Jack Monroe #280 Poverty pimp

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's really bleeping doubling down on this isn't she?
It's definitely personal and I'm usually happy doxxing everyone, sending in flying monkeys and publicly naming and shaming but with this particular oft repeated trauma inducing campaign / attack, I prefer to remain obtuse and allow them an air of mystery.
And I HAVE got an example, although this one's not a freebie, and it's not properly addressed to me but it IS from an alcohol related seller.
Yes, it does look like general marketing, and it COULD have been via algorithms and I did order from them in the past, hence them having my details now, but still...
If it’s targeted advertising by named individuals on behalf of brands, if after a polite no thanks email they continue to contact Jack , an email to head office or whatever showing that this rogue employee has waged a harassment campaign at Jack , would solve the problem . Unless it’s just coming from a generic no-reply email because it’s just bulk advertising/marketing crap that everyone gets 😂

I have epilepsy. It’s very very unlikely I will ever be seizure free long enough to get my driving license. But I get numerous emails offering me deals on cars/cars insurance, invites to test drive etc etc . I always assumed that it’s just a blanket marketing technique but Jack has made me realise that actually they are trying to hound me to death. Also , I now realise that anyone mentioning their own or their OH’s big cars on any media format I may consume are actually being incredibly offensive to the non driving community.

As Jack has assigned themselves the Keeper of Twitter , I look forward to them organising a focus group for me so I can ask you Mithering ninnies for your stories to pass off as my own share my years of granular research and notes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
LADS I'm off to Edinburgh and powerfully tempted to go to Dishoom 😭 We don't have them where I'm from and thanks to Jack I know there's at least one there - I have been INFLUENCED

• Haha
Reactions: 44
LADS I'm off to Edinburgh and powerfully tempted to go to Dishoom 😭 We don't have them where I'm from and thanks to Jack I know there's at least one there - I have been INFLUENCED
I wanted to go when I was last in Edinburgh because I live in a Dishoom desert, too. Ended up at David Banns in the end, sadly Jack could never eat there because it's an independent restaurant with an entirely vegetarian menu. It's also nice and doesn't serve slop.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
If . Big IF Jack has a lovely OH, it’s still early days. Where’s the warm, snuggly, giggly vibes that just envelope any one in the first throes of a new love affair ? Who has time to think about anything other than the basics that keep you alive like going to work. You don’t because of being so loved up and hopping into bed as soon as possible. There isn’t the time or energy to do anything else than enjoy those first few months. I am speaking from distant memory but it was amazing 😉
I don’t get any of those kind of vibes. So either she’s lying or...she’s got a swinging brick where her heart should be.
I’ve just realised. Arsing about on the internet IS her job. Still think she’s a very odd bod though.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
a bit like one of those old boys who are always in the pub propping up the bar and talking about who’s died/gone to prison.
Pubs with those sort of guys are nearly always worth it 😂

Does remind me that when I first started going out (in 2003/4 😮) those sort of old boys were moaning about how they would stop going out if beer went about £2 a pint. The handful who are still alive still go out, of course, even though beer is now nearer £5 a pint.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Either
a) she's too stupid to realise these are emails sent from databases made to read as tailored as possible (eg the old recipe might be in a crm somewhere and added in as a detail)
Or

b) she's so self centered she thinks she is being specially chosen by these companies and deserves them to know everything about her. I've just googled her in incognito mode and there's nothing about her being in recovery on the first page and they wouldn't go further than that

Reactions: 41
Thank God I'm not alone in being Jackfluenced this evening.

If you are looking for interesting Indian restaurants in Edinburgh, Kahani on Antigua St and Educated Flea on Broughton St are both v tasty x

Reactions: 22
I wanted to go when I was last in Edinburgh because I live in a Dishoom desert, too. Ended up at David Banns in the end, sadly Jack could never eat there because it's an independent restaurant with an entirely vegetarian menu. It's also nice and doesn't serve slop.
Duly added to the Maps list!

Thank God I'm not alone in being Jackfluenced this evening.

If you are looking for interesting Indian restaurants in Edinburgh, Kahani on Antigua St and Educated Flea on Broughton St are both v tasty x
I absolutely am - thank you so much, very kind!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Either
a) she's too stupid to realise these are emails sent from databases made to read as tailored as possible (eg the old recipe might be in a crm somewhere and added in as a detail)
Or

b) she's so self centered she thinks she is being specially chosen by these companies and deserves them to know everything about her. I've just googled her in incognito mode and there's nothing about her being in recovery on the first page and they wouldn't go further than that
Both.

Could the different chips be one for AA and one for NA (but she'll never publicly mention NA)?

• Wow
Reactions: 33
Here's an interview she did about it. Conveniently SB doesn't remember the incident at all. Oh and the school just told her it was her fault for plastering her private life over the papers. Totally plausible.

“That’s my business” said the person who literally never shuts up on social media. If it’s your business then shut up about it. Ffs. I’m not advocating shame, just don’t say it’s no one else’s business and then make it everyone’s bleeping business.
P.S. Proud gay woman saying this.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Basic research - are you listening Jack. Basic research.

Plus it''s a bleeping mailing list. Just unsubscribe.

And how many of the half million followers are defunct accounts, have Jack on mute' or just haven't got round to unsubscribing.

Jack had literally jusy gone in to her spam foldr and pulled out that email.

It"'s a phishing email you can tell by the English.

Another pitiful attempt at attention seeking or going viral.

Rta No idea how I managed to copy that

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
I am choosing my words carefully here but Jacksie watches TV with OH at their "home" and its Repair Shop and TV dramas?!!!😑😯 Do the other residents know they have a media superstar in their midst?

(Sorry for upsetting any Repair Shop fans, we do watch it and think it is a lovely gentle programme but she is grating my gears).

• Haha
Reactions: 38
She really is such a self satisfied superior acting beeyotch. Firstly Jack, those PRs you are lambasting who send out the mass emails are most probably recent graduates, young, lowest of the low just trying to make their way and pay their rent. It’s nothing personal, it’s a database, so why are you giving them heart attacks by threatening to put them on blast on Twitter? They don’t care who you are or whether or not you drink so what makes you think you’re so special?
Secondly Jack, if you are so triggered by the sight of booze in someone’s house or on TV, then you’re not a sober alcoholic. You’re a dry drunk. Go talk to your bloomin sponsor. Not Twitter.
Jack strikes me as the type who’d cycle thru sponsors on a weekly basis, whenever they stop blowing smoke up her arse and actually ask her a hard question. Can you imagine trying to get Jack to do a step 4? JLC.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.