Jack Monroe #282 Cumin: 2p, onions: 8p, fingernail dirt: priceless

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Never mind Poca being cross, Jack will have a conniption when she realises all we are doing is sharing Harold memes!

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I read conniption as constipation. Will Jack do a dirty protest by constipation as opposed to the usual slop induced slurry fest?
I see Jack's career as one long dirty protest and call upon her parents to give her a house to put an end to it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Think I've found a lost squig on a (different cook's) youtube video for an orzo salad
Screenshot_20220409-032625_YouTube.jpg

"Don't let not having a particular ingredient stop you"

Don't let having none of the most important ingredients stop you!

Substitute the greens for cooked bread, the chickpeas/garbanzo beans for baked beans and the feta cheese for grated cheddar. Make beans on toast.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 82
Hilariously, Wheatus have replied. I don‘t know if I’m sad or relieved that Celine Dion hasn’t been dragged into all this… yet.

707646C7-3B11-4D12-95E1-88C3FAACDDA1.jpeg

ETA. Blimey

F381D2E0-9706-433C-907B-21C2371A0EE7.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Not to cause any disruption but the poem existed before you and others went to see him.
I don’t agree with what he says in it, and I applaud your stance, but I’m surprised people choose to go see JCC and are still shocked by this.
Back on topic, Jack would NEVER have said something. Not a chance. It probably was one which he read at the gig and she was probably too absorbed in herself to hear it!
I went to see JCC because a friend liked him and I'm a bit of a rebellious punk at heart. I thought he was a massive prick, an arrogant little gobshite who made fat jokes and constantly went on about being ultra skinny with bits of sexism and misogyny thrown in.

Thank god we got one of the tickets as a carer tcket so didn't waste too much money.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Poca’s Going to kick our asses when she grunks.
I wonder if Old Harold is from Ipswich, or maybe they just drove there that one Saturday in his big Volvo hatchback car
It’s time to open my can of whoopass!

We’ve all had our fun with Harold as the new Mrs J, and I’m not looking to be a killjoy, but it’s prob best to dial down on him to keep the thread working well for everyone. Cos I’m sure there’s some who’ve had enough of his sad, sad eyes and brave, pained smile.

I guess put multiple Harold memes behind a spoiler and only wheel him out when a direct joke can made to Jack and not just cos it’s Harold. (There’s always the option to make a Harold appreciation thread for those truly attached 😂)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
Think I've found a lost squig on a (different cook's) youtube video for an orzo salad
View attachment 1181185

Substitute the greens for cooked bread, the chickpeas/garbanzo beans for baked beans and the feta cheese for grated cheddar. Make beans on toast.
This squig moonlights picking substitutes for peoples’ online supermarket shopping

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Hilariously, Wheatus have replied. I don‘t know if I’m sad or relieved that Celine Dion hasn’t been dragged into all this… yet.

View attachment 1181200

ETA. Blimey

View attachment 1181207
Never misquote song lyrics on Twitter, they’ll always call you out, so it wasn’t even Whetus she remembered 🤣

View attachment 1181185

My sister does this in every restaurant, “can I have the steak please but instead have tuna and instead of chips can I have salad and instead of onion rings bread???”
“ Tuna sandwich then???”
“Yes because I don’t eat meat” - so annoying

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

View attachment 1181200

ETA. Blimey

View attachment 1181207
They didn't actually clarify the lyrics, which is quite hilarious. According to letssingit.com it's "he drives an I-Roc", which is a type of big American pickup truck.

Teenage Dirtbag was also the first single I ever brought. It's not aged well and is a bit incel-y.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Forgive me for sneering but Wheatus are not bleeping emo, Jack, they are pop rock*. You were far too bland for emo/screamo/hardcore (although I will admit, self-obsessed and dramatic enough, hence your foray into emo-lite My Chemical Romance). duck off back hand-transcribing to your Celine Dion cassettes.

*not that, for nostalgia purposes, they don’t now feature on my cooking playlists, but as a teen with emo credentials to uphold I wouldn’t have been caught dead admitting that I liked them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Forgive me for sneering but Wheatus are not bleeping emo, Jack, they are pop rock*. You were far too bland for emo/screamo/hardcore (although I will admit, self-obsessed and dramatic enough, hence your foray into emo-lite My Chemical Romance). duck off back hand-transcribing to your Celine Dion cassettes.

*not that, for nostalgia purposes, they don’t now feature on my cooking playlists, but as a teen with emo credentials to uphold I wouldn’t have been caught dead admitting that I liked them.
As I've said before, the only arguably emo band I listened to at the time is Placebo (and people might argue that genre, although i think Without You I'm Nothing and Sleeping With Ghosts are emo enough to count). I did also like The Rasmus. I now love Bright Eyes, who have one or two albums¹ which are emo, but I dont think I really heard much of them at the time². There was also Paramore, which was more emo-pop at most, especially the album Riot!

I could go on about this forever, really, but I SHAN'T.

¹Well, arguably 3, Fevers And Mirrors, Digital Ash In A Digital Urn and The People's Key

²I vaguely remember the video to Easy / Lucky / Free, having seen it recently. And I probably heard We Are Nowhere And It's Now or Landlocked Blues, since they got played a fair bit (and still do, by Chris Hawkins on 6Music)

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The Rasmus are representing Finland at Eurovision this year!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I have always been into the rock scene, most of the people I went to college with loved the pants of the frontman from HIM. I didn't share their enthusiasm. I thought it songs were ok but boring, just my opinion. Also Bye Harold it was nice knowing you.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.