Jack Monroe #28 Mayo’s for dunking, threads are for Grunk(a)ing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think this thread shows the clear divide between those of us who use Twitter, and those of us who have no clue how it works and only engage via screenshots on here!

I mean, sometimes I go on and I click on the tweet and can see loads of answers and sometimes only one and sometimes there’s a line down the screen connecting them and sometimes it’s in a box..... I was relying on you guys to tell me anything juicy! Does this mean I have to actually work Twitter out for myself??

Reactions: 16
Aaah just watched yesterday's LDL.

Shivi is a beautiful human she was so kind to Jack and obviously wanted to encourage her.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think this thread shows the clear divide between those of us who use Twitter, and those of us who have no clue how it works and only engage via screenshots on here!

I mean, sometimes I go on and I click on the tweet and can see loads of answers and sometimes only one and sometimes there’s a line down the screen connecting them and sometimes it’s in a box..... I was relying on you guys to tell me anything juicy! Does this meaN I have to actually work Twitter our for myself??
I've just gone on her Twitter to try and figure out what on earth is happening but instead I've once again fallen in love with her cat 😍

Reactions: 11
I think if anyone has suspects with someone hit report to ask the mods to look into them (no one has yet and reports are always confidential).

Much better to do that otherwise the thread just gets derailed and it plants seeds of suspicion with vague posts that also ruins the thread.

There's always people trying to cause trouble here and it's important members report them.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I think if anyone has suspects with someone hit report to ask the mods to look into them (no one has yet and reports are always confidential).

Much better to do that otherwise the thread just gets derailed and it plants seeds of suspicion with vague posts that also ruins the thread.

There's always people trying to cause trouble here and it's important members report them.
I think it’s complicated as the overt trolls do get reported... I’m sure I did hit report previously (but on a post) but maybe didn’t do it properly.
I also feel like outing speculation like this, while only slightly derailing, speaks to the good of here, rather than it being tarred again with the nasty sad women brush 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Oh I wrote my last post before it started getting murky.. I think most of us have a pretty good idea now of who’s name is in the cluedo envelope... what happens now ? Help
@Yel !!

This is a lovely post and really well articulated. Firstly and most importantly though - please look after yourself today & if that means avoiding this crap then do, you deserve a lovely day. It's a shame we don't have a live show to treat you to tonight isn't it...cheesy fat balls per chance?

I also want to say I am sorry to everyone because I know this stuff can be unpleasant to read and I really love being here too, it's been an invaluable source of love and joy especially during lockdown. I really didn't know if it was appropriate to post but it feels as if a lot of people have spotted this person independently because they are just so prolific in tweeting JM. And as someone else has eluded to, I've also seen snippets that have been said by random bystanders (innocently!) on the thread be re-hashed - like clear digital breadcrumbs no?

Yesterday I spent my lunch hour proper digging into it all (I made a google sheet, JM #influenced, not got a printer tho x) listing point after point of commonality and it just became too much to ignore for me. The level of vitriol and actual hate speech contained within these accounts (as well as the constant badgering of JM directly) was actually really disturbing and made me feel... unsafe... knowing that is what lies beneath here. It's honestly like finding out you've got Rose West on the prison library computers contributing do you know what I mean?

I know we're a wide diversity of ppl and we'll all cross the political spectrum from vote leave/remain or tory/labour/lib dem but that's not what I'm talking about, like legit hate speech and chatting to bleeping NICK GRIFFIN and saying the vilest of vile things about starving school children, like stinky stinky opinions made me think I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't air it. Sorry to cause grief though x
@heretoreaditall2019, do you mind me asking how you found those accounts? I'm all about nature and artsy Twitter and instantly block anything unsavoury that appears as a result of, for example, a Follower's Like. When I search Jack's name on Twitter, all that comes up (apart from that vile UK TV Babes thing) is praise for her*, particularly for her court victory against Katie Hopkins. You're braver than me to dig beyond that... x

*oh, and apart from Mandy and a couple of others who are here too but have been open about that.

PS And occasionally that guy who was 'Wiggy' on here - remember him? He was received with open arms at first but then he was a bit off, someone called him out, he posted a meme along the lines of 'it was all good fun until the lefty libtards showed up', and then he disappeared.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I think it’s complicated as the overt trolls do get reported... I’m sure I did hit report previously (but on a post) but maybe didn’t do it properly.
I also feel like outing speculation like this, while only slightly derailing, speaks to the good of here, rather than it being tarred again with the nasty sad women brush 😂
I agree with this. The reaction to this has demonstrated something good I think. I'm just putting together things from what others are saying, I don't think a report from me would really have validity - I might be entirely wrong in my assumptions.

This is a lovely post and really well articulated. Firstly and most importantly though - please look after yourself today & if that means avoiding this crap then do, you deserve a lovely day. It's a shame we don't have a live show to treat you to tonight isn't it...cheesy fat balls per chance?

I also want to say I am sorry to everyone because I know this stuff can be unpleasant to read and I really love being here too, it's been an invaluable source of love and joy especially during lockdown. I really didn't know if it was appropriate to post but it feels as if a lot of people have spotted this person independently because they are just so prolific in tweeting JM. And as someone else has eluded to, I've also seen snippets that have been said by random bystanders (innocently!) on the thread be re-hashed - like clear digital breadcrumbs no?
Thanks sweetie, I am not sure RL offers me much in the way of respite, so am currently choosing sofa/Tattle over addressing anything else. I may bake some focaccia later, though I am not sure who will eat it!

Also, please don't apologise. For someone who should be much more attuned to the more nefarious ways of people I am still.. ummm... 'charmingly' naive at times. I think I am just made that way, and overall I prefer it, but it does mean I need detectives like you around! x

• Heart
Oh I wrote my last post before it started getting murky.. I think most of us have a pretty good idea now of who’s name is in the cluedo envelope... what happens now ? Help
@Yel !!
I think everyone that has concerns with a poster report one of their posts, I can't see any on the jack threads for the last 24 hours.

It is good to discuss these things as a community, but at the moment it feels a bit like lots are excluded with all the confused GIFs and pm me messages.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I think everyone that has concerns with a poster report one of their posts, I can't see any on the jack threads for the last 24 hours.

It is good to discuss these things as a community, but at the moment it feels a bit like lots are excluded with all the confused GIFs and pm me messages.
That's a very good point re: confusion and PMs (obvs: there's a reason you have a badge!) but I am assuming (I am assuming everything, I have no insider knowledge) that people are reluctant to names names on thread in case they are wrong. Which is right, so I guess, yes, what we need is the receipts for you admins.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
@Yel !!
I have NO idea. I read these threads religiously, and follow Jack on FB and Twitter but have done for a long time, long before I realised that all was not as it seemed!

Reactions: 5
Ergh seriously guys, I thought there wouldn’t be much to catch up on this morning. Don’t you all know how BUSY I am?!
I see Jack hasn’t really left twitter, shocker.
There may be a sneaky twit amongst us? I’m not particularly good at being a PI but I have my guess. I’ve been on forums for a long time, I’ve seen a lot of twatty stuff so it doesn’t surprise me but it’s such a shame a minority have to act like arseholes.

Edit to add - LOVE the thread title!

Reactions: 12
Ok, I think @Bellybutton lint is on a jack hate crusade, but not for the noble reasons of our cabal.. The poster can be extremely eloquent and really funny at times but there have been a few posts that make me uncomfortable. @Bellybutton lint i hope it’s not you but my spidery sense are really tingling right now in a not very nice way. I don’t want to leave this lovely group but I will if I’m wrong. If I’ve now broken rules I’m really really sorry 😐

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I co-sign this. You’ve definitely hit the nail on the head, there. Very well articulated.

edited to say do take a step back if you feel upset by it. I’m trying not to engage, and reassure myself of things i’ve posted and liked etc. I know my morals.

😘
I co-sign it too. I’m not on Twitter so haven’t seen anything first hand but from what has been said here, a line has been crossed and if the person(s) looked back, said line would be a dot they’re that far over.

In my mind I’ve worked it out but maybe I’m wrong 🤷🏻‍♀️. I hope it is sorted soon though. I’ve said it before, there’s been a great balance in this thread I’ve felt and for selfish reasons, I don’t want that to be jeopardised. Maybe if the person does read here they can see they are NOT supported in whatever happened on Twitter and just duck off??

Last edited:
  • Heart
Ok, I think @Bellybutton lint is on a jack hate crusade, but not for the noble reasons of our cabal.. The poster can be extremely eloquent and really funny at times but there have been a few posts that make me uncomfortable. @Bellybutton lint i hope it’s not you but my spidery sense are really tingling right now in a not very nice way. I don’t want to leave this lovely group but I will if I’m wrong. If I’ve now broken rules I’m really really sorry 😐
What? You cannot be serious. I don't like her by any means, but am on no crusade at all. If you are accusing me of something I hope you back that up 100% and immediately.

@heretoreaditall2019, do you mind me asking how you found those accounts? I'm all about nature and artsy Twitter and instantly block anything unsavoury that appears as a result of, for example, a Follower's Like. When I search Jack's name on Twitter, all that comes up (apart from that vile UK TV Babes thing) is praise for her*, particularly for her court victory against Katie Hopkins. You're braver than me to dig beyond that... x

*oh, and apart from Mandy and a couple of others who are here too but have been open about that.
Two parts:

@Yel thank you so much - I've reported your post for a quick chat as I couldn't DM you x

@PennyLoafer - this is my approach to Twitter too, it's actually why I usually have JM blocked because I can't deal with the am drams or rows she gets into. As others have said here, the reason these horrid accounts keep coming is because she engages, she's blue ticked so she should only look into @s from other blue tickers (it's a tab they have on their Twitter pages!) or have a degree of separation from it. I do think she's addicted, which makes sense if she's lonely at home. I know I come here a lot because in lockdown I don't get that feminine contact / natter that fills ur heart!!

Anyway to the point - there were some print screens shared in the thread (by someone completely innocent and not to do with this in my opinion, FYI) where JM was being directly and repeatedly targeted by quite a bizarre user. The tweets just made me think, wait a minute, so I unblocked & had a rummage and that's when I started seeing a lot of commonalities across various points - imagery, references, sentence structure, overlap in what's said. Others have mentioned this on the thread before very briefly regarding off site activity, just in passing, and I suspect this is exactly what they were referencing.

The tweets were really weird. I am incredibly left wing so whilst I don't agree with the views people present to JM, I understand that Twitter is a platform for discussion and she will probably get tweets like 'well we can't afford to pay for FSM / about to go into a recession / rah rah rah'. But these tweets WEREN'T that, they never are, they're just the ramblings of an alt right thicko repeating the same tired hateful tit. As someone else has pointed out, they're even lifting phrases said on Tattle a mere hour or two beforehand, they've not been smart about it. I don't want to get into trouble for saying it but I have print screens of log in/out times between the person's main account and DDD (RIP hun x).

With JM there's plenty to lol at without getting nasty. From the world's weirdest sport bra collection, grating tinned meat, through to the world's richest woman on the living wage like it's harmless gossip and magazine fodder really. We can get indignant when she's basically abusing her ex, and that's okay that's what this site is about - like this is heat magazine trash. When you see someone pally pally with the twitter mein kampf lot and acting sweet as pie and twee on here it's actually quite disturbing to be around.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
59D42A10-82A6-4DB4-BF80-04E31F2A1A33.jpeg

this attitude is so frustrating and patronising. I genuinely believe Jack’s original goal was to highlight the issue of making food go longer etc but there’s now this bizarre shift in thinking where if you’re not attempting wacky recipes etc then you’re not trying hard enough.

Her later stuff has, quite rightly, superceded her older stuff but she’s still the go to name when blue tickers want to talk about low income families but they get her stuff confused and think we should be making our kids fake big macs etc.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.