Jack Monroe #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm very very behind on the threads but wanted to ask if anyone thinks this post might come from a fellow Tattler

Reactions: 7
I love pigs. That’s why I don’t eat them. However. I respect people’s choices to eat what they want.

But. Don’t promote yourself as a born again vegan and then stop being vegan and blame it on the ADHD

And don’t put ish at the end of your book either.

As for her comments that she let a lot of people down by going back to eating meat. She didn’t have to tell the world that she was vegan in the first place. I personally don’t give a fuck what she eats. I control what I eat and that’s it

What I can’t stand is her acting like she invented veganism. For likes shares and of course cash.

Reactions: 17
I'm very very behind on the threads but wanted to ask if anyone thinks this post might come from a fellow Tattler
Quite possibly. Had a quick look on her insta - seems she hangs out with scouse Rachel of sali Hughes fame. Another one who may have come over for a look after freaky Friday...
Hi Sophie if so

Reactions: 12
I had southern fried goujons in rolls with lettuce and mayo. Made two and only took a few bites of the second, too filling! (OT: I just recently went on the mini pill which is new to me and wonder if it’s affecting my appetite as I can’t seem to eat as much as I used to without feeling totally stuffed.)

I think, and this is very much speculation, that she thinks it makes her seem more sophisticated. I have a friend who I love but who is always rabbiting on about artichokes and anchovies and endive - and I’m 99% certain it’s because she thinks the bitter/salty etc tastes make her more refined and a “cool girl” (Gone Girl reference there)

It could also be because she’s lazy, useless and incompetent...

Reactions: 8
Hi Jack

My fridge contains the last dregs of an out of date bottle of soy sauce, half a carton of apple juice, a walnut and chilli crumb I didn’t use on some pasta, and some kinder chocolate. My cupboard has 76 teabags and a pot of nutritional yeast. Any ideas for a satisfying nutritionally balanced meal please?

Thanks
Love Old Mother Hubbard x

Reactions: 21
Shit are we meant to keep soy sauce in the fridge?

Reactions: 9
I had a sliced chicken (like the ham kind of chicken) mayo sandwich. I can’t be bothered with proper food at the moment, not even ramen nooodles!

OT (but kind also kind of a similar topic to the thread) but is anyone else so so sick of that bloody specsavers ad constantly droning on about how fabulous they’ve been during lockdown. My son said thé ad is longer than his last eye test!

Shit are we meant to keep soy sauce in the fridge?
Hahah look at the state of what is genuinely in my fridge and cupboard, I’m hardly the person to ask. You need St Jack, patron saint of paupers for that sort of high level culinary expertise!

Reactions: 11
Right then, GrunkaLunka-ing after a day of work. I’m at pg 32 , but it’s apparently gone up to pg 47 since 1pm!

I’m nearly scared to ask what’s happened —should I flick to the end?!?!

Or is it 15 pages of school lunch recollections (not complaining, bringing back some happy memories)

Or have the very rational posts pointing out the sense in the FSM boxes deflected attention from her “crusading”, and so we’ve been treated to another, er, photo shoot?

https://giphy.com/UipxfcxQmadkA

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.