Jack Monroe #277 It's safest to assume that all Jack's tweets are lies unless proven otherwise.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same with Octopus 🐙 (can I blame Jack?) I’m on a smart meter with them but my in laws need theirs doing and they are bothering me to get it done TODAY! However, just read that you don’t need to rush to get it done today when it’s going bonkers, they’d rather people didn’t they will take todays meter readings over the next few days
Do you need to do this if on. Smart meter (not a smart frau)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
No. 😊
edit- you do need to check your meter reading frequency though. Mine can read every 30 mins, 24 hours or month.

If you have it set for month, change to one of the others. It would also be worth reading the meter, checking the app and just making sure they tally.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Poor SB 🥺 mamapapa gets x2 McPlants at £3.79 a pop, and he’s looking at trotters for tea. Either that, or year-old fish, defrosted in their ‘natural juices’ and ‘cooked’ in pineapple! I wonder if he’ll get another knockoff Colin this year, too. Only the best for… Jack.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Fuxking trotters though. What on earth is she thinking? Is she trying to piss the vegans off? I’m just 🤯 by this, yep even more than the fishy pineapple. This is the budget tit, it will be trotters, neck end, eye lid and bollocks everything - no stopping her right now she’s pumped up!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Am I a snob? I thought they sold pig trotters for dogs only? 😩
I've cooked them before (Chinese style recipe), I cook pretty well and I really didn't like the result. It was a lot of work for little reward too. Lord knows what she will do with them, but I'm curious to see photos... 😬😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Nope because the smart reader transmits to them automatically, but my inlaws don’t have a smart meter (well they do but it’s with a company that’s gone bust and is incompatible with other suppliers - so it’s a massive ball ache to try to read) so they have to get a reading and submit it. X

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I've cooked them before (Chinese style recipe), I cook pretty well and I really didn't like the result. It was a lot of work for little reward too. Lord knows what she will do with them, but I'm curious to see photos... 😬😂
There wouldn’t be much meat on them. I hope she bbqs them with a side of pinapple. Her kid is so lucky.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
I had to google trotters as I assumed it meant pig’s feet and I was correct! In certain parts of the US pig’s feet are a big deal and I for one am here for Southern Jack. Pickling her own pig’s feet wearing a cowboy hat.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
my first thought was using them to make a ramen stock but considering that jack’s last ramen looked like the remnants of the bottom of a bin bag poured into a bowl, i really hope i am wrong
F34F5F89-CB3E-4815-A33F-59B719CE5D2B.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
I've no doubt that money is made from the ads on Tattle (I run a site with much much less traffic that makes about a fiver a day), but let's not forget the hosting costs, website maintenance costs, moderator time (time has a value), and everything else that goes with running a larger website. SSL certificate, malware plugins, etc. I for one don't begrudge the owners of Tattle making money from ads.

(Most ads these days make money on clicks not page views, and I suspect that as we're a pretty savvy lot, Tattle aren't making as much as Jack thinks.)

• Heart
Reactions: 46
the lady Jack is replying to is not wrong. I was induced because of diabetes, and the nct person said to me ‘why did they recommend that? you know you don’t have to do that’ in super judgy tone. I’m ok, lady with no medical qualification - I’m going to listen to my midwives and doctors - who were all awesome apart from the old lady who grabbed my boob to try and help breastfeeding start - unnecessary imo and I had armful of baby so couldn’t smack her like I would anyone else groping me.
NCT is about buying some mum friends - and needs to stop the evangelical natural birth plan tit over everything else as birth is so unpredictable. Rant over.
Just for alternative view, our NCT was brilliant. We did a mock c-section where we all had the different parts, so we wouldn’t be scared by all the people they need in the room for on. There was no pressure for natural birth or breastfeeding, just information on everything we could expect. Didn’t make any life long friends though all the other parents were dull or wankers. 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Just for alternative view, our NCT was brilliant. We did a mock c-section where we all had the different parts, so we wouldn’t be scared by all the people they need in the room for on. There was no pressure for natural birth or breastfeeding, just information on everything we could expect. Didn’t make any life long friends though all the other parents were dull or wankers. 🤣
That’s interesting. Total crapshoot then depending on who is leading it - lack of consistency is a weakness.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.