Jack Monroe #273 She’s like David Brent’s crap sister

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those eggs are not cooked. The yolk is translucent orange.

Is this a joke?

Any comment on the egg news?

No, thought not. That passed you by didn’t it?
To be fair, the egg news has been blown out of proportion by scare mongering headlines when all they needed to say is - formally free range hens are now kept in barns until the terrible avian bird flu passes. Being a 'food writer' you'd think that she would at least allude to it, although, *free range* is not part of her USP. God forbid the poors actually wanting to consider animal welfare.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I’m not sure I’ve picked the right time to ask this, but is it normal for a call handler at the fire service to have a passing out parade? I’ve seen photos of her on her own Facebook where she had what looks to be a fire-fighters uniform on; again, I’m not sure this is normal attire for answering the phone.
and finally, on the same theme: did she once say she was involved in Grenfell related business - if so, I recall Grenfell being post-pov.
Grateful for insight 🙃
Grunting so probably already covered but Grenfell Ghoul Jack actually makes me feel sick. I think it was (unsure so won’t summon) who had a friend helping in the aftermath who said Jack was a PITA and was given donated shoes to sort to get her out of the way of the actual volunteers who were trying to help.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
I think it is important to keep the focus of blame on her and not target the people who support/supported her. It's well-known how manipulative Cluster B people can be: they divide clinical teams; they divide prison staff; they divide social care staff; they divide families, workplaces, pretty much everything and everyone. It is a survival mechanism for the person, often forged in childhood for good reason, and they refine and adapt constantly. If they succeed in manipulating otherwise pretty-sussed people, it's obvious to see how easily this can be achieved on social media. What do others think?

• Heart
Reactions: 47
She was a call handler. The photos of her in uniform are from Pride and an open day at the fire station. Apparently you could make a donation and dress up and use the hose. She never was a firefighter She just doesn't correct people when they say she was.
She claimed that she was part of the investigation team into Grenfell which not only a lie but really offensive. She said that she and 'the team' sat down and studied the blueprints for the tower.
She also said she was advising the Met during the Westminster Bridge and Lee Rigby attacks. I was at home on the day of the Westminster incident and watched the live footage. She was live tweeting saying that she was in consultation with the emergency services and that she was using her 'years of knowledge ' to say that they were doing everything wrong and shouldn't send emergency vehicles in.
She is ghastly.
My word, I think this was before she was even on my radar. This is horrendous!

Also, the hubris of that article being titled "We Need to Talk About Grenfell" like it wasn't on everyone's lips, all the time (rightly so). She's so wrapped up in herself.

Reactions: 40
Oh good, back to brown slop ☺

Jack's post on Grenfell is here, for those that haven't read it and wish to.
It’s so funny reading quotes like “I’ve seen a lot of bleeping fires, I remarked as I turned the corner” and “Between us all we hold decades of service, encyclopaedias of chemical information, forensic knowledge of building structures and escape routes” and reminding oneself that she was but a *call-handler*, in the fire service.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 80
They don't. Even when they seem to be 'chatting' they are gathering information. "What are you looking forward to doing here?" was one such question. Reader: they aren't asking to be nice.
I remember coming back to Australia from England once, and they were full on asking where I would be staying once I left the airport, kept repeating it hoping I'd slip up or something. I was like 'Err, my house'. I'm a citizen too, so no real reason to ask that either. Knowing Jack, she'd try to pet the Customs doggos that come through baggage handling 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Why doesn't SHE do that instead of instructing "just ONE journalist" to? Oh yeah, that would take actual work and research rather than simply sitting on twitter randomly sniping at people.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Someone needs to take her phone and squeeze the screen so hard that it shatters, in much the same way it did when she was waiting for three minutes on her dad’s response to her text about being trans.
As my mum would say, you couldn’t put a red neck on her with a blow torch. How is she still coming back for more after yesterday?
and what’s that awful, horrible broken back, gunshot wounds, government ordering your beating analogy?
The Tories are awful, but this type of comparison is neither accurate or helpful. Sadly there are people, many of them, out there in the big wide world who experience beatings, assault, false imprisonment etc, at the will of their government or its officials.
Her tweet is very, very damaging.

ETA: am I the only one who rages when she says things like ‘I’m so damn tired of this’?
Nobody, absolutely nobody needs Jack’s take on the budget. Nobody is asking her to do this. If she’s so damn tired she should duck off and go to bed for the day and start again tomorrow.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 75
I remember coming back to Australia from England once, and they were full on asking where I would be staying once I left the airport, kept repeating it hoping I'd slip up or something. I was like 'Err, my house'. I'm a citizen too, so no real reason to ask that either. Knowing Jack, she'd try to pet the Customs doggos that come through baggage handling 😂
I must admit to stroking a policeman's springer once :D i told him in advance I couldn't help it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I love that she's updating everyone like it's a Faecbook status. So weird. "I'm just going to finish slopgibboning around my house like the spectre of my lost potential before I sit down with an inexplicable egg on some bread (NO TOASTER) and write a poorly-constructed article that doesn't say very much but that I think is full of zingers. That'll show em."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Oh good, back to brown slop ☺

Jack's post on Grenfell is here, for those that haven't read it and wish to.
As horrific as Jack’s contribution to this article is (along with her jarringly cheerful picture placed at the bottom with the bright red arrow pointed to herself), I think the overarching feeling I get from reading this again is that none of us had any idea of the catastrophic fallout that would come from this awful tragedy. That almost 5 years later even more people have lost their lives and livelihoods needlessly because of the government’s failure to do what was right over the cladding.

Will fuel tax be cut? She doesn’t care about that. She doesn’t care about all the workers who rely on their cars day in day out and and who, when they see those prices creep up over hours sometimes, feel like it is another dagger in the back. I hope when the announcements are made, she has the maturity and intelligence to realise not everyone has the luxury sitting at home to work and walking or getting a bus to a variety of shops. I hope she has the maturity to realise after yesterday, that there are people in different shoes from her own and she needs to help them too.

• Sad
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.