Jack Monroe #294 It's like 10,000 tweets when all you need is a life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t just have boring old anorexia. Or just a problematic relationship with food and body issues. No, it’s got to be SEVERE anorexia that’s triggered terribly when someone asks her to do something she doesn’t want to do.

Didn’t realise calorie counters were so complex. Obviously, My Fitness Pal and other free apps don’t exist. Oh no. Everything must be calculated on a granular level that only Mx Monroe can manage.

Actual photo of Jack working out the calories in six grains of rice and a pea.
She’s is so backwards with technology and the interweb. Never heard of apps; can’t check out supermarket prices online; can’t do an online shop; doesn’t realise there are well balanced meal planners all over the place; can’t make simple videos. Just about manages to use eBay and Cotswold Furniture. If it’s not on Twitter, she’s lost

• Heart
Reactions: 51
8 hours to run recipes through a calorie app? X to doubt on that.

Even if it did take that long...that’s one working day? Hardly an unreasonable amount of time given her ‘line of work’.

I have no real opinion on if sheshould include calories or not since I’m not really informed enough, but why is EVERYTHING an ordeal?

Reactions: 42
Today's original squig isn't responding to Jack (probably, ya know, working Jack) so she's piling on the pile-on by quote tweeting herself, as though it answers the squig's questions at all.

Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 11.46.35.png

Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 11.50.25.png

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Omg she's still going. Get a grip you massive weapon. People are allowed to have their own opinions. Aggressively sending 927 tweets isn't the best way to bring someone onside.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Hopefully she'll rue the day she decided to respond to today's squig. This is a different person but hopefully there will be more of the same kind of replies.

Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 11.49.53.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 82
She knows ED is another thing people won't dare question. She always goes for the more invisible or most sensitive conditions so if you call her out, you look insensitive and awful. There's no denying she has a terrible relationship with food though. She wants to be seen as this amazing cook, but seems to live mostly off sweets, crisps, and sugary drinks.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Just noticed the end of her tweet (I had to pause to take several deep breaths after 'generous potions'). She has a very physical day to day lifestyle? Arthritis not playing up too much, I guess.
Dinosnores and twatting on twitter, 🤔 physical day my (Mediterranean) arse

• Haha
Reactions: 16
To come back to Healthy Start Vouchers. I'd like her to explain her involvement in them. They were introduced in 2006 to replace a previous scheme. There was a lot of research and consulting of experts before they were introduced which would have taken some time. So what age was she in 2006 (apparently 18) what qualifications did she have other than 4.5 GCSEs? Such insight into child health and maternal well being at the age of 18 is pretty incredible. How did she know who to approach with this amazing idea?

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
So EXHAUSTING making a cheese and cucumber sandwich. Only jack has the knowledge of how to do this and add a packet of cheesy wiggles too.

I don’t know how she does it. Like. No one in the history of the world has ever made a sandwich before 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Jack's likes. First one - Sooo mature! Second one - you do realise that the people who are taking this up with Jack are wanting her to include MORE calories ie the opposite of diet culture, right?

Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 11.53.20.png

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
I’m on a jaunt to my local library and spotted one of our smol pixie’s books.
The condition of the spine suggests it’s never been read while the Miguel Barclay one has clearly been well used.
Also, she singing the praises of mashed potatoes in this one, I was giving her the benefit of the doubt yesterday and thinking maybe her claim not to like potatoes meant mash, but clearly not.
Can’t lie though.
That recipe intro! "But I would be being dishonest with you". Just for a change!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
View attachment 1222556

What a (Georgia) peach of a tweet! 'Absolute adherence to the truth' has to be the funniest thing Jack has ever said about herself.
I dunno if it's just my unfortunate experiences up til now, but whenever anyone says 'I don't lie' constantly, I assume that they lie as a hobby

eta: her twitter behaviour reminds me of a complete bleep of a contractor we had at work a few years back, my colleague made an innocent comment he took offence at and that was it, four hours of endless and pointless ranting and abuse. I got told by my boss not to go near him unless it got physical, so I stood there listening to him tell us how amazing he is and what good work he does and how much people love him til someone higher up than me arrived. I pretty much ran outside to chain smoke and when I got back in the prick was still at it and the colleague he had been ranting at was just staring off into the distance totally bored. He called the police early on when I asked him to leave when it became clear it wasn't going to be resolved, and was fired the next day based purely on CCTV footage of him gesticulating like a madman, but even then he insisted on coming back in to hand his laptop back and give his badge in to be destroyed despite being told not to, just so he could tell us he'd been offered a better job. I could see Jack acting like that if she ever got a real job.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
The severe eating disorder for much of adolescence is BS, right?
Because I’m sure that would have been disclosed and monetised before??
Edited to add - is this another ‘mum and dad were too concerned with the ferals’ dig?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
I'm leaving this now as Jack has made this all about how counting calories can lead to disordered eating. Its her recipes which are under question, because of the size of portions as evidenced by tiny portions of rice, small amounts of milk on cereal etc. If the portions were of a reasonable size(, which they could be if she was not fixated on claiming she can provide an adequate diet for 3 people for a week on under £20.) the calorie content would not be in question. I am horrified by her approach, and by the fact that she cannot seem to understand the concerns. If she keeps up with this, I hope that groups aligned with her will step in.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
The thread she's replying to is asking for proof about where she said her weekly shops don't provide a healthy diet and are malnourishing, and Jack's responding as if to say here's where I say that my weekly shops don't provide a healthy diet and are malnourishing?? Whilst also claiming that her weekly shops provide a healthy diet? She's beyond thick, god knows what point she thinks she's making.

Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 11.59.01.png

Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.