Jack Monroe #284 Jack 'Doesn't turn up to every Twitter fight' Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't believe this poisonous, self indulgent fraud has the nerve to claim she's working on the frontline alone. For a start she's not on the frontline, secondly how dare Princess Jack sit there and ignore the millions of people out volunteering and working in their communities to tackle poverty- quite often poverty they themselves experience while sits there in her fancy middle class bungalow. The very idea that she's been of any use in this at all is mind boggling. She knows nothing and should be directing people to proper sources of advice and support not feasting off their misery like the amoral class vampire she is. For her to go on and whine about the state of services when she has not paid taxes since 2019 because she thinks treating herself to branded consumer goods is more important than public services beggars belief. Does she think no one can see her?

Screenshot 2022-04-12 10.04.51.png

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 77
I am appalled so much for her behaving herself to keep in work. I hope she gets into big trouble for picking Ng on the poor bloke, hole he is.

Some of the people who would be looking to her are most likely women who have fled abusive relationship that have had similar said to them during dark time and yet this alleged saviour is saying the same language.

I don't know if doesn't sit easy with me.

• Angry
Reactions: 42
Like. I don’t know about most people but I hardly carry cash these days. The only time I tend to have cash on me is if I’m out for a meal and I need a couple of quid for a tip

It’s all a nonsense. Crumpled fiver. Stereotypical nonsense. So detached from the reality of being poor it’s obscene.

Reactions: 41
Personally I think we’re in a “he LEFT” situation since the weekend.
If all this isn't because OH LEFT, then it is a massive warning to them. They will be hightailing it out of there pronto, if they have any sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
Got a mega grunk to do but in the blog post she's just published and which she clearly hopes will go viral, she's linked to someone's (very distressing) coroner's report? And that person has a young son who could read it? I actually feel sick.
Seriously? Don’t want to give her the clicks and read. That’s obscene.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Christ alive what a barrage of utter bollocks. The start of it reads like one of her usual grauniad ‘articles’ as it’s semi coherent and at least referenced (wasn’t she supposedly commissioned for a graun piece last week which never materialised?) but then descends into unreadable Kevin-and-possibly-❄-fuelled lunacy. I reckon the graun rejected her submission as they’ve finally got someone in editorial with a bit of sense so she’s blogged it in a narc rage instead and then carried on abandoning punctuation and sense as she went 🙄

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Can I just point out there is a massive lack of sensitivity in her using the word yomping, given it origins, when talking about the occupied region of Kyrenia?

• Wow
Reactions: 46
Thing is, why do we never see any of the work she claims to do. Why not share the male plans she makes. Why did she need to ask for stories of poverty if she's inundated with them?

How are people in poverty who don't use twitter (let's face it, it's a pretty middle class platform) find out about her and get her contact info? Her agents email is in her bio. Unless it's all done locally, but then you'd think there would be praise from locals under articles about her in the Southend echo shared on Facebook when all you get is snide comments.

She shares so much of her life on Twitter why not post a bit of her actual work?

• Heart
Reactions: 47
ker-ching! Another Patreon follower. I hope they gave you £3.50.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
Thing is, why do we never see any of the work she claims to do. Why not share the male plans she makes. Why did she need to ask for stories of poverty if she's inundated with them?

How are people in poverty who don't use twitter (let's face it, it's a pretty middle class platform) find out about her and get her contact info? Her agents email is in her bio. Unless it's all done locally, but then you'd think there would be praise from locals under articles about her in the Southend echo shared on Facebook when all you get is snide comments.

She shares so much of her life on Twitter why not post a bit of her actual work?
Cos she's lying x

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Water-porridge, otherwise known as … porridge?
That might be the most edible thing she’s ever made tbf. How is she making it at 11.30 though? That’s past her electricity and bed time cut off
Surely it’s ‘pasta’ electricity and bedtime cut off?!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I’m pages behind so not sure where this will land, and others will no doubt have said the same - but… it’s not cool to show off about jewellery dupes, which, let’s face it, are fakes. And in any case, no Etsy seller worth their salt would admit to that, surely?

And more seriously - I hate that JM is the (self-proclaimed, but seemingly accepted) “voice” of people living in poverty. When she is finally discredited, she’ll have done more damage to their cause than if she hadn’t ranted for years in the first place. This government won’t hesitate to let all people living in poverty be tarnished by her reputation. It’s just tit.

I’m not saying anything new, I know. But her vileness is just so unpalatable. If I was living in poverty I’d want someone with a better grip on reality to be my advocate. Not a shouty, grandiose attention seeker.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
If her appearance on Lorraine tomorrow is not well received, it will be a toss up whether she buries it under nonsense, or cries bullying.
Most of the squigs didn't even comment on last week either they kept quiet in kind or they didn't bother

Reactions: 21
Marcus Rashford “taps full-time meals sign”
Tom Kerridge “throws wiper at whiteboard”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
So, that pasta piece...firstly it's really badly sourced, in terms of the claims she makes about state cruelty. Some of the 'sources' she links to are just Twitter claims or stuff she's said on TV. Others, for example, the coroner's report on Philippa Day (RIP) are misleading - she claims Philippa's tragic death was due to 'state designed cruelty' but actually it's irresponsible to make that claim about someone who, sadly, was extremely mentally unwell, very unstable, chaotic lifestyle, her care team confirmed she would have been homeless had it not been for the dedicated care of NHS, social services and her family. Many many factors there. To boil it down to 'state cruelty' is a) incorrect and b) flouts Samaritans guidelines on the media reporting of s**c*de (uncertain Philippa's death was s**c*de btw) which urges media NEVER to attribute such events to one single cause, as per decades of psychiatric research and current understanding of the phenomemon.

Secondly, the language she uses is horrible. I'm sure she thinks it's hard hitting and powerful, but it's horrible. For example, the metaphor about 'green shoots of economic recovery' being 'fertilised' by 'corpses' killed by the State. Deliberately invoking images of WW1 and concentration camps is not really on.

There's a big difference between highly complex social and economic and political factors as they affect individuals (and YES this should be discussed and campaigned on) and alleging deliberate state sanctioned cruelty. Monroe is alleging that the Governmment is conspiring to and carrying out a mass extermination of poor people in the way Stalin deliberately planned and carried out the extermination of 7 million Ukrainians via starvation in the Holodomor.

This is such a serious and inflammatory allegation. And, a day after the conviction of the murderee of David Amess, it could EASILY inflame a lone mentally ill person to decide to get justice by stalking down and harming a prominent politician.

What is she DOING?????

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 91
All of the energy that she puts into angry tweeting and blogging could be used to sort her tax affairs out. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Tug me gently away from my inbox at 5am 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

God. Can Liverpool not play soon and get her to change the bloody subject?

Someone actually commented on twitter last night that there are no inbetweens with her. It’s either massive highs or crashing lows.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.