Jack Monroe #277 It's safest to assume that all Jack's tweets are lies unless proven otherwise.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please can the next thread title involve the word "trotters? I hope someone tags the Veganuary people too

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Is this why she buys so many sideboards? Because she keeps smashing them up to use the wood for her barbecues?

And can I please request that any food posts from her over the next few days are spoilered, because I don't think I can cope with trotter and prune curry.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
the lady Jack is replying to is not wrong. I was induced because of diabetes, and the nct person said to me ‘why did they recommend that? you know you don’t have to do that’ in super judgy tone. I’m ok, lady with no medical qualification - I’m going to listen to my midwives and doctors - who were all awesome apart from the old lady who grabbed my boob to try and help breastfeeding start - unnecessary imo and I had armful of baby so couldn’t smack her like I would anyone else groping me.
NCT is about buying some mum friends - and needs to stop the evangelical natural birth plan tit over everything else as birth is so unpredictable. Rant over.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I can’t get on to the British Gas website, they have text me saying to text back meter readings so I think lots of the energy providers will be having issues with the amount of people on their websites today. Not a peep from Jack though, obvs
Same with Octopus 🐙 (can I blame Jack?) I’m on a smart meter with them but my in laws need theirs doing and they are bothering me to get it done TODAY! However, just read that you don’t need to rush to get it done today when it’s going bonkers, they’d rather people didn’t they will take todays meter readings over the next few days

Reactions: 18
I don't suppose it crossed her mind that SB might have wanted a McDonalds for a birthday treat. I'm sure pig's trotter fried in thrice-used fish oil and topped with grated carrot will be a fine substitute, though.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
She says she insists she walks to the train station like that's an odd thing to do...like she's some sort of princess frolicking with the poors instead of taking a carriage back to the station...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Jack QQ please sweetie - if us multiplying the minimum tier fee * number of subscribers is incorrect please can you let us know the correct methodology?

Also your dad self describes as a landlord on companies house, was that just for lolz? Edwina found the very public domain docs that show a huge intergenerational wealth transfer you’ve personally benefitted from and will continue to benefit from for the rest of your life and she’s hardly at the frontier of Web 3.0 is she?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
F89A4DD2-09B2-4D6A-80FC-B443AE31EC06.jpeg

ETA - Have they just changed the headline? The story is the same.

ETA again - Yes, it was ‘divides opinion’ before.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Superdrug’s head office is in Croydon. And from my shaky memory , there’s a pretty affordable fish shop near the bigger Asian supermarket . Surprised Jack hasn’t popped in for a piece of fresh fish in a bag, bunged in a tin of pineapple , and used the downtime of walking back to the station ( a reasonable yomp for someone with severe arthritis) and the 1.5 hr approx train journey to start preparing the pineapple pollock ready for SB’s budget birthday

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 57
I really doubt Jack has eaten 2 plant burgers. From what I gather they are the same size or equivalent of a Big Mac. Therefore pretty hefty.

To eat two of them would verge, in my opinion (unless you have done a lot of exercise or have not eaten all day) on a binge. Binge eating like this is rarely done in public. You would certainly not order 2 burgers and eat them from a McDonald’s in full sight of the people who are working there.

Maybe people do do this , people who have no shame over their food, who do not think about it every second of every day. But Jack has had shame over food. She has said she has suffered from an ED so there is even less chance that she would do this in public.

There are two conclusions to be drawn from this…

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
That wouldn't have happened even in 2010. Christ, she has to play the victim even in completely fictional anecdotes from 12 years ago
I dunno NCT classes have always been a bit dodge, I didn't go to one because everyone I know has a story like this. It's very much down to the group leader as I understand it, but they are pretty dogmatic about breastfeeding, natural birth etc. I'm not sure why there isn't an NHS standard antenatal class rather than a postcode lottery (well I do... Consistent underfunding and under valuing of maternal health but yknow...)

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.