Jack Monroe #291 What about the price of hummus?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t always agree with Phillip Proudfoot on twitter but she’s just been owned by him there. It’s been said more than once to her that she actively campaigned against a Corbyn led Govt. Which means she’s part of the problem. She’s basically a selfish attention seeking twit like Owen Jones who criticised Corbyn when it was fashionable to do so then made an attempt at an apology

Her and Jones are two of a kind in my view. Willo the wisps. Flip floppers. Not an original thought in their heads.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
For thread 300, I'm going to make my dad's favourite; yellow belly custard, green snot pie, all mixed up with a dead dogs eye,
slap it on a butty, nice and thick,
and drink it down with a cold cup of sick. It can't be worse, can it?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
I don’t always agree with Phillip Proudfoot on twitter but she’s just been owned by him there. It’s been said more than once to her that she actively campaigned against a Corbyn led Govt. Which means she’s part of the problem. She’s basically a selfish attention seeking twit like Owen Jones who criticised Corbyn when it was fashionable to do so then made an attempt at an apology

Her and Jones are two of a kind in my view. Willo the wisps. Flip floppers. Not an original thought in their heads.
It's not the OP who is making the comment about Corbyn, it's one of the squigs in the responses.

Reactions: 17

Yeah they're two cheeks of the same arse to be sure.

I'm surprised Jack has never turned up on Jeremy Vine's festering turd of a show to talk bollocks actually.

Reactions: 26
For thread 300, I'm going to make my dad's favourite; yellow belly custard, green snot pie, all mixed up with a dead dogs eye,
slap it on a butty, nice and thick,
and drink it down with a cold cup of sick. It can't be worse, can it?
Would love to get the recipe for that if you have time

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I'm doing a roast chicken and roast potatoes for one (which is very sad but hey ho) and I just threw my potato peelings away, feeling very wasteful now. I could have stuck them in a pie or something.
Well you still have time to retrieve them from the bin, dry them in the windowsill and then cut up to mix with some sugar.

I use this concoction to bake with oats (potato surprise oats) or use in mason jars for innovative decorations at weddings.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
It's not the OP who is making the comment about Corbyn, it's one of the squigs in the responses.
I just meant in general about Corbyn as it’s been said before. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

I get the point that Phillip was trying to make. That she’s well off telling poor people how to eat.

Reactions: 16
Yeah they're two cheeks of the same arse to be sure.

I'm surprised Jack has never turned up on Jeremy Vine's festering turd of a show to talk bollocks actually.
Wasn't Owen Jones who is not a murderer whose baby she said she would have? Am I imagining this?
I think he didn't reply 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I'm curious to know why Jack was so critical of Corbyn? What reasons did she give?

Reactions: 11
9887D76D-26C8-4171-82C8-377390128463.jpeg

In her quest to make every meal ✨inventive✨ and ✨never seen before✨, Jack is pairing kidney beans, black beans and coconut. Mmm, that well known combo. What a winner.

I also love the way her recipes are always a) long, b) just a list of what went in it and c) capitalised. Almond, Lavender, Pineapple & Chocolate Cake with Plum Syrup and Vegan Rosewater Buttercream.

That kind of thing.

The best bit though? The way she’s capitalised “with Bread”. I don’t know why that ticked me, but it did.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.