Jack Monroe #283 Tax Jack, tax Jack, needs to start paying back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What about her money saving tips book?
Or was it just
1. Buy tins
And then she ran out of ideas
Do you buy potatoes in tins or is that when you’re depressed? Coz eating tinned spuds would really depress me

I remember there used to be CDs with glossy booklets, and for some reason they smelled of celery. Maybe they were made in Edinburgh?

On topic, Jack, asking if a pasta recipe should go in the pasta chapter of your book is honestly not an “ADHD hack”.
Omg they did smell of celery! However Edinburgh smells of baked potatoes (hops)

• Haha
Reactions: 24
So she sees comments she doesn’t like and then she hooks herself up to a printer and prints them off, on printer paper with expensive ink, just so her cat can piss on them?
Riiiiiiiggghhht
Needless to say I, Jack Monroe, the literal budget cooking expert had the last laugh again.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
It is absolutely astonishing how stupid so many people are. I’m gobsmacked that people can’t tell the difference between calories per gram of cooked pasta and calories per gram of dried. That thread is full of her usual centrist dads like “hurr hurr yes if we just soak all our food in water that’ll really up the calories”. How do these people dress themselves ffs?

Jack is just a bog-standard sociopath. Whether or not she gets away with her tax grift she’s an empty person with a hole where her soul should be.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
Can anyone point me in the direction of Piano Jack? I've searched the threads but I just ended up on #63 (what a weird thread that was with the appearance of Definitely Eamonn Holmes' Cousin, Promise).
Sing us a song, Piano Jack
Sing us a song tonight
It’s better than cooking a load of kack
Although your singing is shite

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I'm scared to have any p word now. 😨 Is it allowed if you use one of Mrs Almighty's recipes? If so I'll give it a miss, thanks.
Are we allowed to comment on the price of other carbohydrates or is it just p word that is banned? :confused:

I fancy some potatoes tonight but I can't remember how much they cost (spudnesia). Will I be OK?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I'm scared to have any p word now. 😨 Is it allowed if you use one of Mrs Almighty's recipes? If so I'll give it a miss, thanks.
Are we allowed to comment on the price of other carbohydrates or is it just p word that is banned? :confused:

I fancy some potatoes tonight but I can't remember how much they cost (spudnesia). Will I be OK?
Yes, absolutely x

• Haha
Reactions: 20

you are only allowed potatoes tonight if you sing “Potatoes” byJack Monroe whilst cooking them. To the tune of ConTe partiro.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
It is absolutely astonishing how stupid so many people are. I’m gobsmacked that people can’t tell the difference between calories per gram of cooked pasta and calories per gram of dried. That thread is full of her usual centrist dads like “hurr hurr yes if we just soak all our food in water that’ll really up the calories”. How do these people dress themselves ffs?

Jack is just a bog-standard sociopath. Whether or not she gets away with her tax grift she’s an empty person with a hole where her soul should be.
I’m about to out myself here…. and perhaps because I’m a mithering ninny but I’m now not sure about what I thought I knew about pasta weights and have been on the adult fermented potato liquor so not not too sure!

p.S there is a dispatches following by panorama coming up now….. she will have to go viral!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She is shameful. I get she doesn't want people to starve but, I'm sure that bloke doesn't mean that people only have to eat dry pasta. She's so tone deaf, ill mannered and horrible.

Reactions: 32
I hope this doesn’t sound callous but WHOOOOOOO on this planet wants to read a book about people dying, written by a tax dodger, who may or may not have used a food bank once in a 6 month self-induced poverty as she was too Tory to be seen to be on benefits?! WHO?! Who will it even benefit bar JM herself? Read the Guardian, it’s full of middle class people writing about how bad it is to be a poor. Save your money going directly to Tiffany by reading some current news (this issue has been in the news for the last 10 years, plenty of material 🙃) and donate £5 to a charity instead. What is she on, honestly.
It sounds ghastly. And you just know she will wang on endlessly about herself. Because her poverty has the been the worst poverty for anyone ever in the history of poverty.

Can't believe Trifle Defender called Jack a prick 😂
And I too reckon Jack has been dumped. Not bloody surprised.

And didn't she say she often pulls all nighters working? With no electricity?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Honey, we WERE looking forward to Jack fronting her new cookery show but looks like we've got another 10 year wait. So, don't give up there Kevin...it could happen. Be a dreamer. (y)

1649704106450.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.