Jack Monroe #282 Cumin: 2p, onions: 8p, fingernail dirt: priceless

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As an academia herr, I’m already imagining an access course in “Transition to Multiple Platform Grifting”, followed by the inevitable joint-degree in “False Advertising and Anachronism History”. There would of course be PG options in “Advanced Gaslighting” and “Hedge Fund Lesbian Fishing”.
I love spotting a Herr in the wild.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Morning ninnies. Some #SaturdayStats because I clearly have nothing better to do with my weekend:

It's been 19 hours since Jack told Twitter she was cooking the previous evening's GORGEOUS dinner again in order to photograph and share it.

It's been exactly 11 weeks since she announced the Vainglorious Blimp Index and said it was going to take her "the weekend" to pull together.

It's been almost 3 months since she told her followers she was going to softly, gently, restfully aim to post three new recipes a week (and pinky promised to post the broccoli breakfast pasta recipe later that day). A grand total of zero recipes has been posted.

It's been 3 months and 2 weeks since she claimed a crack team of a dozen tech experts were working round the clock to fix her WordPress site, which is still stuck on a backup from 2018 (she's tapped her followers for repair donations TWICE since then).

It's been exactly 4 months and 1 week since she said she was putting the framed prints of her completely unedited tree photo up for sale "this evening". There is still no trace of said prints in her online shop.

It's been 1 year and 5 weeks since she posted "Good morning from me and my book deadline!" on Twitter. She is still, somehow, editing this same book.

It's been over 1 year and 4 months since she posted an update for her Patreon subscribers (not even a brief "thank you" message after the influx of hundreds of new mugs in February).

That 'weekend to pull together' the Index always cracks me up. The arrogance. Mocking the existing one for including a leg of lamb and champagne with no concept in her head of the amount of work that must go into compiling it.
Now if she ever mentions it (and I don't believe for one second she has even started it), there are just plaintive self pitying moans about 'it's a lot of work and I'm on my own'.
It will never see the light of day. No loss as it is bound to be quite pointless, but yet again an example of her promising things, getting praise (and in this case a lot of patreons who misguidedly thought they were funding this vital 'work' - thanks Nigella) and then dropping it and hoping it will never be mentioned again.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Morning ninnies. Some #SaturdayStats because I clearly have nothing better to do with my weekend:

It's been 19 hours since Jack told Twitter she was cooking the previous evening's GORGEOUS dinner again in order to photograph and share it.

It's been exactly 11 weeks since she announced the Vainglorious Blimp Index and said it was going to take her "the weekend" to pull together.

It's been almost 3 months since she told her followers she was going to softly, gently, restfully aim to post three new recipes a week (and pinky promised to post the broccoli breakfast pasta recipe later that day). A grand total of zero recipes has been posted.

It's been 3 months and 2 weeks since she claimed a crack team of a dozen tech experts were working round the clock to fix her WordPress site, which is still stuck on a backup from 2018 (she's tapped her followers for repair donations TWICE since then).

It's been exactly 4 months and 1 week since she said she was putting the framed prints of her completely unedited tree photo up for sale "this evening". There is still no trace of said prints in her online shop.

It's been 1 year and 5 weeks since she posted "Good morning from me and my book deadline!" on Twitter. She is still, somehow, editing this same book.

It's been over 1 year and 4 months since she posted an update for her Patreon subscribers (not even a brief "thank you" message after the influx of hundreds of new mugs in February).

18 months and 1 day since the secret ingredient for my profile pic was ‘coming soon’

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
The fact that squiggs believe they don’t need to fact check her is bleeping scary. No one, no matter how much you like them should be above scrutiny or fact checking.
and That leads to people believing she has already completed it mate the Victorian ballsac index.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I have always been into the rock scene, most of the people I went to college with loved the pants of the frontman from HIM. I didn't share their enthusiasm. I thought it songs were ok but boring, just my opinion. Also Bye Harold it was nice knowing you.
He LEFT!! Well rather, Poca threw him out.

That 'weekend to pull together' the Index always cracks me up. The arrogance. Mocking the existing one for including a leg of lamb and champagne with no concept in her head of the amount of work that must go into compiling it.
Now if she ever mentions it (and I don't believe for one second she has even started it), there are just plaintive self pitying moans about 'it's a lot of work and I'm on my own'.
It will never see the light of day. No loss as it is bound to be quite pointless, but yet again an example of her promising things, getting praise (and in this case a lot of patreons who misguidedly thought they were funding this vital 'work' - thanks Nigella) and then dropping it and hoping it will never be mentioned again.
It'll never see the light of day but People still think it already exists 😂. Even Jack herself was brazen enough to imply that it exists the other day, using tricky wording. She's happy to continue taking money off people for work she hasn't done, allowing them to be of the impression that she has. Absolute manipulative fraud.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
I remember at the time myself and many others on here saying it would take years to do an accurate representation of the index because A, it would be so large and B, the margins would be so vast. Yet there she was bragging away saying it was "all but a moment"

That's one of the reasons why I don't believe any of her " research" a quick Google can provide you with stats.

Reactions: 33
Yes I often feel like this too. I wonder if she’d have been more satisfied with a goat leg being on the index.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

it’s so depressing that squigs thing Jack doesn’t need to be fact checked and just trusted implicitly, when her advice / recipes are actively dangerous . “ cook” fish with tinned fruit, “ dehydrate” mushrooms on your radiator , take old overcooked meat and simmer it at a potentially unsafe temperature for a day or two before eating etc. it’s only luck that none of her followers have been stupid enough to try them and end up seriously ill.

that said ,I have decided to take inspiration from Jack and Squigs for my lunch today . I’m going to whip up a nice batch of her 1 pan pasta . Sadly I don’t have all the ingredients so I’ve made a few subs- instead of Polish sausage, I’ve got czekoladowy guzik. Turkish chickpeas have been replaced with çikolata düğmesi , Italian pasta with bottone di cioccolato, scattering of Cheddar with chocolate buttons etc . I might will share with my Smol Ducklings and they shall declare it the best lunch ever !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Yeah, Molko is calling himself a Nancy Boy, effectively. I'd still expect radio to censor it if they played it though. Although they are quite inconsistent about that sort of thing, so who knows. See the yearly reeeing about Fairytale of New York.
Another awful overrated dirge

Reactions: 12
From what I've heard the ONS' work is considered to be of a very high standard and well respected. The fact that Jack thinks she can do better, over a weekend no less, is just ignorant and delusional.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Blimey, I didn't realise how bad the 2018 website rollback looked! The title! :ROFLMAO:

BS.JPG

Also, 9p/10p recipes? All of these must be out of date. This is as close to an actual job that you can actually do and it's rubbish! This is what people think they're paying you for. I ran an online jewellery business as a sideline for a while. The website stuff is a bore and eats up time but it's not difficult and DOES NOT take a team of 12 "engineers". Literally full of tit.

effort 2.JPG

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Just came to say:

12 x hats @£100 = £1200
Average UK earning = £611 per week
Average spending money after bills in Uk = £148

The average couple would take 4 months to acquire that many hats.
A single person 8.1 months

What about single parents?

This level of hat ownership is completely untenable to most normal people.

Maths!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Blimey, I didn't realise how bad the 2018 website rollback looked! The title! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 1181759

Also, 9p/10p recipes? All of these must be out of date. This is as close to an actual job that you can actually do and it's rubbish! This is what people think they're paying you for. I ran an online jewellery business as a sideline for a while. The website stuff is a bore and eats up time but it's not difficult and DOES NOT take a team of 12 "engineers". Literally full of tit.

View attachment 1181764
I love the way two of the categories are 'tip jar' and 'donate' 🙄
Utterly shameless.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.