Jack Monroe #285 Please handle your white male saviours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have definite thoughts about the SB situation but prefer to keep them to myself, as an adult child of a narc parent i know how long those wounds last and don't want to add to them.

All I will say is that 10 / 11 / 12 are ages when kids go through a big increase in self-awareness and also awareness of the normality or otherwise of their parents' behaviour. It's also an age where they feel more comfortable making and voicing their own choices about their lives.
agree totally. I can’t imagine SB has the easiest time of things.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I don’t think that anything in that particular has to trigger this behaviour. She is just a vile, self entitled person. She’s not the ill, impoverished vulnerable person that she tries to portray herself as.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
She's being so truly nasty today isn't she? Having a go at ordinary people for nothing. And that tweet from a squig about flag shagging. OK so if someone votes Tory they're sub-human are they? Right. I'm sure that's fine and that stripping a group of people from their humanity has never led to any problems or atrocities anywhere in hist- oh. Right.

She's being really nasty right now. Woke up on a comedown or what?

Also, if she really chose her words with utmost care, her output would be reduced to less than 1% of what it currently is.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 51
I think she said on the first Lorraine, the live one, that old people don't understand what credit means. Something ageist like that.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 52
She's absolutely giddy isn't she. On a pure high (whether by attention alone or otherwise) and is just shooting her filthy mitts out in all directions, desperate for something else she can gain Twitter traction with and harvest all the lovely new followers with their enticingly-bulging pockets. For someone who constantly complains about nastiness online, she's never slow to spew it out herself. Surely every potential brand partner must now be waking up to how utterly toxic she is?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Oh God, don't give her ideas. I don't think I'm ready for Nazi Jack demanding a cookery show.

ETA: Though if she gets one it has to be called The Slop Nazi.
Well Seinfeld had the Soup Nazi but I think his soup was nutritious and he was funny. 🍵

• Haha
Reactions: 18
If I read that three times she'll get it returned with red pen through it. twit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Lol it just had to be THREE times that the pensioner was demanded to read it!

Jack I wouldn’t read it once and I spend a lot of time on a forum reading about your bullshit. Why the actual duck do you think anyone should be obligated to read your words you self important twit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Words are her living and yet she seems to have got confused between the electorate and the elected!

The firm of accountants I use sends out a helpful weekly newsletter. Some interesting snippets from this week's missive:

First, the gloves are certainly off in the arena of debt collection. HMRC are starting to come down hard on businesses still struggling to get back on their feet, who have HMRC debt, even if they are not that far behind. It is becoming clear that HMRC wants your cash and sooner rather than later. It seems inevitable that we will now see a spike in HMRC led insolvencies.

HMRC are investing heavily in debt management resources so you can expect them to be proactive in the collection of tax arrears of any description. Expect the conversation to be firm but polite and not paying up, is unlikely to be an option. We hear that call waiting times for people trying to make Time to Pay Arrangements with HMRC are increasing as so many people, following a scary call from an HMRC hit man, dive for the security of a repayment schedule.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Hoping a lurker will go point this out to the squigs criticising the costings 🙏
If there's one about could you also let Tory Squig that Jack is no position to be lecturing anyone about budgeting given that she's not paid any tax since 2019.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.