Jack Monroe #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had microwaved tofu with chilli flakes and spring onions with some vegan cheese on sourdough bread. I had w bowl of homemade spinach and lentil soup as well.

I only eat tofu now and then. I’ve stopped eating fake meat for some reason. Not gone off it but just having a break.

Last night I had a meal from the folks that are helping folk out around here with meals due to the lockdown

Vegan pie and potatoes with peas and sweet corn. The pie was lovely. Whoever cooked that really knows their stuff.
have you ever tried tofu egg sandwiches? Simply bash the tofu round a mixing bowl for a bit and bob’s your uncle

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I had microwaved tofu with chilli flakes and spring onions with some vegan cheese on sourdough bread. I had w bowl of homemade spinach and lentil soup as well.

I only eat tofu now and then. I’ve stopped eating fake meat for some reason. Not gone off it but just having a break.

Last night I had a meal from the folks that are helping folk out around here with meals due to the lockdown

Vegan pie and potatoes with peas and sweet corn. The pie was lovely. Whoever cooked that really knows their stuff.
I have never microwaved tofu. Tell me more tell me more.....

Reactions: 4
Don’t worry as well as the four year old mustard someone else has a three year old jar of honey. I think it’s fair to say these people should stick to ready meals.
Honey is ok but not when it's kept in the fridge

Reactions: 4
I'm up to my eyes in boxes and bubble wrap but just checking in to say:

NO, ALLEGRA, NO.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Don’t worry as well as the four year old mustard someone else has a three year old jar of honey. I think it’s fair to say these people should stick to ready meals.
I'm sorry but these people cannot be cleaning their fridges regularly enough at all - how can you have something pushed at the back for three YEARS?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Anyone on Allegra Watch to see if she replies? 🤣
It may have already been mentioned, I'm a few pages behind, but I'm surprised to see that Allegra does follow Jack on Twitter, and I'm pretty sure that Twitter organises your followers in order of most recent and Jack is quite far down the list... I assume Jack must probably follow her back, I'm not wading through her list to find out though 😂😂

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I
have you ever tried tofu egg sandwiches? Simply bash the tofu round a mixing bowl for a bit and bob’s your uncle
I prefer tofu cooked but yes. I really like a tofu scramble in place of eggs.

I remember a few years ago I bought loads of tofu from approved foods. 33p a packet. So much tofu that the last few packs went to the seagulls :) Who loved it.

Reactions: 2
ETA: Actually, going to put this behind a spoiler, for the faint of heart and not as strong of stomach as JM.

When my step-son was very young, his mum once caught him sneaking into the fridge and drinking the bloody juice stuff from the bottom of a tray of pork chops. I think yours might be worse. On account of it being a grown up doing it.
Don't write the next book for her for god's sake!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Dear Jack, I found an old opal fruit in my pocket a couple of days ago. In these days of food wastage I am understandably loath to throw it away. Any ideas for a Carribbean inspired dish? The opal fruit is lime if that helps.
put it in a curry

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm sorry but these people cannot be cleaning their fridges regularly enough at all - how can you have something pushed at the back for three YEARS?

Not so much that I don't clean my fridge for 3 years, but when I do, I tend to put back things that others may well dispose of.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Yay good to have you back x
I did worry today people would think I did a flounce haha, I just had a weird day filled with phone calls so couldn't dip in and out of my beloved JM drama. A member of my team resigned too but absurdly I think he was trying to engage in a counter offer discussion - like hun read the room / economy / country / world?? I now have the absolute ball ache of trying to get him to admit he took an expensive screen home pre-lockdown & send it back so the lovely bloke in IT who let us as a favour doesn't get in trouble :(

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
ETA: Actually, going to put this behind a spoiler, for the faint of heart and not as strong of stomach as JM.

When my step-son was very young, his mum once caught him sneaking into the fridge and drinking the bloody juice stuff from the bottom of a tray of pork chops. I think yours might be worse. On account of it being a grown up doing it.
lmaooo this thread is 100% going to make me vomit by the end of the night isn't it

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I had elvers in spain with Olive oil and garlic. They were pretty good.I also had hake and clams, not sure I'd eat them on their own. I wouldn't be putting them in a potato salad that's for sure.

For dinner we had sliced potatoes with slow cooked onions with soy and ginger. Me and my daughter had cod with some salt and chilli seasoning on top and my husband had chicken with a healthy sprinkling of aromat. Was done in about 25 mins and minimal washing up.

Reactions: 8
I have never microwaved tofu. Tell me more tell me more.....
I put it in a bowl with dairy free spread and today I put some grated vegan cheese on top. It doesn’t take that long to heat up, just over a minute.

I just prefer tofu cooked and it turns out fine if you microwave it.

The last couple of times I’ve made it with turmeric and dairy free spread.

I cook half a packet at a time so the packet makes two meals.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.