Jack Monroe #283 Tax Jack, tax Jack, needs to start paying back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Title by @Ostapbender Nominated by returning champion @Brian Butterfield

Please remember no thread titles until the tail end of the thread and to add ‘thread title’ or ‘thread title nomination’. No swearing in them please, mystical sky daddy is watching.

Wiki is the pink button for newbies.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
I’m presuming the family in question Jack Monroe never uses public roads, the NHS, pensions, education, University, vote, need any emergency services, furlough, libraries, museums, public green spaces, or use any industry employing service workers whose wages are topped up with tax credits…?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
There was that ch4 documentary (👋 LJC) about that bloke who majorly took the piss with tax as a limited company director, and they went IN on him and his wife cos of “unexplained wealth”. Iirc it ended with his going to prison party? Can only assume that whichever employees/departments that tallied up the value of their cars, home, and LV luggage would also be keeping an eye on £2.5k of jewellery popping up on talking head segments?

This is actually so bad I feel sorry for her, let’s hope Mark Lewis has the lights ON for this one? (or OFF his problem was too much chaotic energy?)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Title by @Ostapbender Nominated by returning champion @Brian Butterfield

Please remember no thread titles until the tail end of the thread and to add ‘thread title’ or ‘thread title nomination’. No swearing in them please, mystical sky daddy is watching.

Wiki is the pink button for newbies.
oh my God a thread title! I'd like to thank the Academy (no slapping here please)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
I’m presuming the family in question Jack Monroe never uses public roads, the NHS, pensions, education, University, vote, need any emergency services, furlough, libraries, museums, public green spaces, or use any industry employing service workers whose wages are topped up with tax credits…?
Can't manage roundabouts.
Private medicine doctor shopping.
Yes, well...
There was mention of a meaningless degree recently...
Not her circus.
She WAS the emergency service, apparently.
Oh, Rishi Mate.
She's got every book ever - tweet her and she'll have it in a bookcase somewhere.
The oldest thing she's ever seen is wedged in the back of the Smeg freezer compartment.
She doesn't leave the house
Have you seen the shite she eats and the haircut done by an angry gnome with a set of hedgecutters?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Time to add 'mesmerised by dinner plates' to the diagnostic criteria. Can't say it's ever happened to me but if someone dished that hideous slop up to me I'd have to desperately scramble to find something to compliment.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
There was that ch4 documentary (👋 LJC) about that bloke who majorly took the piss with tax as a limited company director, and they went IN on him and his wife cos of “unexplained wealth”. Iirc it ended with his going to prison party? Can only assume that whichever employees/departments that tallied up the value of their cars, home, and LV luggage would also be keeping an eye on £2.5k of jewellery popping up on talking head segments?

This is actually so bad I feel sorry for her, let’s hope Mark Lewis has the lights ON for this one? (or OFF his problem was too much chaotic energy?)
Yup unexplained wealth orders are the ultimate if you have a lifestyle unsupported by your declared earnings etc.

Kind of unrelated but on Rishimate’s wife’s non domiciled tax status (which she was entitled to have) did Jack have a pop? I do think it’s very naive she she did not realise her husbands political career could mean she should have her tax affairs entirely onshore. Further point is how did the press find out as I thought tax filings were confidential.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I'm still not over the fact that she actually admitted to not paying her taxes. I mean, I know she deleted it within half an hour, but even so that was a level of honesty I didn't think she was capable of.

If she does get hit with several thousand in fines (or worse), I think the grifting will hit hitherto unseen levels. And the idiot squigs will still probably reach into their pockets.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 77
I'm still not over the fact that she actually admitted to not paying her taxes. I mean, I know she deleted it within half an hour, but even so that was a level of honesty I didn't think she was capable of.

If she does get hit with several thousand in fines (or worse), I think the grifting will hit hitherto unseen levels. And the idiot squigs will still probably reach into their pockets.
OMG! THE EVIL TORIES ARE TRYING TO BANKRUPT JACK TO SABOTAGE THE VIMES BOOTS INDEX. I WILL SELL EVERYTHING I HAVE AND GO AND LIVE IN A BOX TO SAVE JACK.

• Haha
Reactions: 62

But will other people paying her make her situation worse? If they investigate her, they will class this as earnings, meaning she will owe even more

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Finally found something I do believe Jack suffers from!

The Barnum effect, also called the Forer effect or, less commonly, the Barnum–Forer effect, is a common psychological phenomenon whereby individuals give high accuracy ratings to descriptions of their personality that supposedly are tailored specifically to them, yet which are in fact vague and general enough to apply to a wide range of people.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
But will other people paying her make her situation worse? If they investigate her, they will class this as earnings, meaning she will owe even more
+ even worse for her is that she’s actually earning *more* now post-Nigella. So if they look at her current subscriber count it’s at least double what it was for the majority of 2021. Obvs that would come out in the proper investigation into her bank accounts but yikes at what a truly scary mess this is.

Imagine accidentally having to do time for Roberts radios and a Groucho membership 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Will someone add the receipts to show she’s admitted to not being a tax-payer to our Wiki page?

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.