Jack Monroe #273 She’s like David Brent’s crap sister

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yesterday a squiggle brought up Jack's heart attack story. It's here:

Incidentally, Jack wrote two blog posts that day. If you click on the link above, you'll see it contains a close-up photo of her breasts in a sports bra. This is noteworthy because the other post she published the exact same day was her coming out as trans:

22/10/15:

View attachment 1144711

Also 22/10/15:

View attachment 1144712
Thank you for unearthing this treasure. I love how she ends the heart attack post by casually announcing she's signed up to run a marathon, which I'm sure totally happened. I can completely understand why she wouldn't want pre-transition photos of her used in the press but, and I say this with love, it does seem somewhat ill advised to publish one on the same day as the announcement with a request that no one else follows your lead in publishing it. If it was someone less publicity shy than Jack I'd wonder if they were deliberately trying to engineer a public victimhood situation but as we know Jack turns down most of the media requests she gets and would never do that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I very much hope, for her own mental health, Jack takes a few days away from Twitter. She can announce it in a big airport lounge fanfare type of way and then step away from the phone. I hope that friends and family rally round and she takes the time to find herself again. (I don't mind which self she re-discovers, random recipe Jack or perhaps spoons Jack, any, as long as it's not tweet-delete-worry-for-her-mental-stability-Jack.)

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I still don't see how she has done so much for the poverty stricken.

She talks alot certainly, but as do i( to my husband etc) about what I would do if I was queen of the world and how I would make it awesome, but that's just it. It's idol talk, even when she goes to parliament it's idol talk, how much of what she says actually gets serious consideration?

MR walked into parliament spoke to the top bloke and got the support he needed in one afternoon, it's taken her ten years and I honestly when looking through her notes( Google) I dont see much!

She's also ignorant to people who ask. Yesterday some squig said, well she hasnt helped me, as I am ( insert here) and instead of saying yes I have in the past attempted to address this issue, perhaps you could help me, understand what needs to be done. She gave a sarky reply about looking up Google as she had completed it mate.
Right now people are scared and because on paper she looks like the dogs bollocks as she claims all these things they look to her only to be let down, as she only ever does any task half arsed.

No one, not a person asked her to be their saviour, she spoke to the paper many years ago and made a career out of cooking some food and yammering on to the masses but again, no one asks or expects her too. In fact most of the squiggles tell her to take time away and seek help. This tells me that they are ok and they don't need her to rally up the troops at the detriment to her own health. She wants to be a martyr, but just not happening for her. One day she will understand that, however today is not that day. I just hope she doesn't look back on all the time she has wasted failing at trying to be super famous and regret it, like so many have before her.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Just to say that when I was readmitted to hospital with symptoms of a heart attack, the A&E doctor asked if I used cocaine...

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Christ, you don’t describe your own book as “long-awaited”, Jack 🙄 the ego on her is unbelievable.

I woke up genuinely embarrassed for her today. A 34 year old mother with a public profile shitting herself on the internet for attention.

It's very funny in retrospect - she was dropped by her publisher, so the 3rd book was the one she funded on Kickstarter. Which, to be fair, did end up being long-awaited...

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I read that blog post as - me me me me me me me me me me me special me me me me me me…

I know someone who has recently had a very mild heart attack. It’s not simple, it’s had a huge knock on effect to their life. They aren’t old and fit. The recovery is taking months and months.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Hopefully Jack has realised she needs a break from social media. Comes back with a work account and a private personal account.

Reactions: 25
“It’s the “What ARE you?” from ignorant, belligerent officers at US airports time and time again as my name and appearance don’t quite match up to the gender stated on my passport.”

How many times has she been to America?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
Patreon grifter/musician Amanda Palmer has discovered TikTok and it is not going well. She is styling it out as a 'normcore mom bewildered by young people stuff'. When is Jack getting on TikTok again?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Hopefully Jack has realised she needs a break from social media. Comes back with a work account and a private personal account.
She does have a personal account. Hard to believe but the account she spouts all her nonsense and tantrums on is her professional account.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Guys. Stay with me on this one. Call me a conspiracy theorist if you must. But I don’t think the Virginia Bottomly Index is going to get done.
I don't think it matters. So many people seem to believe it has been done, even though they've never seen it 🤷

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
“It’s the “What ARE you?” from ignorant, belligerent officers at US airports time and time again as my name and appearance don’t quite match up to the gender stated on my passport.”

How many times has she been to America?
I have a friend who once had to shave her head following a hairdressing disaster. During the aftermath she would sometimes get mistaken for male from a distance, but she is almost 2m tall and has broad Afrikaner shoulders, while Jack is a smol pixie with a chunky Mediterranean arse. I find it really hard to imagine that she'd get any commentary from the American officers beyond "Huh, isn't that a guy's name? Maybe things are different in England. Say, do you know my friend John? He's from England too."

It's like the photo she put in that post to supposedly illustrate how strong she was during her firefighter phone operator days. There is literally no visible muscle definition. None. None in her upper arm, back, shoulder...how does anyone take her seriously?

• Heart
Reactions: 55
The BBC's coverage of the cost of living crisis this morning is actually quite good. They're interviewing people who are going to be directly affected by it to a severe degree, rather than someone who has to turn on her electric blanket in her million pound RENTED house.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
Guys. Stay with me on this one. Call me a conspiracy theorist if you must. But I don’t think the Virginia Bottomly Index is going to get done.
Or there may be claims that the new ONS personal inflation widget = Verifiable Bullshit Inflammation, based on loving, careful, gentle work behind the scenes, after all she has been on it for weeks oooft, that'll do.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Jack inferred that tattle users wish her harm, death etc which is obviously not true. However when she has previously gone quiet/left twitter, it's only us who have noticed and been concerned, not her twitter fans. Lots of 'I hope she is ok' and ' I don't wish her any harm' commentsfrom us. Anyone who comes to tattle will see this, everything we say is on record too. The mods here are very proactive and on the very rare occasion that we have had any genuine trolls, they have been called out by us and banned by the mods. Twitter can be a genuinely dark place, there is some really sick stuff on there and seemingly no regulation. Tattle is the complete opposite, more balanced and well regulated. I know which I prefer.

Towards the end of the last thread someone asked why Jack had the disability symbol in her bio and someone replied that Jack identifies as disabled (sorry I can't remember the names). I think it was a good explanation, Jack does choose to identify (lie) about being disabled. It's incredibly galling when you or the disabled people you know/care for cannot choose to identify as disabled. They cannot pick and choose when to wear the label. Disability is 24/7 and Jack is quite a disgusting person for cosplaying.

Your's, an exhausted mum of two disabled children.

P.s epic grunk yesterday. Would love to see if JKR responds.

• Heart
Reactions: 97
Yesterday a squiggle brought up Jack's heart attack story. It's here:

Incidentally, Jack wrote two blog posts that day. If you click on the link above, you'll see it contains a close-up photo of her breasts in a sports bra. This is noteworthy because the other post she published the exact same day was her coming out as trans:

22/10/15:

View attachment 1144711

Also 22/10/15:

View attachment 1144712

hang on she signed up for a marathon after having repeated suspected minor heart attacks? I assume its true cos she cant lie init

• Haha
Reactions: 52
What weird, parallel universe do we live in where a Twitter no-mark has managed to convince fellow Twitter no-marks that she’s solely responsible for solving an issue that didn’t exist, whilst accepting acclaim for an index that is often referenced but that actually doesn’t exist either?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
The BBC's coverage of the cost of living crisis this morning is actually quite good. They're interviewing people who are going to be directly affected by it to a severe degree, rather than someone who has to turn on her electric blanket in her million pound RENTED house.
That's good to hear. I really hope the media keep that up and cover the real story, rather than let that grifting pixie monetise human misery because they can't be bothered to do the work and she's available.

Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.