Jack Monroe #294 It's like 10,000 tweets when all you need is a life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oooh the shop that is coming soon is called ‘art on a bootstrap’. Praise beans!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
You know what's more useful than putting potato peelings into a blender?

Putting them into some soil. If you peel with a knife [because of being unable to use a peeler - arthritis, don't you know - even though speed peelers are far easier to wrangle than a spud and a kitchen knife], they're thick enough to grow and if they don't, they provide extra nutrition for the bag/box/tub of soil. Same way if the potatoes are green (which you shouldn't eat - actual, real toxins), sprouting or squishy, cut them into roast potato sized chunks and plant them. It won't be overnight, but you could get several FREE meals out of something she's suggesting you puree. 10 kcals now (and I'm being exceedingly generous with that estimate) with a significant amount chucked into the bin because it is genuinely inedible like most of her recipes or 2000 kcals in 70-120 days?

And if you want maximum nutrition/vitamin C but don't actually want to eat the skin of fresh/edible potatoes - run a sharp knife around the diameter and then boil/steam them in the skins - they slip off once cooked with zero wastage and, because the highest Vitamin C levels are directly under the skin, you ensure that anybody eating them gets the maximum benefit from the humble spud.

Gluten free, protein, carbohydrate, fibre, vitamin C, B6, potassium, magnesium, calcium - what's not to like about the things?
You would think a half Irish literal food expert would know all this. A bag of potatoes is relatively cheap and extremely versatile and for many in the Uk matches their palate. Pretty sure she was spaffing off about a ‘perfect’ mash recipe coming soon also a while back.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
How do you have half a GCSE??
Must be a short course in something. When my brother was in sixth year at high school he did like a filler course in believe it not badminton. However he doesn’t run around telling everyone he did part of an SVQ in badminton

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Glaikit and sleekit. Never thought it was possible to be both, but she is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
View attachment 1220902
Totes professional website, babe xoxo
This comment is under a recipe for….let me see….some abomination called ‘Pumble’ (I tit you not). These squigs are beyond help really. The kickstarter copy that I likely paid waaaay over the odds for isn’t great so let me line your pockets further, my Slop Queen. FFS.

7B0F57DE-EC9A-41CB-906B-A94F57E05F4B.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
This comment is under a recipe for….let me see….some abomination called ‘Pumble’ (I tit you not). These squigs are beyond help really. The kickstarter copy that I likely paid waaaay over the odds for isn’t great so let me line your pockets further, my Slop Queen. FFS.

View attachment 1221001
Christ almighty! Look at the 'Pumble'. It's like something that would follow you in a fever dream.

Screenshot 2022-04-25 19.05.19.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.