Jack Monroe #288 Only a psychopath separates a bunch of bananas for a photograph.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apols if someone‘s already asked this (Easter Sunday morning grunk here) but are those just KitKat fingers rammed round the outside?
Also, “I didn’t have a cake board”. Isn’t this her ‘job’, or at least the thing she thinks is her job. She’s got plate after plate, bowl upon bowl, spoons until the end of time, but no cake board? I smell something odd (although that could be the cake).
I don't have a cake board either I tend to use a plate. It does the same thing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I can't stand how she seems to think it's fine that the poors need to exist on 'basics' and 'essentials' and their £20 weekly shop, but she deserves to hoard all of the nice, pricier food. It's so strange the way she simultaneously gloats about wealth and privilege in subtle ways and wants everyone to believe she's struggling in Dickensian conditions. What's up with that?

It's giving *urine samples*. Front right, see a doctor.View attachment 1199934
Front right was mine a few months ago when I made a kidney stone and it got stuck in my ureter. Just thought I'd share lovely mental image with everyone.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
As you all know my favourite refreshing non-alcoholic beverage of choice is an ice cold j twenty. With some sparkling water to dilute it. Close second is an appletise.
I have a sibling who doesn’t drink and I am usually driving so we have worked our way through quite a back catalogue of non-alcoholic beverages. Not once have we ever felt compelled to ask for tea and flat lemonade.
Jack had the temerity to moan about the non-alcoholic beverages at a party and then produces tea and flat lemonade!? Fraus, the mind BOGGLES

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
As you all know my favourite refreshing non-alcoholic beverage of choice is an ice cold j twenty. With some sparkling water to dilute it. Close second is an appletise.
I have a sibling who doesn’t drink and I am usually driving so we have worked our way through quite a back catalogue of non-alcoholic beverages. Not once have we ever felt compelled to ask for tea and flat lemonade.
Jack had the temerity to moan about the non-alcoholic beverages at a party and then produces tea and flat lemonade!? Fraus, the mind BOGGLES
Yeah, that was such a nasty rant too. J20 isn’t exactly cheap and they could have just had a bottle of orange squash instead but went for that for her.

I bet she buys those bottles of £20 non alcoholic gin too

• Heart
Reactions: 42
My theory:

The cake and all it's extras prove the slop shop was purely performative and there was a second shop done that day, with a separate receipt. This second shop contains all the food she actually eats, brand name goodies and expensive drinks for example.

I don't think pork belly was on the stocktake either.

Why is she like this?
I actually wouldn't put it past her to have donated the second shop to the food bank. Good on her, but I don't think it's her actual shopping.

Reactions: 23
Dont wish to triangulate myself but big fan here. Saw them live for the Millennium. Holy Bible one of my fave albums ! X
Don’t wanna triangulate myself either but if that was the Cardiff gig then I was there too! Catatonia and Stereophonics supporting if memory serves? Two future Jack watchers in the same room!

Now don’t @ me but I think that cake looks ok, mind I am obsessed with cake so will be forgiving of almost any messy pile as long as it involves sponge, buttercream and chocolate 🤤

But you just know that all the outlaws had to spend at least 20 minutes slavishly admiring the cake and praising Jack’s genius before being allowed to try, lol.
Sounds like she did meet her OH in the rooms. Not advisable so soon after going in but if they help her become stable and happy and importantly…finally satisfied with her lot…then that’s a good thing I guess?

I just hope OH has some decent time under their belt. Two newcomers each with less than a year under their belt is usually a disaster although I have seen it work very occasionally if both put their sobriety first rather than each other?

However…This may also mean that Jack’s acid outburst wasn’t chemically influenced but simple a reflection of her ordinary sober personality. Which is terrifying.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I can't stand how she seems to think it's fine that the poors need to exist on 'basics' and 'essentials' and their £20 weekly shop, but she deserves to hoard all of the nice, pricier food. It's so strange the way she simultaneously gloats about wealth and privilege in subtle ways and wants everyone to believe she's struggling in Dickensian conditions. What's up with that?
yep I’ve noticed this, also she simultaneously wants people to believe she is a smol fragile pixie with multiple conditions and disabilities but also capable of military shopping expeditions, yomping (urgh hate that word, reminds me of posh twats I have worked with) over hill and dale, and standingon tippy toe for 12 minutes to give keynote speeches. Both are not possible and it gives such an unrealistic picture of people living with disabilities and chronic conditions, it really jostles my courgettes.

I think it’s because her SM personality is a patchwork quilt of personalities she has collected throughout her life? Ballet dancer, firefighter, west London posh lesbian, poverty stricken pixie, media mogul, etc etc….she’s trying to use them all at once and bring different ones out for different situations, usually depending on what she wants to achieve or prove in that particular moment. But it doesn’t work, it comes off really weird, because added together all those identities don’t make a real person.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Coming from the past (grunking and it’s Wednesday, Jack’s been irrational and shouty about a Tory lady’s dinner) but here’s a piece about liars that’s in the Sunday Times…View attachment 1199904
I know I may be missing the point but I have 2 questions about this article.

1- how do you get guinea pigs to lie?
2- what do they lie about? "No Bruce*, I didn't eat your carrot, you must have forgotten".

*Guinea pig's name has been changed to protect his identity.

OT Hope SB and his BF got some decent food after leaving Jack's.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I wonder if "OH" ( 🤮) reads here, the way people google their new/potential partner.

If they have, that must have been quite the eye opener

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I'm not really a fussy eater but I literally would not be able to put that undercooked pork or slop anywhere near my gob. I would have to make my excuses and leave like NOTW reporters in the olden days.
You actually couldn't eat it, it's practically a physical impossibility. First of all, it would be extremely difficult to even cut into given how tough unrendered fat is, and secondly if you did not want to eat unrendered fat (who would?) you'd have to attempt to shave the meat part off it, you'd get about two minuscule bites out of it and that's it.

• Sick
Reactions: 38
yep I’ve noticed this, also she simultaneously wants people to believe she is a smol fragile pixie with multiple conditions and disabilities but also capable of military shopping expeditions, yomping (urgh hate that word, reminds me of posh twats I have worked with) over hill and dale, and standingon tippy toe for 12 minutes to give keynote speeches. Both are not possible and it gives such an unrealistic picture of people living with disabilities and chronic conditions, it really jostles my courgettes.

I think it’s because her SM personality is a patchwork quilt of personalities she has collected throughout her life? Ballet dancer, firefighter, west London posh lesbian, poverty stricken pixie, media mogul, etc etc….she’s trying to use them all at once and bring different ones out for different situations, usually depending on what she wants to achieve or prove in that particular moment. But it doesn’t work, it comes off really weird, because added together all those identities don’t make a real person.
I know its far too early for a thread title, but 'it jostles my courgettes' is fabulous.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
[/QUOTE]
I wonder if "OH" ( 🤮) reads here, the way people google their new/potential partner.

If they have, that must have been quite the eye opener
There will have been a long spiel, with much gnashing and wailing, about the evil Canal and all it’s fraus. He will no doubt think it beneath himself to even LOOK at the terrible things that torment his darling so. That said, I wonder if Leggy and LJC have the occasional grunk and shudder with relief like when you spy on a horrid ex on Facebook only to delight in their hair loss and odd looking children? In Jacks case, bowls of slop they don’t have to sample and go mmm best ever over.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.