Jack Monroe #294 It's like 10,000 tweets when all you need is a life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That was my reaction too. She is a twit

I am curious about what she claims she is using the books for. What is she pretending to research and why?
The book thing's fucked me off (Sorry MancBee/Rev) more than it should have so:

View attachment 1220682

I'm not commenting on all of them, just the most mental ones.

George Orwell's 1984 - why is this helpful for writing slop manuals? Ok, hun.

George Orwell's 'Books vs Cigarettes' is literally about how expensive books are. This is not the flex you think it is, Jack.

Peter Willmott's Adolescent Boys in East London - why is a 1966 study into adolescent delinquency helpful for your slop, Jack?

She's not read Jean Jacques Rousseau, because she'd pay her taxes if she had; nor has she read any of the Marx.

Sigmund Freud's Civilisation and Its Discontents - this is about curtailing base instincts for the good of society, which again... what relevance, Jack?

I can't believe she's saying she's reading We Are the Weather when it literally centres on the idea that climate change would be helped by eating fewer animal products. How many pork products did she eat last week?

Engines of Privilege is a deeply flawed book. The Tony Benn is performative. Dismembered is centrist and not even remotely radical for so-called lefty Jack Monroe.

FFS.
It's all for this "excoriating" book she has supposedly been working on for... 3/4/5? years I'm guessing it's going to be full of appropriated stories and a level politics hot takes. But it will sell well with people like Jack who think owning books on poverty make them a better person.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
She definately does not work 100 hour days that's for sure. I am literally having my first cup of tea since the am. I have been out of the house since before the school run and working my arse off since. Normally I can blag time here and there but not today.

Course she doesn't like real potatoes you have to cook them properly else they taste foul and she cannot cook.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
personally my issue is with the fact that she’s suggesting that a 20 quid a week shop is easy. It’s not easy and so many people won’t be able to afford the fuel to cook her long winded faffing around recipes. Since fuel prices went up I’ve used my cooker once. I use my microwave a lot anyway but I’m using it more now.
Then we begin this circle whereby someone will say that it’s not easy or doable - and Jack will agree with them and do her infuriating *taps the screen* reference to her tweet that it shouldn’t happen in this day and age.

It’s boring, I thought she’d grown after the stint in rehab but we are stuck in this Groundhog Day unless we get a squig uprising which is very unlikely. It’s the usual tweet > dopamine rush > gets ahead of herself > snark > lights off cycle that does my head in because it never ever changes. Someone who has emotional issues to the extent that Jack cannot cope with even the mildest criticism is really worrying that she is even on Twitter in the first place. She searches out criticism to find someone she can get a narc high from for bullying for an hour and send the FM’s in. If only someone of note would call her out, if only there was an online article calling out the pile ons and the non payment of taxes.

Jack truly believes she’s indestructible on Twitter, her narcissism is so rampant in every tweet. Every squig should hang their heads in shame that they aren’t doing due diligence when blowing smoke up her backside, and whoever said these are the people that don’t need her meal plan are correct. That’s how she’s getting away with it for so long as nobody on a budget calls it out - because they have their own meal plan that works out a million times better and isn’t bleeping gruel.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
The book thing's fucked me off (Sorry MancBee/Rev) more than it should have so:

View attachment 1220682

I'm not commenting on all of them, just the most mental ones.

George Orwell's 1984 - why is this helpful for writing slop manuals? Ok, hun.

George Orwell's 'Books vs Cigarettes' is literally about how expensive books are. This is not the flex you think it is, Jack.

Peter Willmott's Adolescent Boys in East London - why is a 1966 study into adolescent delinquency helpful for your slop, Jack?

She's not read Jean Jacques Rousseau, because she'd pay her taxes if she had; nor has she read any of the Marx.

Sigmund Freud's Civilisation and Its Discontents - this is about curtailing base instincts for the good of society, which again... what relevance, Jack?

I can't believe she's saying she's reading We Are the Weather when it literally centres on the idea that climate change would be helped by eating fewer animal products. How many pork products did she eat last week?

Engines of Privilege is a deeply flawed book. The Tony Benn is performative. Dismembered is centrist and not even remotely radical for so-called lefty Jack Monroe.

FFS.
Lol I'm just fascinated by Five Rules for Rebellion by Sophie Walker, for various reasons.
Oh god I just looked it up to try to figure out what the rules are and it turns out that she uses Jack as an example KILL ME NOW.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
I'm grunking so I apologise if this lands badly but in Jack's meal planner, she has 12 meals containing bacon, not including the accidental gammon sandwich. How the eff has she made 13 meals with 500g of bacon?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 63
That’s odd. Because anything I’ve found that I’ve been entitled to any time I’ve been on benefits I’ve found myself. Nothing to do with Jack Monroe. Sharing knowledge = cooking slop. Telling people to donate to food banks and starting pile ons on twitter.

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 17.57.46.png

On a side note. I found a tweet where someone was exposing someone else who is also on the grift and has been for years as a massive troll on twitter. Hes another one who used a brief period of being very poor to grift and he’s been at this for 4 years now. Constantly rattling the PayPal tip jar. Sob stories. Obscene. I don’t know how much he’s had but it’s been thousands apparently (he’s also a massive Jack fan and as big a bell end).

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Don't know about anybody else, but my nominations for the food awards were for black writers and cooks. One woman is an expert and researcher into African cuisines and has written a cookbook designed to appeal to both younger people, those less likely to be interested in the white middleclass monopoly on cookbooks and those motivated by the positivity of Black Panther - and another is a young man who has a great social media presence and is about to publish a book on Jamaican cooking.

It was quite irritating (putting it mildly) to see all the white faces giving the 'definitive book on xxxx food'.

And of course, for campaigner, it had to be Marcus.

JM forgot about lifting up black writers, cooks and chefs the instant she claimed she was going to (after insinuating that Hellmann's were threatening her with withdrawal of her five figure sum payment over the BLM protests). But that was then, not now - of course she's going to want to join the other white folk in scooping up the prizes.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
Then we begin this circle whereby someone will say that it’s not easy or doable - and Jack will agree with them and do her infuriating *taps the screen* reference to her tweet that it shouldn’t happen in this day and age.

It’s boring, I thought she’d grown after the stint in rehab but we are stuck in this Groundhog Day unless we get a squig uprising which is very unlikely. It’s the usual tweet > dopamine rush > gets ahead of herself > snark > lights off cycle that does my head in because it never ever changes. Someone who has emotional issues to the extent that Jack cannot cope with even the mildest criticism is really worrying that she is even on Twitter in the first place. She searches out criticism to find someone she can get a narc high from for bullying for an hour and send the FM’s in. If only someone of note would call her out, if only there was an online article calling out the pile ons and the non payment of taxes.

Jack truly believes she’s indestructible on Twitter, her narcissism is so rampant in every tweet. Every squig should hang their heads in shame that they aren’t doing due diligence when blowing smoke up her backside, and whoever said these are the people that don’t need her meal plan are correct. That’s how she’s getting away with it for so long as nobody on a budget calls it out - because they have their own meal plan that works out a million times better and isn’t bleeping gruel.
This is why she encourages/allows the FMs isn't it? Not just because it massages her ego to have them at her beck and call thinking she does no wrong, but because it will also make the squigs who see the light hesitant to say it publicly in case they are the next victim or the next one accused of driving her to a breakdown.

She doesn't go after TD because she knows she'd both that have her arse handed to her and that quite a few of the precious blue tickers follow both her and TD so a spat between them would definitely come up on their TLs and show them Jack's true colours - while when she's going after small accounts/people actually on a budget, it's more hidden.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
The idea of watching Brassed Off to be down with the povs is ending me.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
She has tweeted last year I think that he is on the spectrum. I'm not sure if it's true because dad hasn't said anything about it but he has posted about sibling health issues. It's not my business obviously but I am concerned Hack is co opting or projecting onto her son. Not sure which it is.
But a liquid/mush diet is generally fed to people with swallow/gag issues, stroke survivors, post oral surgery etc. Usually Asd children will avoid certain foods, have safe ones and for the most part they prefer texture. Crisps, chicken nuggets, chips, raw fruit and veg etc are very popular safe foods and they have some crunch or bite to them. Also foods need to be separate and seen as separate (hooray partition plates), generally a big mush mixture is regarded with disdain because they can't see what it consists of and it trigger a sensory response like retching . I have two ASD children and one of them has gag problems too but despite that, they prefer crunchy foods although it took years to get to that stage and they were on feeding tubes, puree mush etc. We built it up slowly and under dietician and nutritionist care. Jack is just pulling medical phrases from twitter, here and her own arse. She is a ducking twit.

I must have missed that. Who knows what the truth is with her.
so much all of this. My youngest is autistic and lives on crunchy dry foods off a partitioned plate. Even seeing me eat some lemon curd off a spoon once made him retch he cannot cope with any wet or sloppy texture at all. And anything new, different brand or with colours in is refused, for example he loves sausages but I got some heck chicken Italia ones the other week which have flecks of red pepper in so he was immediately suspicious and wouldn’t touch them. I know all kids are different and all ASD kids are different but her slop claims and hiding foods to trick him and combining it all into one sloppy mess are not the same as my experience

• Heart
Reactions: 44
We'll be rewatching Jack's 2020 stint on daily kitchen live over here in an hour if anyone wants to join:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.