Jack Monroe #284 Jack 'Doesn't turn up to every Twitter fight' Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tug me gently away from my inbox at 5am 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

God. Can Liverpool not play soon and get her to change the bloody subject?

Someone actually commented on twitter last night that there are no inbetweens with her. It’s either massive highs or crashing lows.
Bipolar? Mixed with NPD? Not that I want to add another illness into the fictitious illness cocktail

Reactions: 22
It's so pathetic. For a start upon being challenged Kevin immediately clarified (albeit a bit snottily) that he wasn't suggesting people live solely on pasta but his assertion was that you can eat cheaply and well on a low budget. That, this is what Jack claims when she's trying to flog her books seems to have passed her by. She's essentially gone off on a rant at someone for an opinion they don't actually have.
This is it. Her books are all geared to making something with cheap white pasta and cheap soft white bread, but a man with Tory affiliations mentions someone eating pasta as he sips his blossom hill wine and eats his 99p savers burger is apparently a poor hater. Yup, it all makes sense.

Reactions: 49
Also, is being proud that someone had to lock down his account a good thing?

duck off Jack.
View attachment 1188188
[/QUOTE]

But who has she helped with this endless rant? She’s not changed Kevin’s mind in fact she’s probably made him think he’s even more right now he’s had a screaming Jack and her flying monkey raging at her.

I hate the Tories and what they’ve done - the poorest will always suffer the most under them but they are our democratically elected government and we’re voted in by some of the very same people Jack thinks she’s saving with her 20p slop. She’s not changing their minds with this diatribe she’s just making left wingers feel awful righteous about themselves that they are right in their echo chamber which is how we ended up in this god awful mess in the first place.

And is she editing two books or is she making one with cheap recipes that’s also filled with stories of those dying from starvation cos that’s a hell of a mix …. Who wants to put together some slop hoping it will keep their kids hungry (and I’m sorry my kids are quite good eaters but would touch half the stuff she makes!) and then huddle up in bed and trying to keep warm reading the rest of her book about people like them dying?????

Oh and whilst I’m ranting - she hasn’t made the VBI and she makes me sick getting applause on the back of Sir terry and his brilliant description of why being poor is expensive.

Right and breathe…..

• Heart
Reactions: 59
The first sentence is one of the most offensive and delusional things I have ever read.View attachment 1188311
That first sentence is horrendous and so insulting to the many, many people out in the real world doing tangible things. The man on panorama last night is just one of the people actually out there doing something.

She posts nothing that helps people, directs people or supports people that are helping.

Life is really quite crap for so many people, for so many reasons, it can feel really overwhelming but to paraphrase a famous quote....when things are bad look for the good people, there are always helpers.

Her middle class following are following her because they believe she is one of the good guys. She could easily point people in the direction of real life actual help; be that for people who need it or for her followers who could donate.

Sadly it is all about her tip jar. Donate to me. Give me praise and pats. Worship me. Like me. Adore me. The only person she is helping is Jack. Poverty helps Jack, it gives her a career and earns her money.

Jack does nothing to help others. If you follow her Twitter you would probably think nobody else helps either!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
As a proper, immigrated Greek, I am consistently baffled and slightly offended by the way she insists on talking about Cyprus as if she's a klepht in 1872. Jack, most Cypriots live in urban areas. It is a modern, thriving country. We don't have nomadic lifestyles which involve roaming over mountaintops and snaffling lemons from the trees. And we don't run with goats, because goats hop from crag to crag on dizzying mountain heights that are impossible for humans to scale. They don't gallop along with you over meadows in packs like you're some demented, grifting Artemis.
Does she even Greek tho? I’m all for people discovering and celebrating their heritage (if distant) but she’s got some weird ideas about moving there and living on lemons and goats. Last week it was all Norn Ireland and fifteens and Taytos.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
Do you think this could be an intentional breakdown to wriggle out of the tax?
I think she’s pretty much like this all the time. Chaos. Sets the dogs on people. Tells lies. Plays victim. I had to bite my tongue on twitter last night as one of my followers was supporting her in the pasta debate.

What really annoys me is the concept that she thinks poor people deserve nothing better than pasta with a bit of 4 days old scraggy spinach on top. There’s zero wrong with using leftovers but I’d rather eat beans on toast than eat any of the scraggy slop she thinks poor people should be eating.

I’d die before I ate that chickpea and peach curry abomination.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I think she’s been dumped, went straight for the j1g and this has came out. The dopamine of bullying got her on a high and now we are where we are.

Hopefully more people will see the light and that something isn’t quite right. The ‘we broke Kevin’ could be the turning point for a lot of people.
Lets hope some Squigs hit the Report button.

Reactions: 35
She’s not saying the wine is expensive. She’s sneering at him buying wine that’s available from Iceland and eating Maccies. She might be cosplaying temperance but she’s still prodding at his choice of booze and fast food. She’s playing to her audience of vile, middle class snobs who don’t actually know any normal people. “God look what swill these stupid Tory poors call booze”

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Does she even Greek tho? I’m all for people discovering and celebrating their heritage (if distant) but she’s got some weird ideas about moving there and living on lemons and goats. Last week it was all Norn Ireland and fifteens and Taytos.
Well she's second or third generation so her ideas are probably gleaned from grandparents' misty, nostalgic memories of summers spent in rural locations in the 50s, rather than the country as it is today. I'd love to know if she speaks the language. I'll bet she doesn't otherwise we'd all know about it. Jack, if your ancestry means so much to you then why not learn to speak Greek fluently? It is the second longest contually spoken language known to man; it's beautiful and expressive; and you'll have access to centuries of top class literature, philosophy, religion and thought that fundamentally shaped the entire culture of the West. You might find it....ENRICHING. Or is it too much work for too few tip jar donations?

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Jack in reply to the media people... ffs the language she used is so emotionally manipulative.
SmartSelect_20220412-105338_Twitter.jpg

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 77
Bipolar? Mixed with NPD? Not that I want to add another illness into the fictitious illness cocktail
The person suggested bipolar. I’m not trying to diagnose her either obviously as I’m not qualified and of course everyone with a diagnosis is different but to me her behaviour on twitter is getting more manic.

Do I think she’s a narcissist? Yes. The drama. The compulsive lying.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
As a proper, immigrated Greek, I am consistently baffled and slightly offended by the way she insists on talking about Cyprus as if she's a klepht in 1872. Jack, most Cypriots live in urban areas. It is a modern, thriving country. We don't have nomadic lifestyles which involve roaming over mountaintops and snaffling lemons from the trees. And we don't run with goats, because goats hop from crag to crag on dizzying mountain heights that are impossible for humans to scale. They don't gallop along with you over meadows in packs like you're some demented, grifting Artemis.
GRIFTING ARTEMIS :D :D :D

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I think she’s pretty much like this all the time. Chaos. Sets the dogs on people. Tells lies. Plays victim. I had to bite my tongue on twitter last night as one of my followers was supporting her in the pasta debate.

What really annoys me is the concept that she thinks poor people deserve nothing better than pasta with a bit of 4 days old scraggy spinach on top. There’s zero wrong with using leftovers but I’d rather eat beans on toast than eat any of the scraggy slop she thinks poor people should be eating.

I’d die before I ate that chickpea and peach curry abomination.
I agree I would use her books as Kindling to keep me warm rather than use it too cook.

I was thinking last night of something my mum used to make that was tasty and made a change from regular jackets. She used to bake large potatoes from the bag, say 2 each. She used to buy sacks from the farmer for like 2 quid a bag. She baked them, scooped out the inside and mixed it with alittle onion, mushroom and bacon and butter, salt and pepper and stuff them back into their skins and melt under a grill with a little cheese. It was cheap and it filled us.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Screenshot 2022-04-12 10.59.33.png

No one is suffering like our Jack and her collapsing brain.

Screenshot 2022-04-12 10.59.51.png

Remember to be kind because aggression doesn't help. 🙏

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.