Jack Monroe #282 Cumin: 2p, onions: 8p, fingernail dirt: priceless

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to see JCC because a friend liked him and I'm a bit of a rebellious punk at heart. I thought he was a massive prick, an arrogant little gobshite who made fat jokes and constantly went on about being ultra skinny with bits of sexism and misogyny thrown in.

Thank god we got one of the tickets as a carer tcket so didn't waste too much money.
I went to see him years and years ago and he made a racist comment during one of his ad libs (can't remember what it was exactly, but something to do with 'Asian ladies'). It went down like a lead balloon in the audience, everyone went very quiet, side-eying each other and there was some booing, it was all very awkward and spoiled the whole night. So I've never really understood the love for him, because those who are into his poetry must know about this undercurrent of nastiness in him (I was dragged along to the gig by a pal so wasn't really aware of his work).

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
The video for teenage dirtbag was parts of the film " loser" with Jason Biggs and Mena survari, an equally terrible movie.

Also was that the big revenge of spite. 2 mins making something she made before and equally as terrible. Cool.

Her revenge is lukewarm isn't it?

Reactions: 19
Jack’s favourite paper dissing her favourite (only) supermarket for creating the poors. However will our smol pixie feel? Oh the conflict and drama….

I was in a branch of Sainsbury’s yesterday afternoon and there were no checkout staff at all. There were a couple of very harassed staff directing customers through the self service tills. Apparently, they’re cutting hours and they’ve f****d up massively in doing so. Asda may be tight fisted t**ts but I suspect that others are following and letting Asda be the stooge.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I like that song reminds me of dancing in sweaty rock pub when I was a kid. Well, 17 or so ha. I thought it was he drives and I rock too. I don’t think it’s incel-y at all! They get together at the end of the song because they both like Iron Maiden 😂 The film is rubbish tho. Whatever happened to Jason Biggs??

ETA I await with anticipation Jack fixing Asda pay grades like she did their smart price range. So, not at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Jack never fact checks, the squigs never fact check, it's like an ever decreasing circle of fact-free information.

Screenshot 2022-04-09 at 08.45.10.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 72
Wheatus are about as edgy as a balloon. Their music is shite, as is KT Tunstall, and Celine Dion, well…
Teenage Dirtbag is one of those bratty sounding American songs I’d put on a par with Blink 182. Just all so lame.
off topic:
those who are not in favour of JCC, in particular the use of the phrase Nancy Boy (which I think someone bleeped out yesterday; any thoughts on the Moloko track of the same name?

I don’t know/don’t recall the context JCC used it in as a comparison to the song, but agree it’s an outdated phrase. Perhaps someone can educate me if there’s a stark difference between the uses.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
The supermarket pay thing has been going on for over a decade, and Jack’s career only started then so don’t let her do another surestart “I invented equal pay when I worked on the cheese counter” bollox.

Wheatus are about as edgy as a balloon. Their music is shite, as is KT Tunstall, and Celine Dion, well…
Teenage Dirtbag is one of those bratty sounding American songs I’d put on a par with Blink 182. Just all so lame.
off topic:
those who are not in favour of JCC, in particular the use of the phrase Nancy Boy (which I think someone bleeped out yesterday; any thoughts on the Moloko track of the same name?

I don’t know/don’t recall the context JCC used it in as a comparison to the song, but agree it’s an outdated phrase. Perhaps someone can educate me if there’s a stark difference between the uses.
Stark difference is N****B** was directed at Brian as an insult and he is reclaiming it. Like when gay people took the “queer” insult back.
JCC isn’t gay or trans afaik

• Heart
Reactions: 43
off topic:

I went off Gill Scott Heron for the same reason. Different terminology but same piss poor attitude

Reactions: 13
I like that song reminds me of dancing in sweaty rock pub when I was a kid. Well, 17 or so ha. I thought it was he drives and I rock too. I don’t think it’s incel-y at all! They get together at the end of the song because they both like Iron Maiden 😂 The film is rubbish tho. Whatever happened to Jason Biggs??

ETA I await with anticipation Jack fixing Asda pay grades like she did their smart price range. So, not at all.
I was thinking the very same about a month or so ago and then he popped up in a couple of episodes of Law and Order SVU as a hate crimes detective (I watch SVU because I find Olivia Benson very soothing-however horrible the crime, all is just better in the world if Liv is about)

Back on topic, Jack is a nob

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Never mind Poca being cross, Jack will have a conniption when she realises all we are doing is sharing Harold memes!
Jack will be delighted because we are not drawing attention to her DISASTEROUS appearance on 'Lorraine' and just how tit she is on TV.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Morning ninnies. Some #SaturdayStats because I clearly have nothing better to do with my weekend:

It's been 19 hours since Jack told Twitter she was cooking the previous evening's GORGEOUS dinner again in order to photograph and share it.

It's been exactly 11 weeks since she announced the Vainglorious Blimp Index and said it was going to take her "the weekend" to pull together.

It's been almost 3 months since she told her followers she was going to softly, gently, restfully aim to post three new recipes a week (and pinky promised to post the broccoli breakfast pasta recipe later that day). A grand total of zero recipes has been posted.

It's been 3 months and 2 weeks since she claimed a crack team of a dozen tech experts were working round the clock to fix her WordPress site, which is still stuck on a backup from 2018 (she's tapped her followers for repair donations TWICE since then).

It's been exactly 4 months and 1 week since she said she was putting the framed prints of her completely unedited tree photo up for sale "this evening". There is still no trace of said prints in her online shop.

It's been 1 year and 5 weeks since she posted "Good morning from me and my book deadline!" on Twitter. She is still, somehow, editing this same book.

It's been over 1 year and 4 months since she posted an update for her Patreon subscribers (not even a brief "thank you" message after the influx of hundreds of new mugs in February).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 134
off topic:

Do you mean Placebo dear heart? The singer is Brian Molko?
My take would be that Placebo's track is written/sung by and from the point of view of a bisexual man who enjoyed wearing makeup and was perceived as the Nancy Boy of the title.
John Cooper Clarke - not so much.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
So much to catch up on - it’s taking me ages as I’m alternately cackling at the Harold plot twist and being downright terrified of him (I think it’s the teeth).

But I did just want to check that the current 2 minute slot on NotLorraine SuperShitSavers is truly the long-awaited gig of a life time that has her exhausted?
Really? And I thought my career had stalled…

(mind you my woes are more to do with public sector freezes and less to do with being unimprovably shite at my job…)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
The supermarket pay thing has been going on for over a decade, and Jack’s career only started then so don’t let her do another surestart “I invented equal pay when I worked on the cheese counter” bollox.

Stark difference is N****B** was directed at Brian as an insult and he is reclaiming it. Like when gay people took the “queer” insult back.
JCC isn’t gay or trans afaik
Makes perfect sense, thanks for explaining.

My take would be that Placebo's track is written/sung by and from the point of view of a bisexual man who enjoyed wearing makeup and was perceived as the Nancy Boy of the title.
Yes I do mean Placebo, thank you very much. And dear Totes has also explained.
Thanks cabal for educating me.

• Heart
The supermarket pay thing has been going on for over a decade, and Jack’s ’career‘ only started then so don’t let her do another surestart “I invented equal pay when I worked on the cheese counter” bollox.
Sorry Hotes but I felt ‘career’ needed the inverted commas.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
And this naughty ad placement from our war criminal/master social media ad manipulator

2CFCA8EE-AB94-4735-A6EB-9AE3FC9E5EF5.jpg

can’t you just picture Ballet Jack 🩰, tiptoes aflame, dancing in the title role (natch) of the semi true story of Jack by Jack Monroe.

Something nice to do with your children during this 2 week end of term holiday 😒, don’t you think?

• Haha
Morning ninnies. Some #SaturdayStats because I clearly have nothing better to do with my weekend:

It's been 19 hours since Jack told Twitter she was cooking the previous evening's GORGEOUS dinner again in order to photograph and share it.

It's been exactly 11 weeks since she announced the Vainglorious Blimp Index and said it was going to take her "the weekend" to pull together.

It's been almost 3 months since she told her followers she was going to softly, gently, restfully aim to post three new recipes a week (and pinky promised to post the broccoli breakfast pasta recipe later that day). A grand total of zero recipes has been posted.

It's been 3 months and 2 weeks since she claimed a crack team of a dozen tech experts were working round the clock to fix her WordPress site, which is still stuck on a backup from 2018 (she's tapped her followers for repair donations TWICE since then).

It's been exactly 4 months and 1 week since she said she was putting the framed prints of her completely unedited tree photo up for sale "this evening". There is still no trace of said prints in her online shop.

It's been 1 year and 5 weeks since she posted "Good morning from me and my book deadline!" on Twitter. She is still, somehow, editing this same book.

It's been over 1 year and 4 months since she posted an update for her Patreon subscribers (not even a brief "thank you" message after the influx of hundreds of new mugs in February).

I l❤ facts

JCC is very much of his time. like opal fruits and does anyone remember... Neither him or his material have aged well.

I know Jack is claiming to be a big fan. but apart from on Beasley Street' it is doubtful if Jack is familiar with his work.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.