Jack Monroe #284 Jack 'Doesn't turn up to every Twitter fight' Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The ‘we broke Kevin’ could be the turning point for a lot of people.
It won't though, at least not among her supporters (it may do amongst waverers or people who stop and think for a moment but there ain't too many of them on Twitter). This is culture war stuff - provided her target can be demonised as 'them' (and this guy did look a twit to be fair), then anything is fair game.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Skimmed the bollocks blog post. She's still insisting 100g of pasta has 147 calories. Don't know why that's so annoying to me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
So targeted harassment towards Kevin is today’s chaos. She bragged about eating 4 McDonald’s burgers a week ago and now if someone else does it they are in the wrong?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Christ alive what a barrage of utter bollocks. The start of it reads like one of her usual grauniad ‘articles’ as it’s semi coherent and at least referenced (wasn’t she supposedly commissioned for a graun piece last week which never materialised?) but then descends into unreadable Kevin-and-possibly-❄-fuelled lunacy. I reckon the graun rejected her submission as they’ve finally got someone in editorial with a bit of sense so she’s blogged it in a narc rage instead and then carried on abandoning punctuation and sense as she went 🙄
I suspect that is the (rejected?) Guardian article rejigged a bit to keep the bullying of Kevin going.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
Cos she's lying x
Yes, absolutely x

It just takes a modicum of critical thinking to realise that. In a way I'm thankful to jack as I'm now a lot more critical in my consumption of media because she has shown just how easy it is to control a narrative.

The sad thing is if I quit tattle and wrote a blog post laying this all out I would likely be obliterated and possibly lose my job (work for a progressive charity)

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Just got another email from her. Her new piece is titled "It's Not About The Pasta, Kevin". I'm not reading it as I'm BUSY with my children, we're out for the day doing nice things. Enjoy your fury Jack, have a lovely day! 🥰
I’ve read it. The usual fire & fury stuff. And notably, she states she has ‘no one to pull her away from the internet at 3am, no one to cry with’ so maybe OH has split. Would explain her current mood.
I think she’s been dumped, went straight for the j1g and this has came out. The dopamine of bullying got her on a high and now we are where we are.

Hopefully more people will see the light and that something isn’t quite right. The ‘we broke Kevin’ could be the turning point for a lot of people.

Reactions: 42
here we go

Blossom hill wine is cheap pig swill I don't drink alot of wine but I know if I did I wouldn't pick that one for a ",fancy" bottle.

It's like £4 a bottle in iceland sweetheart. It's not like he's mainlining Dom on the reg.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
View attachment 1188404
It's nice that she regularly writes on her blog!
"The site is currently still a bit broken after the crash late last year – don’t worry, the recipe bits all work! – but it isn’t running ads right now, which means it isn’t generating an income from views and traffic. I’m working on fixing it, but in the meantime I’m basically working for free right now." 🙄🙄🙄😴😴😴

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
She's just, exhausting!
How is she *still* getting away with this all when she hasn't paid any taxes?!
She even has the balls to mention rishi mate wife tax situation in that pitiful article promoting herself.

• Sad
  • Heart
disgusted-heather-dubrow.gif

I can always rely on the Real Housewives for a nefarious gif. ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
So targeted harassment towards Kevin is today’s chaos. She bragged about eating 4 McDonald’s burgers a week ago and now if someone else does it they are in the wrong?
Some people are against Tory austerity measures because they think it's wrong to leave people living in such poverty, other people like Jack are just angry it's the Tories getting to do it and not her punishing her enemies for whatever it is that's wrong with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
“KEVIN IS WRONG. PASTA IS NOT 50p, IT’S 29p”

(I couldn’t get through that wall of guff)

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Christ alive what a barrage of utter bollocks. The start of it reads like one of her usual grauniad ‘articles’ as it’s semi coherent and at least referenced (wasn’t she supposedly commissioned for a graun piece last week which never materialised?) but then descends into unreadable Kevin-and-possibly-❄-fuelled lunacy. I reckon the graun rejected her submission as they’ve finally got someone in editorial with a bit of sense so she’s blogged it in a narc rage instead and then carried on abandoning punctuation and sense as she went 🙄
BiB ended me.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
“KEVIN IS WRONG. PASTA IS NOT 50p, IT’S 29p”

(I couldn’t get through that wall of guff)
It's so pathetic. For a start upon being challenged Kevin immediately clarified (albeit a bit snottily) that he wasn't suggesting people live solely on pasta but his assertion was that you can eat cheaply and well on a low budget. That, this is what Jack claims when she's trying to flog her books seems to have passed her by. She's essentially gone off on a rant at someone for an opinion they don't actually have.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
Blossom Hill. Says the moon howler trying to pretend her grand earrings are an Etsy dupe. Says the poverty princess posing with her Liverpool top on (for context I have no issue with folk having football merch, have plenty myself, just that she’s partial to spending herself but grudges someone else a bottle of wine).

Seriously. A year after a massive relapse she’s on twitter acting the tit again. It’s just self harm by any other name.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
You have one greek grandparent! duck off! You are about as British as a weak cup of milky tea.
As a proper, immigrated Greek, I am consistently baffled and slightly offended by the way she insists on talking about Cyprus as if she's a klepht in 1872. Jack, most Cypriots live in urban areas. It is a modern, thriving country. We don't have nomadic lifestyles which involve roaming over mountaintops and snaffling lemons from the trees. And we don't run with goats, because goats hop from crag to crag on dizzying mountain heights that are impossible for humans to scale. They don't gallop along with you over meadows in packs like you're some demented, grifting Artemis.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 114
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.