Jack Monroe #294 It's like 10,000 tweets when all you need is a life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pratchett borrowed the VBI from Robert Tressell, 'The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists'..

ETA.. A missing letter.
That’s what I love about here. Apart from the hilarity I learn new things . Thank you turnedup I never knew that.

Reactions: 28
Jack has been snubbed by the Diva Power List 2022…
Omg how cheeky, fancy making someone mine all their trauma* for your .pdf then not even shortlisting them for ur tit awards? RUDE!

*assuming so, didn’t read it, load of bollocks

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Jeez, I’ve had to grunk quickly to catch up the last couple of hours!

- tiger squigg’s profile is a bit scary
- I have tried Aquafaba meringues. They have an aftertaste of wet washing.
- But, she LOVES Po-Tay-toes
- I wouldn’t want to be in Jack’s book club.
Canal - I made a snort noise

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I think Veronica71 has it exactly correct that it’s people who don’t need to budget are the ones who are impressed and probably also the majority of the people giving her money. She doesn’t need to solve anything, she just needs to keep up the performance for those people that would never have to try any of her recipes. I love Mom, but don’t forget what her background is, she’s seriously posh. I think she genuinely believes jack is amazing. I mean she’d probably be amazed at the budgeting of any normal middle class family. She spends tit loads on speciality Italian foods etc…. But I love her because she’s very talented and never pretended to be anything that she’s not. I’m also so happy for her that she got away from that horrible Saatchi guy.

Also, Mom’s voice. Now that’s a voice I could live with.

I love that Jack is recommending more books. She’s so well read

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Most research and facts these days are posted online, rather than in books that can go out of date very easily. Unless it’s seminal information of course. Also having a pile of books proves nothing except that you have a pile of books.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I cannot get over how she apparently doesn’t like fresh potatoes.

I’m sat here now with my Maris Piper chips for my tea, and they are the most delicious accompaniment to most foods, and she’d rather eat a tinned potato or instant mash 😂 duck off Jack. More lies.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Off to catch up with the Depp trial, something surprisingly she hasn’t jumped on and made her own poor me battle. YET
She’s been to busy withering on about Orthodox Easter and Lesbian Visibility Week. Oh wait...

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Most research and facts these days are posted online, rather than in books that can go out of date very easily. Unless it’s seminal information of course. Also having a pile of books proves nothing except that you have a pile of books.
And we know how forensically Jack knows the contents of her books #lasttraintogeorgia

Anyway today's been really good, because it can sometimes seem like we're ploughing a lonely furrow on here. It's nice to know that some parts of twitter still have their critical faculties intact, and see exactly what we see.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
And we know how forensically Jack knows the contents of her books #lasttraintogeorgia

Anyway today's been really good, because it can sometimes seem like we're ploughing a lonely furrow on here. It's nice to know that some parts of twitter still have their critical faculties intact, and see exactly what we see.
I'm really thinking more and more that the people who see what we see outnumber the loyal squigs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Howling. A few pages behind so sorry if it’s been said, but how many actually poor people need bleeping reference books to talk about what it’s like?
That was my reaction too. She is a twit

I am curious about what she claims she is using the books for. What is she pretending to research and why?

Reactions: 30
I cannot get over how she apparently doesn’t like fresh potatoes.

I’m sat here now with my Maris Piper chips for my tea, and they are the most delicious accompaniment to most foods, and she’d rather eat a tinned potato or instant mash 😂 duck off Jack. More lies.
I find it really bizarre. Potatoes are a staple food in the UK, why would a food writer who's aim is to promote low cost recipes to a mainly British audience ignore them?

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I was on a bus (!!) the other week and there were a couple of teenage goths talking about Marxism and it was like they were the first to personally discover it and they had all the answers. Bit like Jack!
Didn't Marx like to go around to houses to Fight the Good Fight? (Eat). Just imagine him fetching up to Jacksie's, hoping a) he was on her forensic meal planner and b) it wasn't a bowl of slop as he did have teeth.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
The book thing's fucked me off (Sorry MancBee/Rev) more than it should have so:

FRMbvogX0AImeCu.jpg

I'm not commenting on all of them, just the most mental ones.

George Orwell's 1984 - why is this helpful for writing slop manuals? Ok, hun.

George Orwell's 'Books vs Cigarettes' is literally about how expensive books are. This is not the flex you think it is, Jack.

Peter Willmott's Adolescent Boys in East London - why is a 1966 study into adolescent delinquency helpful for your slop, Jack?

She's not read Jean Jacques Rousseau, because she'd pay her taxes if she had; nor has she read any of the Marx.

Sigmund Freud's Civilisation and Its Discontents - this is about curtailing base instincts for the good of society, which again... what relevance, Jack?

I can't believe she's saying she's reading We Are the Weather when it literally centres on the idea that climate change would be helped by eating fewer animal products. How many pork products did she eat last week?

Engines of Privilege is a deeply flawed book. The Tony Benn is performative. Dismembered is centrist and not even remotely radical for so-called lefty Jack Monroe.

FFS.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 87
personally my issue is with the fact that she’s suggesting that a 20 quid a week shop is easy. It’s not easy and so many people won’t be able to afford the fuel to cook her long winded faffing around recipes. Since fuel prices went up I’ve used my cooker once. I use my microwave a lot anyway but I’m using it more now.

Also her son has issues with textures? I remember her posting that she had made him a home made burger and chips. Why should he be forced to eat her slop? He’s his own person with his own taste in food. I bet his dad doesn’t serve him the crap she cooks.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.