Jack Monroe #288 Only a psychopath separates a bunch of bananas for a photograph.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
sorry if I'm mithering, but aren't most fentimans products slightly alcoholic. like, as much as shandy or kombucha is? they're all described as being brewed or fermented?

anyway, just went to check and, ugh, the horrible misuse of punctuation on the fentimans site's making my teeth itch

View attachment 1199756
It has a low ABV yes, less than 0.5% which I seem to remember got it banned for children in part of the USA. Orange juice can have a similar abv potentially. I don't know any people in AA so not sure what the stance would be on Fentimans etc but if she/they won't drink Kombucha then it should be a no to fentimans as well.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
The threads are moving at the speed of light, I can't keep up anymore!
As a pauper Frau, my life from 70s to early 90s was spend in various guest houses and bnbs as guests of the council along with other vulnerably housed families and lone adults down on their luck, recently released from prison, moved for safety, young mums, etc etc
Have a feeling I have written about this already but the houses were generally beautiful old houses with zero love in them. Communal areas were cheaply put together, woodchip wallpaper and the landlords were, without exception, nasty mean fuckers.
Everyone who lived there was either vulnerable or predator.
Shared TV lounges, cheapy cheap cheap breakfast cereal, some landlords would do fry ups and roast dinner and try to Shag your vulnerable mum ( mostly with success)
Being not allowed into your own home during the day with no money and nowhere to go is the pits.
Seen very vulnerable people with learning disabilities treated like this and just roaming the streets or hanging out in the launderette when not in their daycare.
My recollections are old.
With the dearth of social housing now and the increase in social issues I can only imagine these places have become worse for vulnerable adults and children
.hope she never achieves her dream of supporting the council by setting up an actual haunted hellscape.

In lighter news I'm a recently diagnosed ADHD Frau so obviously I am now the resident expert on jack and neurodiversity in general.
Looking back at prediagnosed me to the me now I can confirm I have been an hole at times, I generally felt terrible about it, never knew where it came from and always felt such deep shame and self loathing.
Since becoming an adult, gaining more insight into how to behave like a decent person has been invaluable.
Getting the diagnosis really helps me to see when I acted out of character and did things I never understood #reactivefrau.

I don't see the diagnosis as a reason to give myself carte blanche to be awful to people then blame it on my ADHD, chronic pain , trauma etc and I will work doubly hard now to listen to my brain when I'm reacting to slights/ perceived slight and work out how to deal with it better. Knowledge is power not a reason to absolve yourself of adult responsibility.

This has been my mid morning soapbox
The time now is 39 minutes past three or one hour and twenty minutes to five (, partridge voice)
Glad I was a le to join the thread in time to see my Easter bonnet.

It was bleeping horrendous and anyone who aspires to be an HMO landlord is likely to be greedy narcissistic Tory bleep.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 122
The threads are moving at the speed of light, I can't keep up anymore!
As a pauper Frau, my life from 70s to early )0s was spend in various guest houses and bnbs as guests of the council along with other vulnerably housed families and lone adults down on their luck, recently released from prison, moved for safety, young mums, etc etc
Have a feeling I have written about this already but the houses were generally beautiful old houses with zero love in them. Communal areas were cheaply put together, woodchop wallpaper and the landlords were, without exception, nasty mean fuckers.
Everyone who lived there was either vulnerable or predator.
Shared TV lounges, cheapy cheap cheap breakfast cereal, some landlords would do fry ups and roast dinner and try to Shag your vulnerable mum ( mostly with success)
Being not allowed into your own home during the day with some other is the pits.
Seen very vulnerable people with learning disabilities treated like this and just roaming the streets or hanging out in the launderette when not in their daycare.
My recollections are old.
With the dearth of social housing now and the increase in social issues I can only imagine these places have become worse for vulnerable adults and children.hope she never achieves her dream of supporting the council by setting up an actual haunted hellscape.
In lighter need, I'm a recently diagnosed ADHD Frau so obviously I am now the resident expert.
Glad I was a le to join the thread in time to see my Easter bonnet.

It was bleeping horrendous and anyone who aspires to be an HMO landlord is likely to be greedy narcissistic Tory bleep.
@Shawads thank you for sharing this, I don’t even know what to say apart from Jack Monroe 👀 please read Shawad’s comment and think.

There is an ADHD thread, all welcome, please come and join in if you’d like to x

• Heart
Reactions: 44
@Shawads thank you for sharing this, I don’t even know what to say apart from Jack Monroe 👀 please read Shawad’s comment and think.

There is an ADHD thread, all welcome, please come and join in if you’d like to x
Wow that's fab thanks a lot, I will x

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Come to my mums house. She serves instant mash!

That stuff is RANK. I mean all her food is….
I'm not really a fussy eater but I literally would not be able to put that undercooked pork or slop anywhere near my gob. I would have to make my excuses and leave like NOTW reporters in the olden days.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
12D5E7A3-9E57-4093-AC02-999ADCFBFDBD.jpeg
For the love of LJC Jack stop this tedious and incessant breadcrumbing of OH. Literally nobody on the hellsite or here gives a single solitary flying duck whether you are or aren’t “baking your cakes transactionally” (so to speak)

37CE8CE4-FFF3-4D91-B86F-2663E1619227.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Just because I can’t stop looking, frozen broccoli is cooked already isn’t it? So why would you then boil it and then flash fry it?

Surely after cooking and freezing in the factory, then boiling by Jack, it would disintegrate on contact with the “hot” frying pan?

Steaming frozen broccoli would be best so that it wasn’t damaged any further?

Moonboot.
Let’s not forget she bought fresh broccoli at Asda too.
I assume all the ingredients for this were included in the £20 shop...
Well wherever they came from (magic puddle?) they weren’t on the stocktake either.
I’m sure it’s not 😂 oh dear she was telling everyone that her patreon's are paying a pound, and a £12 a month er pops up, wonder how many other's will speak up 🤔
the balance of probabilities tells me there is nobody who would set up a direct debit for one pound a month. Jack is a liar. A barefaced liar. I wouldn’t even be surprised if she added this additional layer recently, knowing people are onto it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
View attachment 1199854For the love of LJC Jack stop this tedious and incessant breadcrumbing of OH. Literally nobody on the hellsite or here gives a single solitary flying duck whether you are or aren’t “baking your cakes transactionally” (so to speak)

View attachment 1199855
Was she incapable of covering the placemat in foil?

Probably. She didn’t manage to put the kitkats on without covering them in her fingerprints.

The Fentimans thing is really bothering me. They are expensive tonics and mixers and that is entire post is about her performatively creating cheap AF drinks. But she doesn’t does she? She goes out and buys probably the most expensive ones (other than the ones that are AF gin etc) out there. She is so disingenuous it is breathtaking.

Is it done on purpose; a cake supposedly made by her when she had people round, cheap drinks stored in expensive bottles? Is she trying to be found out?

WFK? Where is the granola?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Why is she now ruining tea. Pet you should be ashamed of yourself, have a word OH?!

When I am not drinking alcohol pet. I drink, tea, coke, fancy apple juice... I don't bleeping ruin decent tea and she says she judged it.

Madness!
But why make it up weeks in advance? The fizz will be no more, and those look like glass bottles, can’t make out the writing, but no cheap pop came in those 🤔

Reactions: 28
What.The.duck?!

Why does she slow cook beans ffs?! 😭
Why does she serve gravel? 😭
Why does she think that pork is cooked properly? 😭
I can’t stand belly pork after it made me feel very ill once. I realise it must have been poorly cooked as people go mad for it but 🤢 no thanks. Also, where did the belly pork come from, is it on the list?

Reactions: 26
View attachment 1199607
View attachment 1199608
View attachment 1199610
View attachment 1199611

Reposting these because I accidentally posted them on the wrong thread. head x
Apols if someone‘s already asked this (Easter Sunday morning grunk here) but are those just KitKat fingers rammed round the outside?
Also, “I didn’t have a cake board”. Isn’t this her ‘job’, or at least the thing she thinks is her job. She’s got plate after plate, bowl upon bowl, spoons until the end of time, but no cake board? I smell something odd (although that could be the cake).

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Jacks family seem to prove a theory I have developed after looking after various wealthy families.
Gen 1 - makes the money, starts the company, sacrificed a lot, usually works hard, might have a fairly nice house, but still keeps involved and has always worked. (Usually v nice people remembering harder times/working class childhood)
Gen 2 - might remember a childhood less well off but did private schools and had the trappings of wealth. Got brought into the company to take it over - lives in a v big house, flies first class, all the perks but doesn’t really do that much work apart from being the director. Often sells company and makes proper money. (Often have v superior attitudes)
Gen 3 - always been rich, private school, zero work ethic, expects to live off dividends - terrible relationships/drug problems - Grandad is trying to get Dad to put money in trusts so they can’t waste it. (Usually entitled arseholes)

Its an extreme form of wealth creation and distribution. Gen 3 spaffs it all away and gen 4 - poor SB is less well off than previous generations.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 65

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.