Jack Monroe #294 It's like 10,000 tweets when all you need is a life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing is if what she was doing was making a difference she wouldn’t have to keep banging on about what she’s doing on Twitter

Reactions: 41
Money on her having not having read 1 per cent of her books cover-to-cover. Impossible when you’ve been working 100 hours a week for 10 years and have an addiction to Tattle and Twitter

• Haha
Reactions: 71
So all this bollocks about “hope it softly, gently helps a little wraith somewhere”
is caveated with hope it helps a wraith, who likes the exact same food as me, doesn’t drive and comes from a household of 1.67 people.

👍 so fucken helpful Phillipa
And who can’t eat solid food or anything that isn’t beige

Reactions: 17
Proper buoyed by the blue ticker arselickers today isn’t she, back to speaking to people like tit 🤬

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Just jumping in to say THANK [space] YOU to the posters in the last thread who explained why the Vimes Boot Index is called the Vimes Boot Index. I never picked up a Pratchett book in my youth because the cover art was so off putting. True fact!

Anyway… I don’t understand how this analogy applies to food poverty. In the Pratchett example, it’s basically what my Dad would call “buy cheap buy twice”. A man who can only afford shoddy boots ends up spending more on boots over ten years than a man who can afford quality boots.

How does that example apply to food? Because it doesn’t track that people who can only afford cheap food end up spending more on food over time than people with bigger budgets.

Clearly I’m missing a key point so feel free to clue me in.
You have drilled down into the essence of why it’s nonsense. Also Pratchett copied it from somewhere else so she was riding the coat tails of the popularity of the books also. (I too disliked the cover art and have purchased the newer editions but still some of my favourites)

Reactions: 26
Is Mom now in a hostage situation in Australia? I can’t decide why else she would say such rubbish.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
In response to earlier poster re Iceland delivery, Iceland's not free unless you meet minimum order but yeah, then it's free delivery. Let's face it Cack will deffo be meeting minimum order, we know she doesn't survive on that poorly cooked crunk. Then again, she probably thinks of herself as more of a Waitrose shopper, except when she's pov cosplaying to her legions of adoring squigettes.

Reactions: 22
I attempted to make this for lunch but substituted the mushrooms with a potato, the lentils for beans and the ale for cheese. Thanks Jack it was delicious.
Grunking but I think I might substitute her recipe for a new one called Just Eat. Fancy!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.