Jack Monroe #28 Mayo’s for dunking, threads are for Grunk(a)ing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve read quickly through the thread and am I right in thinking someone here has gone rogue on twitter or what?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I am confused by all the intriguing about a contributor being nasty and not totally upfront.

However it is quite disconcerting thinking that I might actually have liked this person, interacted with them or been liked by them. Even having people suspicious about me is not a nice thought.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
@heretoreaditall2019, do you mind me asking how you found those accounts? I'm all about nature and artsy Twitter and instantly block anything unsavoury that appears as a result of, for example, a Follower's Like. When I search Jack's name on Twitter, all that comes up (apart from that vile UK TV Babes thing) is praise for her*, particularly for her court victory against Katie Hopkins. You're braver than me to dig beyond that... x

*oh, and apart from Mandy and a couple of others who are here too but have been open about that.

PS And occasionally that guy who was 'Wiggy' on here - remember him? He was received with open arms at first but then he was a bit off, someone called him out, he posted a meme along the lines of 'it was all good fun until the lefty libtards showed up', and then he disappeared.
I reported Wiggy early on, I got a weird vibe.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Suppose this is what you get for actually sleeping and then having to do an hour's worth of work. Grunking is hard going, isn't it?

And I'm still as baffled as when I first wandered in. Confused, even.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
What? You cannot be serious. I don't like her by any means, but am on no crusade at all. If you are accusing me of something I hope you back that up 100% and immediately.
Ive previously found your posts eloquent and hilarious and I’m sorry, but of late you are becoming quite vitriolic - the comparison with your cats a few threads back made my skin crawl. I have a very awkward feeling reading your posts. Maybe its me and i just dont get the rules here - if thats so then please report me. But, I believe your posts reflect a real hatred for jack. I don’t dislike her, she’s a lying c word but I do hope she’ll see the light one day and step away from misleading vulnerables on twitter..

Reactions: 21
I have profusely apologised for that, it was ill-thought out I agree, but that does not make me what you are accusing me off. I'm really quite shocked over your comments.
thing is you didn’t apologise for the behaviour afterwards. Your posts were just deleted and then suddenly you were back and there was no reference to your out of character comments. I have to admit I’ve been a bit wary ever since.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Technology is a great thing...and do we think there’s any connection between the stuff posted on Twitter and DDD?
Nothing gets past us, Lenny. Nothing! (apart from almost everything @heretoreaditall2019 kindly broke down for us all).

Badge back on, music through the headphones. Am 'working' right now, but will always be ready for criminal investigations.

@heretoreaditall2019 You make a great point here and kudos on the digging which is sometimes just too tempting not to do. We may not see the volume of hatred in tweets or comments that we are expecting but even one or two abusive comments is too many. I don’t doubt that she also receives a chunk of it in her DMs every day across twitter and insta and that’s never going to be nice for anyone and she has my sympathy on that.
Well, she could just turn her DMs off - like virtually every other public figure.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I am confused by all the intriguing about a contributor not being totally upfront and nasty.

However it is quite disconcerting thinking that I might actually have liked this person, interacted with them or been liked by them. Even having people suspicious about me is not a nice thought.
I think this is how i feel. I hope people don't think this about me (it isn't me!) but equally who the hell is it? Is it someone who is a large part of the community or someone fleeting?

Reactions: 4
This is a lovely post and really well articulated. Firstly and most importantly though - please look after yourself today & if that means avoiding this crap then do, you deserve a lovely day. It's a shame we don't have a live show to treat you to tonight isn't it...cheesy fat balls per chance?

I also want to say I am sorry to everyone because I know this stuff can be unpleasant to read and I really love being here too, it's been an invaluable source of love and joy especially during lockdown. I really didn't know if it was appropriate to post but it feels as if a lot of people have spotted this person independently because they are just so prolific in tweeting JM. And as someone else has eluded to, I've also seen snippets that have been said by random bystanders (innocently!) on the thread be re-hashed - like clear digital breadcrumbs no?

Yesterday I spent my lunch hour proper digging into it all (I made a google sheet, JM #influenced, not got a printer tho x) listing point after point of commonality and it just became too much to ignore for me. The level of vitriol and actual hate speech contained within these accounts (as well as the constant badgering of JM directly) was actually really disturbing and made me feel... unsafe... knowing that is what lies beneath here. It's honestly like finding out you've got Rose West on the prison library computers contributing do you know what I mean?

I know we're a wide diversity of ppl and we'll all cross the political spectrum from vote leave/remain or tory/labour/lib dem but that's not what I'm talking about, like legit hate speech and chatting to bleeping NICK GRIFFIN and saying the vilest of vile things about starving school children, like stinky stinky opinions made me think I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't air it. Sorry to cause grief though x
I’m glad you posted about it, it’s best to know I think. As long as you’re okay too though?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Well, she could just turn her DMs off - like virtually every other public figure.
I expect she does but I also sense that Jack is the type of person who especially late at night will scroll through them anyway to see what is being said even with the expectation that there will be a lot of bile. I hope I am wrong and that she is strong enough not to do that but I think sometimes people can't help but look even though they know it will make them feel bad :(

Reactions: 5
I have profusely apologised for that, it was ill-thought out I agree, but that does not make me what you are accusing me off. I'm really quite shocked over your comments.

To be fair, I don't think you even use Twitter or have an account on there, do you? I am sure I have seen you say that many times on here.

Reactions: 3
But, I believe your posts reflect a real hatred for jack.
You can believe what you like. I don't hate anyone, but I do have a great dislike for her. You do know there is an ignore button where you can use to not read things I post. But to accuse me of what you have done is untrue and I am literally shaking in anger.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Nothing gets past us, Lenny. Nothing! (apart from almost everything @heretoreaditall2019 kindly broke down for us all).

Badge back on, music through the headphones. Am 'working' right now, but will always be ready for criminal investigations.

You can also turn off reply to tweets, i’ve seen some big celebs do it. Maybe it’s just a trial though.

Reactions: 1
I feel quite weird because:

On the one hand, JM certainly HAS received online abuse. She was targeted very early on in her career by Richard Littlejohn in really unpleasant "how does a LESBIAN have a CHILD?!" ways, and this led to her getting a lot of vitriol. That's horrendous, and the comments she gets about her sex, appearance etc are really cruel.

With that in mind, I will say that I find it odd that she fixates on Tattle: we are the subject of her lawsuit threats and tweets far more often than the genuinely nasty homophobes and misogynists out there.

(In fact, this seems to be quite common...woman-dominated forums like Tattle, Mumsnet etc get a lot more criticism than Kiwifarms and the like. Is it because women bear more of the brunt of #BeKind? There's actually a very interesting discussion to be had there)

I think that Jack does like to conflate the Littlejohn-style dicks with the Tattlers, too, as though it's all the same. I dunno, I see a big difference between "is it a man or a woman?" and "why is she grating corned beef?" Play the ball, not the woman.

Reactions: 38
I expect she does but I also sense that Jack is the type of person who especially late at night will scroll through them anyway to see what is being said even with the expectation that there will be a lot of bile. I hope I am wrong and that she is strong enough not to do that but I think sometimes people can't help but look even though they know it will make them feel bad :(
It’s a form of
self harm - I kept a letter a friend wrote about me that I found (long and boring story) and would read it over and over as confirmation/inspiration to feel terrible
I hope my spoiler thing worked!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.