Jack Monroe #280 Poverty pimp

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I missed the Iqbal thing …. What happened if you don’t mind me asking ? Sorry these threads move so fast ! And I’m on them a lot
Well, it may be a case of mistaken identity, but there's a commenter who occasionally pops up on local press articles about Jack to say that one of her previous landlords, Iqbal, had the flat he rented to her trashed, never got the rent paid and when he finally got possession back, found bags of poo all over the place. But the commenter refers to Jack as 'he' more often than 'she'.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I missed the Iqbal thing …. What happened if you don’t mind me asking ? Sorry these threads move so fast ! And I’m on them a lot
It's quite likely a case of mistaken identity but when Jack is mentioned in the Southend Echo someone in the comments keeps going on about a former landlord of hers named Iqbal who had trouble with her specifically non payment of rent, damage to the property and a habit of shitting in bags.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
What's that scraping noise? Jacksie reaching the bottom of the conversation barrel with 'Yep done mate'. Naming clouds. Urgh.
Put. your. Phone. Down.
Never in the history of Tattle have we so needed an eyeroll emoji so I'll drag this out for its weekly airing instead...
20210530_232420.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 29
She's really bleeping doubling down on this isn't she?
It's definitely personal and I'm usually happy doxxing everyone, sending in flying monkeys and publicly naming and shaming but with this particular oft repeated trauma inducing campaign / attack, I prefer to remain obtuse and allow them an air of mystery.
And I HAVE got an example, although this one's not a freebie, and it's not properly addressed to me but it IS from an alcohol related seller.
Yes, it does look like general marketing, and it COULD have been via algorithms and I did order from them in the past, hence them having my details now, but still...

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I'm stuck with my 3 for the AMA.
Definitely the brother and SB's stepmum but torn for my third.
I really want the landlady but want Matts wife too. Decisions...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Carrier bags full of tit/Iqbal from Sainsbury’s will never not be funny.

I actually do a wheezy laugh out loud whenever it is mentioned - a bit like one of those old boys who are always in the pub propping up the bar and talking about who’s died/gone to prison.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
BULLSHIT!

This is utter horseshit. Here are the incredible things we're being asked to believe.

1. Booze companies are falling over themselves to be associated with a poverty grifter rather than an aspirational figure.
2. They know who Jack is and make reference to her blogs and recipes but address her as Mr even though they want her to do something for them.
3. Upon being informed she is an alcoholic, they say "so?" and try to get her to take the gig because the alcohol industry is desperate to be associated with it's casualties. That would be like asking someone with lung cancer to promote fags. Never going to happen.
She argues like our mutually similarly aged child. I can see the cogs turning before the next fantastical reason / excuse pops out of their mouth.
another one who will fight their point to the death but my one is actually a child

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

time to get the conversation starter pack out, Jack. Engage with your son and step away from your phone.
Jack could never get a coin for abstaining from the internet.
I sometimes wonder if she has him overnight, she doesn’t seem to take him anywhere, do you think it’s a daytime only thing due to possible relapse and inappropriate food?

Reactions: 16
Don't fret, pet. I'm sure when you're famous enough for these companies to have heard of you they'll leave you alone...if you ask nicely.(y)

Tomorrow's Saver Squad slot must be pre-recorded so none of the sobriety, AA, being bombarded and triggered by alcohol all day long posts can be an excuse for that? Victim staus engaged. ✅ 🆗

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Fraus, I fear I've been Jackfluenced.

Found a bag of polenta in the cupboard earlier that I think I bought to make some gluten free cake or some such. Had this niggling feeling that I'd seen a recipe for polenta somewhere and decided to give it a go; did a Google (squigs, take note) and followed a Diana Henry recipe. Just finished eating and it was... fine, but I've realised to my horror that it was a Jack recipe I was thinking of that she did during lockdown.

SOS send solid foodos.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.