Jack Monroe #294 It's like 10,000 tweets when all you need is a life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Posting before grunking but she has INFILTRATED my decompress,R4 drive home. The rudeness.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Jeez, I’ve had to grunk quickly to catch up the last couple of hours!

- tiger squigg’s profile is a bit scary
- I have tried Aquafaba meringues. They have an aftertaste of wet washing.
- But, she LOVES Po-Tay-toes
- I wouldn’t want to be in Jack’s book club.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I now have this picture of the squigs scrolling through Twitter during their lunch of Very Posh Lunch and Artisan coffee from Posh Artisan Lunch Hub (take-away so last year) telling each other how inspiring they find Jacksie and isn't her meal planner absolutely wonderful for The Poors. They like a few posts, perhaps forward a couple and then that is it. They have done Their Bit for society. 💅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Oh Lord she's got the pile of books out again.

View attachment 1220456
View attachment 1220475
Is there anything that screams more 'middle class Guardianista' than owning a bleeping book called 'The Working Class'? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Also, I earn about 50% of the median wage (not a poor smol pixie - I work part time by choice) and have never had to resort to budgeting £20/week for food. Surely the only people who have to cut back that drastically are people who have no income except benefits and/or have several kids to feed. How on earth is a midwife with a (presumably also employed) partner struggling that much?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Showing off all those books…pricey!
and fair enough chances most are freebies but she’d never acknowledge the privilege of being so well connected that this is normal for her.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
The problem with fresh potatoes is you have to cook them, and Jack would probably manage to f*ck up boiling a spud.
Well, there was that time during the November lockdown in 2020 when she was teaching Louisa Compton, head of news and current affairs at Channel 4, how to bake a potato but they burnt the potato, so 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 73
View attachment 1220513
Very sad to see that the Brassed Off dvd didn't make the cut for the newest version of her reading list.
Has anyone explained to Jack that reading a left wing book, doesn't actually make you left wing? I've read plenty of books by conservative/right wing writers, without turning into Margaret Thatcher.

Jack if you want people to believe you've actually read these books, you need to crease the spines a bit. It's also quite striking that this extensive reading is never actually reflected in her poor me witterings.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 77
Actual lol at Jack reading Poverty Safari!
If she was a genuine working class poor person, she wouldn't need a book to understand it. Not one poor person I have known has ever wanted or needed to read about poverty because they are too busy navigating their way through it trying to survive and cope. Jack pretends to research poverty and inadvertently reveals that she never was poor.

• Heart
Reactions: 80
View attachment 1220513
Very sad to see that the Brassed Off dvd didn't make the cut for the newest version of her reading list.
Very proud of those 20-odd books isn’t she? Reading age of 7 when she was 5 for crying out loud! Now look at her! She sometimes sends this picture to her old librarian who laughed at her when she tried to take out The Republic by Plato aged 8. Needless to say she had the last laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 68
If she was a genuine working class poor person, she wouldn't need a book to understand it. Not one poor person I have known has ever wanted or needed to read about poverty because they are too busy navigating their way through it trying to survive and cope. Jack pretends to research poverty and inadvertently reveals that she never was poor.
She'll be looking for anecdotes to steal, particularly from the more personal/memoir type books. The Marx and theoretical stuff is just for show.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Pratchett borrowed the VBI from Robert Tressell, 'The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists'..

ETA.. A missing letter.

Reactions: 29
Exactly. I actually thought Poverty Safari was really good but its target audience is very obviously not 'people who are already poor'. Maybe she'd know that if she'd read it 🙄

ETA: ironically, Jack probably IS its target audience. She's just too thick to realise she's telling on herself by revealing it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.