Jack Monroe #277 It's safest to assume that all Jack's tweets are lies unless proven otherwise.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Title by @Mel Donte Nomination by @Valiofthedolls

Please remember no thread title nominations until the tail end of the thread and to add ‘thread title’ or ‘thread title nomination’. No swearing in them please.

Wiki is the pink button for newbies.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I have a feeling I'm going to be doing some grunking later, just on a late afternoon break and just read the Waitrose tatts article.

Waitrose and jack both said that her tattoes had been shown in their full glory in a previous edition of their magazine so what exactly is her beef here? It's not as though Waitrose are denying her right to express herself through her tattoos and clearly they have no issue if had previously displayed them
I think she's once again attaching too much importance on what she perceives are markers of class and of course where she fits in on the class wheel.
No offense to anyone with tattoos or who specifically shows who they are by how they dress, we all do to an extent, I have tattoos but they really are not part of my identity, I thought they were cool once about 25 years ago and now they make me slightly cringe, mainly because they are crap and tattoos have moved on a long way since then.
But she reminds me of a teenager kicking off about the tattoos not being visible, because she knows, that without her 'whacky' hair and body art, especially in that cream supermarket sleeveless blouse, she just looks like a regular person, and, dare I say it,a bit 'mumsy'. (None taken)
It reminds me of when I used to work in a big corporate place who introduced uniforms, some of the younger staff complained that their identities where being quashed, and another friend/ colleague who was scared of bumping into her 'alternative' friends outside of work as they'd see her work clothes and think she's become one with The Man.
And why is she bringing it up now, five years later, I don't understand her comment ref having a dog in this game and a load of posts ref her Waitrose tatts?
No matter how much she pays for her tattoos she will always be a not so secret Tory wannabe landowner, establishment friendly version of the working classes who 'writes' for middle class publications and attends Tory think tanks.
They don't invite her because she is poor but because she can be trusted to behave when they invite her as the token poor-lite.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
She really shouldn’t casually tweeting this tit! Someone could end up with food poisoning.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Next time I’m having a chippy tea I’ll insist they cook my fish in canned pineapple juice. Imagine that with chips, mushy peas and tartar sauce?

Years ago I was making homemade lemonade using a recipe which called for cream of tartar; I WRONGLY assumed they meant tartar sauce and, well let’s just say I’m not even sure Jack could salvage it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 96
In the last thread, Jack spent a lot of money on stuff we are yet to spot (won’t be long)

She cooked a disgusting plate of magnolia petals and crap blue cheese

She told an improbable anecdote about Always winning monopoly due to her spreadsheet autism

She blamed her awful personality on Waitrose removing her tattoos because they *are* her personality

She did/did not (delete as applicable) release the Vandalised Beans Index

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
When Jack says no fuel, what is she running her fridge off if not electricity? It's not a 'simple supper that doesn't require any energy' unless electricity no longer counts as energy :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
How is it possible her food "tips" are getting even worse? What next - a hack for cooking rice without using the hob by soaking it in 2 parts cat piss then leaving it on top of a radiator for 3 days? You can have that one for free Jack, I'll type up the full recipe and ping it over to you next month, just in time for the final book edit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 104
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.