say, you were running your own passion/dream restaurant, or head of news at a TV station, with your finger on the world's activities and producing shows investigating grifters. Yes, *those* 100 hour working weeks would leave you rewarded in spirit and financial gains and pleasure in a job well done. But that's not your kind of work, is it Jack?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
The actual state of the flash cow bragging that she’s been away to Venice and then coming back to make dosh off the cost of living crisis.

Go comment on Elsie you freeloading sponger.
Classic Monroe. Tone deaf.

Cost of living crisis? Bollocks to that, she’s been to Venice spaffing that lovely Patreon cash on a cheeky weekend away. Nice work if you can get it.

Fits right in with the Tory fibbers she claims to despise.

Feathering her own nest at the expense of others.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
Not counting the amounts I pay off my credit card (and maybe being a bit generous on what I spend on food, because I definitely don't stick to my budget on that) that comes to more than my total monthly bills.
I mean that's probably average price of rent for that kind of property there. I'm in Essex not too far away and my 2 bed flat is £1250 pcm plus they sting everyone in the block with an extra £100 for the parking space. I was living hand to mouth until somebody told me I was probably entitled to claim UC to help. UC has been a god send.

Having said that Jack just needs to move out of the bungalow and into a flat or something to save herself some money every month. And if she really is as poor as she claims then apply for benefits. Only she won't do that because she's probably not entitled as she has more than enough coming in and just fritters it away. If she truly was as poor as she claims (£34 in the bank) then she would get financial help surely.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Grunking so not sure where this will land but I don’t understand why Jack doesn’t take advantage of the government’s Help to Buy scheme. You get a secured government loan for half the property and you only pay 5% deposit and raise a mortgage on the other half. You start paying back the loan after 5 years. Jack recently said she had £30k kicking around. She could easily have used it for that.

As for her poor credit rating, there are a number of small house builders who serve the lower income end of the market whose customer base often have poor credit ratings. They have schemes where the customer reserves a plot of land at a fixed price then the house builder gives them a year and financial advice to improve their credit rating and make them mortgage ready.

There are a number of reasons why asset prices are so high, macro economic reasons that go beyond the eBiL tOriEs. Globalisation. Low interest rates. But there are ways around it. If Jack was willing to settle for a new build flat or little house then she could get a mortgage, it might mean getting a full time job for a few years but that’s what most people have to do who want to buy.

She looks lovely in the Venice pic.

Reactions: 19
Why is she pretending it was so hot she had to run off for a (typically Italian) siesta? Venice had highs of 22C over the weekend. If you had to have a lie down, Jack, it wasn't you wilting in the mild spring weather, it was laziness.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.