Jack Monroe #28 Mayo’s for dunking, threads are for Grunk(a)ing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congrats to @choccydigestive on the thread title, and to @GrunkaLunka for achieving true infamy x

Edit to say I think I probably "did a chaos" making this thread so my gratitude to @admin for sorting out my JM-inspired ineptitude.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Is the lockdown larder still a thing then? I thought that ended the same time as that mans show?
She last did it on 25th May I think. Certainly not during the whole of June. Laughable that she’d say that she doesn’t want to leave anyone in the lurch when she’s not done it daily since THAT MAN had his show. Which was about ten or twelve weeks ago. :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Phew I’ve caught up at last, today has been a Grunkathon on here. Hope she really does come off Twitter now but nah, she won’t. Doesn’t she have any friends IRL who could take her aside? Those pictures she posts are so awkward. It must be exhausting being her. I hope her son is ok because she’s clearly not.

Reactions: 17
Sorry. I don't normally comment on other people's weight loss, or anything particularly personal about looks and stuff, but this strikes me as *extremely* irresponsible and dangerous talk. I am sure lots and lots of her followers are fairly vulnerable people, with all sorts of mental health issues, including EDs, and this sort of talk strikes me as somewhat fetishistic and dangerous. I'm really cross about it.
Completely agree! It is always a no go to mention numbers, very provocative for people with anorexia 👎🏻 you’d think she’d know this?

Yes, I avoided the subject too as I didn’t want to project my unhealthy mindset about weight and I know struggling to eat doesn’t equal immediately looking skeletal but the figures are obvious lies. I agree, she looks the same to me
I don’t want to seem intrusive but that’s a considerable weight loss and I hope you’re okay x

Oh, Tumblr. That bloody website :ROFLMAO: She’d fit right in!
Ah, thank you, that’s so kind ❤ xxx I have a history of ‘being underweight’ 😉 but this weight loss has been gradual over the last year as I’m trying to be more active. I am still restrictive with food but not as bad as I used to be. Wouldn’t want to go back to the way things were!

She is so Tumblr 🤣

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don't do Twitter so could be looking wrong but it seems like she hasn't done lockdown larder since 26th May. But ya know, she'll be back on Twitter tomorrow doing it as she doesn't want to leave anyone in the lurch :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
By deleting the tweets, is she absolving herself from the commitment to getting off Twitter? Otherwise why else the constant deleting? I’d kill for a “Mrs J Kiss n Tell” full on News of the World type spread to read right about now 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
By deleting the tweets, is she absolving herself from the commitment to getting off Twitter? Otherwise why else the constant deleting? I’d kill for a “Mrs J Kiss n Tell” full on News of the World type spread to read right about now 😆
I reckon that's why she's bringing back lockdown larder so she's got a legitimate reason to get back on Twitter.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
She's flailing. A few days ago she was the best she'd ever looked despite having secret anxiety, now she's lost a dangerous amount of weight? Always so exhausting.

Yes you’d have to have been online in that specific half an hour window. Otherwise she went from Vivienne Westwood eulogising (which, as someone who hates second hand embarrassment has mortified me), to resurrecting lockdown larder which nobody wants anymore.

If you only check in once a while or follow loads of people you’d be confused.

Since rancid evil Hopkins has been in the press today and loads of ‘big’ names have mentioned Jack, some @ing her, I wonder if she was exercising a leeeetle bit of self restraint. All of the tweets I saw were celebratory and anti Hopkins but Jack can start a fight in a paper bag.

regardless, I hope, as always, she sticks to it and feels better.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Oh lord. As stated before i don't gaf about rich fashion designers
But I'm basically dying from inward cringe everytime i read the two VW tweets.

She completely utterly thought she was dead. The fact she told a fun old tale about her and not-dead-Viv seems even worse than the not-dead-viv " would have wanted this "

I hope she deletes them

Her recovery is even worse.

Most people would have bantered it off":

"oh tit sorry Viv"

Second hand embarrassment is real

• Haha
She didn't feature at all on the This Morning hashtag until they eventually posted a clip themselves - so she didn't even register with the viewers as being there.

Where's the 'transphobic' stuff coming from? Quite sensibly, following her historical TWAW backtracking after a pile on, she seems to have stayed well clear of the entire thing.

Maybe the unshaven legs and strange/dodgy poses are building up to a new gender identity presentation? One that contradicts expectations of both? It would certainly make a change for somebody who wasn't born male to make an image based upon hypermasculinity and hyperfemininity at once - like a 'dirty' or 'gritty' version of Tilda's ambiguity in appearance?

She needs to be warned that part of the scene is extremely parochial and very, very harsh - drag kings, for example - when they aren't tearful and timid backstage, are relentlessly slaughtering one another verbally - and the more 'masculine energy' ones, particularly those who also step into the freakshow scene, aren't adverse to a bit of threats of houseburning, violence and cutting, whilst appealing to their considerable devotees to help them. Backstage at a show can be a dangerous place to work (done sound for a few) - the entertainment value of stopping two performers from battering one another whilst another is screaming 'give me my bleeping cock back!' because it's being used as a cosh somewhat loses its shine when you're also in charge of guarding somebody's stage glitter in case somebody puts scouring powder into it.

And their fans - oh, God, some of them are seriously unhinged. Getting a few unpleasant tweets a day when visible on national TV is nothing compared to the sort of thing they can kick off in such a small community - it's international in nature, and when you get to the point of pissed off 'fans' emailing the Dubai authorities to let them know what their heroes' enemy has done previously (with photographs) just because they have work in Dubai and must be making good money, it's no joke.
Stay in the secure, safe little realm of mainstream lesbianism with a bit of blurring the boundaries in photos. That side of life is not safe for somebody like Jack.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Today Marcus Rashford has changed the Government's plans and made sure that free school meals continues through the holidays.

I know Jack deletes tweets but she hasn't mentioned it on twitter. Where is the tweet that says well done to him or great news or anything positive about what has happened today?

As the self appointed voice of the poor surely she must be delighted that families will receive that money and would want to say something?!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Just to add, today's Hellmann's show was about children, the free meals vouchers could have been mentioned.

Surely it was the perfect opportunity to give some ideas for how to provide lunch for £15 for a child for a week?! Even just mentioning how much those nugget/meatballs cost.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
A favourited tweet. Can someone please list all these brilliant things she’s doing to benefit so many people? The other favourited tweets are of the same ilk:
098DE4CC-398B-4C21-9F0A-68D2BBE2A90C.jpeg

I take it it was a paid gig on this morning (to piggyback off of Rashford’s campaign), is she donating the appearance fee? Can’t imagine she’d go on for free (I could be wrong 🤷🏼‍♀️)

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I'm not sure what all of her fans are constantly thanking her for anyway? Other than fodder for here what does she do?!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Loads to catch up on but initial thought is this: Just how many bl**dy times can someone say goodbye Im gone now on Twitter? FFS just GO now. Please!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Marcus Rashford has spent his own cash feeding thousands of kids. That is a wonderful gesture. I live in a town that has its well to do parts and areas of high deprivation. There’s free breakfast clubs and kids who need them get a free meal a day.

The local football club also does free meals and sport activities for kids who need them. Up here every child in p1 to p3 gets a free school meal.

And it’s been magnified by the lockdown. Lots of families are struggling.

Local community groups in my area are feeding people 3 times a week. Giving out emergency food parcels. Sanitary products.

It’s sadly very needed. No matter how much money Marcus Rashford has, paying for kids meals is just a brilliant thing to do.

And yes. Jack should have said well done to him today. Or said nothing. In my opinion

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.