Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boyo

VIP Member
Don’t know if this has been posted already, so apols if it has but just too good to miss. In the replies to Trifley D…

635B5400-2B45-46D4-A438-41ABA490B190.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 142
Right I’ve been lurking here for ages (hello! You’re all hilarious) and I didn’t think it would be this that broke me into a delurk but as a former Croydon Frau 🔺 how the fuck did she ‘go past’ Wing Yip if she’s on the train? It’s right out on the Purley Way! How can anyone be so relentlessly full of shit ALL THE TIME ABOUT EVERYTHING?

Edit: Ah I see I’ve been beaten to it. Hello anyway!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 122

Lazarus

VIP Member
Annoyingly, from looking at the comments on her post, there are lots of organisations who are working hard to support women experiencing period poverty. Any company or organisation unwilling to look further than the token poor person, is one who is paying lip-service to this issue.
It is so lazy of them to seek Jack's opinion on something she's openly said she has no current experience of. Instead of asking her followers to do her homework for her so that she can make money off of the back of them, she could have:
*Declined the offer of work (something she does all the fucking time)
* Asked her followers to sign-post XXX company to organisations doing this type of work, therefore allowing the organisation to identify the most appropriate people to speak to.

ETA: Someone has said this in the comments -
Perhaps you should consider handing this gig over to someone who is poor in the here and now and can talk about how poverty affects them at this present time. I think it’s astonishing that you are pretty much asking people who are suffering poverty just now to do your research for you.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 118

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Yet again she’s crowdsourcing for genuine stories of poverty because she does not know what it is like. Simple as that.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 116

Jackbobs

Very pleased to find this thread, JM keeps appearing on my Twitter feed every time I log in as some of my friends follow her. I'm pretty left wing and a bit of a woke snowflake myself, but if I have no idea what hold this woman has over people - she isn't original or witty, she begs for funds.... Well you know all of this already of course.

BTW my username is nothing to do with her, those are the names of my cats

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 111

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
How is it possible her food "tips" are getting even worse? What next - a hack for cooking rice without using the hob by soaking it in 2 parts cat piss then leaving it on top of a radiator for 3 days? You can have that one for free Jack, I'll type up the full recipe and ping it over to you next month, just in time for the final book edit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 104

Smeghead

VIP Member
B22F6EE6-2172-47F4-962C-1DFBDB155D7C.jpeg

God that raw fish in pineapple was so yesterday, move on Independent, Jack is making a Frankenstein pet soup at home

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100

Lazarus

VIP Member
Next time I’m having a chippy tea I’ll insist they cook my fish in canned pineapple juice. Imagine that with chips, mushy peas and tartar sauce?

Years ago I was making homemade lemonade using a recipe which called for cream of tartar; I WRONGLY assumed they meant tartar sauce and, well let’s just say I’m not even sure Jack could salvage it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 96

colouredlines

VIP Member
Ceviche relies on acid. Jack tells people to use pineapple + lemon or lime juice, but doesn't know which ingredient is actually doing the work.

Ceviche also requires very fresh, good quality fish, as the acid will cure it, rather than cook it. It won't kill bacteria; the inside of a piece of ceviche should be similar to sashimi.

Spending £££ to buy suitable fish that lets you save money on your electricity bill is not the wisest move. #JacksHacks

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 89

JJusa69

VIP Member
Tell me honestly why someone who has over 2k deposited in to her account every month for doing fuck all, has 1k of jewellery in her ears and can afford £100 plus on hats is really "eyeing up her camping stove" (that doesn't exist as it got stolen)

• Haha
  • Heart

FlirtyThirty

VIP Member
In the last thread, Jack spent a lot of money on stuff we are yet to spot (won’t be long)

She cooked a disgusting plate of magnolia petals and crap blue cheese

She told an improbable anecdote about Always winning monopoly due to her spreadsheet autism

She blamed her awful personality on Waitrose removing her tattoos because they *are* her personality

She did/did not (delete as applicable) release the Vandalised Beans Index

• Haha
  • Heart

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Hang on, Jack says someone is making a fortune...out of tattle? Is this a commercially run, capitalist enterprise? If so, I’m closing my account and going back to the haunted bird hell site which is, presumably, a public sector or charity run site!

• Haha
  • Heart

Five hundred dogs

VIP Member
Telling people it’s fine to chuck a can of Del Monte chunks over a piece of yellow sticker farmed salmon in leu of actually cooking it is down right dangerous.

• Heart
  • Sad