Jack Monroe #282 Cumin: 2p, onions: 8p, fingernail dirt: priceless

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just watched it too. I actually liked JCC. His Desert Island Discs was very funny and though I am not a poetry fan I liked the fact he was so peculiar. BUT. That poem and preamble including saying Nancy boy is just dreadful.
Tbf to Jack I was not aware of that poem or his views until I saw that video posted on here. But as had been said she was keen enough to get stuck into JKR. Disappointing.
yep, I actually did an irl hand over mouth when I heard the term n**** b** used in this century

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Everytime I read it on here I get the Placebo song stuck in my head. There's another nostalgia reference for you Jack, remember when you used Kazaa on the family computer to download Placebo's androgynous bangers and crippled it with viruses?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
yep, I actually did an irl hand over mouth when I heard the term n**** b** used in this century
Everytime I read it on here I get the Placebo song stuck in my head. There's another nostalgia reference for you Jack, remember when you used Kazaa on the family computer to download Placebo's androgynous bangers and crippled it with viruses?
that was from 1996 so she would have been 8 but she will probably post about her memories of Kurt cobain shortly

#1978truther

• Haha
Reactions: 36
well, hasn't this been a dramatic day here?

"please Jack. don't leave me, I'll give up gerald, maureen, margaret, all of them for you, my love

I'll buy all the caps you want and go to all the early bird dinners you desire

yes, I'll do a few strokes on the water rower for you..."

Screenshot_20220408-233119_Gallery.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 35
just subjected myself to a YouTube of the john cooper clarke "poem" in question

I was only ever vaguely aware of him as being an ooh-so-edgy "beat poet" whatever the duck that means, who occasionally did dictionary corner with susie d

the intro and the poem are hideous, horrible words, ridiculously offensive. the words vile and disgusting are well overused on the internet, but that poem is it. if I'd been at the city hall the other night, I'd have walked out too (❤ @Yorkiepud )

and for jack to just be all over him and go, "well, I never heard it!" when it's pointed out to her just sums her up. she does not give a tit

off to create a harold meme to cheer myself up
Is very much well it doesn't effect me vibes, so what do you want me to do about it. Exactly what you want from a supposed campaigner.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Poca’s Going to kick our asses when she grunks.
I wonder if Old Harold is from Ipswich, or maybe they just drove there that one Saturday in his big Volvo hatchback car

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I wonder if Old Harold is from Ipswich, or maybe they just drove there that one Saturday in his big Volvo hatchback car
Never mind that. What if the poor Harold photo man does another reverse image google and ends up here?! He would be perplexed

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I’ve just grunked my way through a few days of her tweets, and jeez she is tedious. Dull, lazy, unfunny, ill-informed, most of the time just plain wrong, but despite that utterly convinced she is hilarious and erudite. FFS how does a person get this way? So convinced that they are fabulous, brilliant, the last word in pov cooking - when the evidence is so obviously to the contrary?? It’s baffling. It’s the complete opposite of imposter syndrome. I mean, she actually is the imposter here.

Also, since she is such a Monty Python fan (viz her “hilarious” take on the Four Yorkshiremen sketch), I’d like to draw her attention to the “Invisible Man” sketch. Interviewed on TV, he is convinced he’s invisible because no one ever speaks to or acknowledges him. Whereas it is made clear that he’s just very very dull - within a few seconds of him talking, people just tune out and ignore him. He’s not invisible at all. That, in a nutshell, is Jack’s social media. No matter how desperately she tries to attract engagement (cassettes! spangles! biscuits! how should I do my hair?? look at me look at me are you looking at me?? etc. etc. 😴😴), the blue ticks don’t see her any more.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
The real Harold is in fact Hungarian. I wonder if she tried out her “goulash” recipe on him?? It would explain a bit.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I’ve just grunked my way through a few days of her tweets, and jeez she is tedious. Dull, lazy, unfunny, ill-informed, most of the time just plain wrong, but despite that utterly convinced she is hilarious and erudite. FFS how does a person get this way? So convinced that they are fabulous, brilliant, the last word in pov cooking - when the evidence is so obviously to the contrary?? It’s baffling. It’s the complete opposite of imposter syndrome. I mean, she actually is the imposter here.

Also, since she is such a Monty Python fan (viz her “hilarious” take on the Four Yorkshiremen sketch), I’d like to draw her attention to the “Invisible Man” sketch. Interviewed on TV, he is convinced he’s invisible because no one ever speaks to or acknowledges him. Whereas it is made clear that he’s just very very dull - within a few seconds of him talking, people just tune out and ignore him. He’s not invisible at all. That, in a nutshell, is Jack’s social media. No matter how desperately she tries to attract engagement (cassettes! spangles! biscuits! how should I do my hair?? look at me look at me are you looking at me?? etc. etc. 😴😴), the blue ticks don’t see her any more.
Still loving the Harold’s sorry for this serious interlude.

Ive just watched the Jimmy Saville doc on Netflix, I hadn’t realised there was a new one, so when some fraus mentioned it a couple of threads ago I’d assumed they were talking about stuff I’d already seen. The point of this is that I was drawing comparisons with Jack throughout it. Not saying Jack is a pervert but that she’s a tricky liar who is pretending to do good but just promoting herself, being protected/forwarded by “credible” celebs (I’m looking at you mom) and adored regardless by a bunch of crack pots. I know Jack is small fish in comparison but her MO is almost identical to Savilles, centring herself as a hero, exploiting the vulnerable and deflecting, with arrogance, any scrutiny. It’s madness when you think that having gone through Saville/Hall etc situations that there are so many people who cling on to these folk so blindly. It’s depressing ☹

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Still loving the Harold’s sorry for this serious interlude.

Ive just watched the Jimmy Saville doc on Netflix, I hadn’t realised there was a new one, so when some fraus mentioned it a couple of threads ago I’d assumed they were talking about stuff I’d already seen. The point of this is that I was drawing comparisons with Jack throughout it. Not saying Jack is a pervert but that she’s a tricky liar who is pretending to do good but just promoting herself, being protected/forwarded by “credible” celebs (I’m looking at you mom) and adored regardless by a bunch of crack pots. I know Jack is small fish in comparison but her MO is almost identical to Savilles, centring herself as a hero, exploiting the vulnerable and deflecting, with arrogance, any scrutiny. It’s madness when you think that having gone through Saville/Hall etc situations that there are so many people who cling on to these folk so blindly. It’s depressing ☹
I know exactly what you mean. I think many of us her have dealt with a “dark triad” personality or had dealings with out-of-control personality disordered types. Many people have PDs and manage them very well, let’s not forget.
Savile groomed organisations, institutions, Britain. Offenders like him don’t just groom their physical victim, we have to do better at recognising these behaviours in the wild and calling them out. The MO of manipulation, gaslighting, grandiosity etc is clear in Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.