Jack Monroe #280 Poverty pimp

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is there ALWAYS a dodgy old apple or a withered leek or stale bread or something that needs binning?

Reactions: 63
Reading your post has made me feel even more sad for him. That’s far too much to have experienced at his (or any age). Of course if he ever tries to talk to her in the future about it, she will deny it happened, or that he remembered it wrongly. That’s what my mother did/does.

Reactions: 63
I quite like porridge, but, it leaves me super hungry after a couple of hours. Never got the slow release spiel.

Reactions: 48
Yeah shows pics of the porridge slop but not the
Greek extravaganza

Reactions: 31
I love porridge but only made with water (genuine lactose intolerance not grifting for milk for cos play poverty). Add an apple or banana no sugar or honey added (simples). Porridge must not be messed around with. Peanut butter my a***.

Reactions: 26
If you looked at her Twitter now, what would you think her MO was?

In 24 hours she has gone from Greek cooking to banging on about offal, to talking about heraddiction to Lego, to foul porridge to Trainspotting.

If she wants to be taken seriously this isn’t the way to do it.

Reactions: 36
Bacon porridge and “not everything has to be a fight!” That’s perked me right up. Will be alternately chortling and all day.

I’m not going to comment on sobriety but her medical conditions are rolled out on rotation whenever things get a bit hairy. The thing is, Jack, you can criticise someone, whatever the state of their health. Having arthritis, cancer or the most covidy covid ever doesn’t stop you being a walnut whip. They’re not trump cards that let you off from being rude and triggering.

Reactions: 36
I quite like porridge, but, it leaves me super hungry after a couple of hours. Never got the slow release spiel.
Saaaaame, absolutely RAVENOUS about an hour later and could never understand it. I think Nigella (you're still cancelled Nig hun) came out and said the same just a year or so ago, it's the first/only time I've seen that myth publicly busted.

Reactions: 38
yeah it’s quite shocking to see it all laid out. my job involves adolescent mental health and the more i learn the more i realise how important stability is especially for teenagers. They don’t even have fully developed brains until they’re 25! It must be so confusing to have a parent as chaotic and lacking in rational thinking as Jack. I’m so shocked that she’s implied SB checks her twitter and she’s okay with that. i worried that my mum was going to kill herself for years after my dad died as a kid and only through many hours of difficult therapy sessions have i realised the profound impact that had on me and my core beliefs. I really do feel so sorry for him and hope his dad is someone he feels he can rely on. Sorry for the me-rail whenever she posts about sb i get so sad!

Reactions: 72
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.