Jack Monroe #280 Poverty pimp

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can quite imagine this exactly what happens, narcs do this wherever they go. Exact same pattern in the workplace too, bloody nightmare to supervise. You end up having to play mental chess with them constantly. Also a nightmare having one supervise you, though in my experience of this he also had very clear sociopathic traits too. Bloody exhausting

Reactions: 35
Whereas the actual poors (and a lot of people in general) pack a lunch. Only the rich/idiots buy a lunch out everyday.

And lets not forget all the free lunches she gets for turning up.

Reactions: 42
Well now, she is a greedy goblin that can't ever wait till she's sat down to eat. Maybe she gobbles up her egg and cress sandwich before she leaves, and scampers back to buy another one?

Reactions: 39
Whereas the actual poors (and a lot of people in general) pack a lunch. Only the rich/idiots buy a lunch out everyday.

And lets not forget all the free lunches she gets for turning up.
Her whole life is one long free lunch.

Reactions: 50
Tesco express is not cheap.

She wouldn’t know though because compared to F&M and Waitrose it is.

ETA actually, bollocks to that. Waitrose essentials is cheaper than Tesco express.

Out of all the fantastic wee independent restaurants she could boost, of course she has to say a supermarket.

Reactions: 44
Her whole life is one long free lunch.
I agree and I have to say I am pretty shocked that the grift has gone on this long, I'd have thought she'd be found out like now, like Captain Tom's grifting daughter or Camila Batmangriftedgh. But I think she's smart enough, in that narc way, to cover her tracks, and to stay just below the sightline enough to not be worth a proper expose.

Some previous posters have expressed frustration at why she hasn't been exposed yet and the answer to my mind is that the receipts just aren't there because she deletes so much and so much is hearsay. Plus not being famous enough to warrant the huge amount of time that would be required to pull together and stand up a decent story. Having said that, the Great British Public has always had a good eye for a grifter and the public mood has quietly changed since Covid, people are a lot more savvy about social media grifting and less scared to point it out. There was the Scotsman thing (not clear on what happened here as was grunking at speed, but I think she nearly got called out?) and there may well be more. The next few years will be interesting to say the least.

Reactions: 42
And she has the utter gall to claim she’s a single mother

Reactions: 41
Well now, she is a greedy goblin that can't ever wait till she's sat down to eat. Maybe she gobbles up her egg and cress sandwich before she leaves, and scampers back to buy another one?
Before ordering another two, throwing away one slice of bread and sticking them together, along with some of her special sauce to make a Super Sandwich and @Ing Tesco to try and make it a thing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.