Jack Monroe #273 She’s like David Brent’s crap sister

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't understand why people actively want to be autistic. Like what's the point? None of the autistic contingent here have the luxury of deciding on a whim to be autistic or not and it's very insulting to have people turning it on and off when it suits. I know I bang on about it all the time on here but in real life I never mention it so seeing it whipped out time and again to excuse appalling behaviour is quite galling. Even when I duck up and people would probably be more sympathetic if I explained, I'd much rather just take the hit than be that person saying WELL ACTUALLY my GP diagnosed me as 99% classically autistic and I can hear electricity in the walls and write so fast that I can write words before a person has even thought of saying them and accuracy is my flex because I literally cannot lie.

God I'm so tired. I'm going to bed.

(I'm not, I'm joking. I'm going to rack up another 50 tweets before midnight and you can't stop me)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 97
They have confirmed it. Although the reply was sent a couple of hours after the donation after sitting in their inbox for days - almost like the TT were awaiting their own ‘gotcha’ moment.

One thing has came from this sorry mess, I will never support the TT as a charity again. They’ve also confirmed they will carry on working with the little gremlin too.

View attachment 1146727
Amazing that she gets the credit for all this when none of it was her money and it was just people who bought those horrible T shirts.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Lads got this slogan for tote bags

Hotes Totes

I paid money worth 12 days of emergency food for a family for this bag, which will donate 3 days of emergency food for a family, instead of donating the 12 days worth of emergency food.
THIS IS WHAT 9 DAYS OF EMERGENCY FOOD LOOKS LIKE, YOURE NOT GETTING IT!!I AM A GOOD PERSON AND NOT A POOR

Too snappy? Needs to be more detailed?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82

Hotes Totes

I paid money worth 12 days of emergency food for a family for this bag, which will donate 3 days of emergency food for a family, instead of donating the 12 days worth of emergency food.
THIS IS WHAT 9 DAYS OF EMERGENCY FOOD LOOKS LIKE, YOUR NOT GETTING IT!!

Open the Teemill at once. I want one of these.

• Haha
Reactions: 40

Hotes Totes

THIS IS WHAT 9 DAYS OF EMERGENCY FOOD LOOKS LIKE, YOURE NOT GETTING IT!!I AM A GOOD PERSON AND NOT A POOR

Have you thought about pitching this on Dragons Den? Maybe Lord Sir Alan Sugar could back you. It’s defo got legs.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Hotes Totes

A5418BAF-2854-4613-8A98-32AE4938BBCD.jpeg

ETA- Updated version

37A15A07-DAE8-4C91-9840-907445A3597C.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Man, I just hope she actually has been given real 'work' to do with this series. If anything shows her up for what she really is, it's that. With DKL she had the support of a partner at home to try keeping her on track. I realise that this one is likely not live thanks be to god, but she's still gonna have to turn up and deliver whatever grandiose promises she's made.

Assuming this series isn't another figment of her imagination, of course

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Totes whilst you’re thinking on that pitch do you fancy starting a new Fred?

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Hotes Totes

How big is this bag on a scale of world's tiniest violin to £20 weekly shop?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Man, I just hope she actually has been given real 'work' to do with this series. If anything shows her up for what she really is, it's that. With DKL she had the support of a partner at home to try keeping her on track. I realise that this one is likely not live thanks be to god, but she's still gonna have to turn up and deliver whatever grandiose promises she's made.

Assuming this series isn't another figment of her imagination, of course
It's blowing my mind that not only have we got a series to look forward to but she's also in the running for something exciting. None of it makes up for the Peston non-event but it will help me to heal and look to the future.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I don't understand why people actively want to be autistic. Like what's the point? None of the autistic contingent here have the luxury of deciding on a whim to be autistic or not and it's very insulting to have people turning it on and off when it suits. I know I bang on about it all the time on here but in real life I never mention it so seeing it whipped out time and again to excuse appalling behaviour is quite galling. Even when I duck up and people would probably be more sympathetic if I explained, I'd much rather just take the hit than be that person saying WELL ACTUALLY my GP diagnosed me as 99% classically autistic and I can hear electricity in the walls and write so fast that I can write words before a person has even thought of saying them and accuracy is my flex because I literally cannot lie.

God I'm so tired. I'm going to bed.

(I'm not, I'm joking. I'm going to rack up another 50 tweets before midnight and you can't stop me)
My friends gf makes it a whole personality and uses it as an excuse for horrid behaviour, I refuse to hang around her anymore as I cba.

I have friend who goes on and on about it, says nobody can bring him down, but again uses it as an excuse for behaviour/ignore advice when people are genuinely trying to help him.

I'm ADHD myself, I don't really tell people unless they ask me or work it out.

I think some people do make it a whole personality. Jack seems to one of them.

• Sad
Reactions: 30

Hotes Totes

Will there be a range? Perhaps an overpriced hoodie with some sort of eggy slop logo?
ThIs Is A bEaTeN mEsS?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Fair enough, Hoping everyone says I’m out at DD now!
Actually assumed Silver had collapsed due to exhaustion until they came back with their design on your idea (that you didn’t fkng get IP protection on so now silver is going to be Sir Lord Alan Sugars partner) l.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.