Jack Monroe #294 It's like 10,000 tweets when all you need is a life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's an absolute joke that she's going on about all the work she does for The Poors for FREE when she's JUST POSTED a paid for ad for twitter which recommends people eat potato peelings.
I’m ten pages behind but if a squig hasn’t said this to her then there is no hope left in this world

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Oh YUM!!! A roast made from vegetable peelings 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Feck right aff🤣🤣🤣🤣. Urgh. Get in the bin you lunatic! Poor people don’t need punished like this!

Am all for zero waste but that is honking. She might as well suggest people go bin diving than eat that tit

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
But but, but……..BUT…..I thought the juice from tins of beans was toxic, hence every one of her ‘recipe’ books telling everyone to slowly and gently rinse their beans????!!!

head.
She also in one of her recipes tells you to rinse them from their "stagnant water". And now she's recommending people put said "stagnant water" in their food. She has such a horrible way of talking about food, for someone that's made a career out of cookbooks she hasn't learnt very much. Mind you, she hasn't really learnt to cook either 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
Like these aren’t just dedicated Jack call out accounts or made in 2022 with 1 follower, actual people with opinions like ours. Like little rays of common sense sunshine 🌞
I take your point here, and I don’t have Twitter, so I’m using Instagram as my analogy here. I have hardly any followers, but my opinion of her shouldn’t be less valid as a result of the size of my following. Does that make sense? Basically I’m saying is it a tad unfair to invalidate someone’s comments about her based on their following?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I take your point here, and I don’t have Twitter, so I’m using Instagram as my analogy here. I have hardly any followers, but my opinion of her shouldn’t be less valid as a result of the size of my following. Does that make sense? Basically I’m saying is it a tad unfair to invalidate someone’s comments about her based on their following?
It's just that so many times these 0 follower accounts seem set up to criticise Jack (which is wise, you wouldn't want to risk it on your main account because of the flying monkeys etc). Whereas these accounts today aren't Jack-focussed, their interests are varying, yet they still see through the grift, IYSWIM?

• Heart
Reactions: 48
OMG, she’s suggesting the poors eat nutraloaf!

“Nutraloaf (also known as meal loaf, prison loaf, disciplinary loaf, food loaf, lockup loaf, confinement loaf, seg loaf, grue or special management meal)[1] is food served in prisons currently in the United States and formerly in Canada[2] to inmates who have misbehaved, for example by assaulting prison guards or fellow prisoners.[3] It is similar to meatloaf in texture, but has a wider variety of ingredients. Prison loaf is usually bland, perhaps even unpleasant, but prison wardens argue that nutraloaf provides enough nutrition to keep prisoners healthy without requiring utensils to be issued.[4]
There are many recipes that include a range of food, from vegetables, fruit, meat, and bread or other grains. The ingredients are blended and baked into a solid loaf. In one version, it is made from a mixture of ingredients that include ground beef, vegetables, beans, and bread crumbs. Other versions include mechanically separated poultry and "dairy blend".”

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
I'm grunking so I apologise if this lands badly but in Jack's meal planner, she has 12 meals containing bacon, not including the accidental gammon sandwich. How the eff has she made 13 meals with 500g of bacon?
38g of bacon per portion, no idea what that is in real money (non metric Frau here) but doesn’t sound much

• Sad
Reactions: 21
so much all of this. My youngest is autistic and lives on crunchy dry foods off a partitioned plate. Even seeing me eat some lemon curd off a spoon once made him retch he cannot cope with any wet or sloppy texture at all. And anything new, different brand or with colours in is refused, for example he loves sausages but I got some heck chicken Italia ones the other week which have flecks of red pepper in so he was immediately suspicious and wouldn’t touch them. I know all kids are different and all ASD kids are different but her slop claims and hiding foods to trick him and combining it all into one sloppy mess are not the same as my experience
My oh is like this... Everything has to be so dry!!
I can't bear it as I love sauces, gravies and curries etc. But I'm funny when hot food touches salad etc I can't eat it... 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.