Jack Monroe #291 What about the price of hummus?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t wait! If I give you my details, including email, mobile number, bank account no. and sort code, my first school and my mother’s maiden name, could you hit me up with a copy as soon as they’re available (‘winging me one’ would also be acceptable)? Thankyou! 🥰
If you have any tragic stories I could co-opt, I'll wing one right over, just remind me publicly on twitter numerous times. Is it OK if I have a piss and a sandwich now? I'm having bad mentals and it's all your fault

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Disappointed that thread 300 won’t coincide with the ten year anniversary of the blog going viral and Jack being thrust upon the world. That isn’t until July. I assume we get an extra bank holiday for that one, like with the queen?

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I can't stand the way she reduces the whole problem of the cost of living to just evil Tories. Nothing else. It's that simple.

Could it not be a complicated picture including many things. Such as rising middle classes across the world competing for resources, automation replacing jobs, people not wanting to pay a Nordic level of tax, an aging population, top up benefits allowing employers to pay less, state pension not pegged to life expectancy etc.

Printing money may also be a factor as they've been stealthy doing since 2008 and which Jack thinks doing way more of it and giving it to people will solve it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Going rogue and off topic to provide a public health warning - in the spirit of Pringles and growlers

📢 DO NOT GOOGLE MR TUMBLE CAR EXHAUST 📢
Lenny someone needs to stop that celeb thread you’re getting these bits from - there’s only one thing that’d fit in an exhaust and I don’t wanna see it

• Haha
Reactions: 50
This is what you've given the world Jack. Clumps of salad gone off, on pasta.

And the award for most pointless person goes to.....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
For thread 300, I'm going to make my dad's favourite; yellow belly custard, green snot pie, all mixed up with a dead dogs eye,
slap it on a butty, nice and thick,
and drink it down with a cold cup of sick. It can't be worse, can it?
OMG haven't heard this since my school days 🙀

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
For my celebration cake I will be making prune and oat surprise cake with sardine and prune juice sauce. The surprise will be whether it is served for breakfast or supper. 💅

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.