Jack Monroe #273 She’s like David Brent’s crap sister

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cameron, that man, coat rack, Walliams, now JKR... I wonder who is next on Jack's hit list. Politician, chef or author? Interestingly 3 things Jack will never be...

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Gosh I have had to leave this thread but I had train chaos of my own yesterday and had some time to grunk and OMG!

I would really like someone (not on here) to contact the Trussell Trust Press Team and through a Freedom of Information request ask just how much has been donated by JM

[email protected]

Reactions: 34
Nigella doing god’s work on Australian TV and explaining how she loves chip kebabs. She adds lemon zest and hummus rather than ketchup and/or cheese, but you know, it’s Nigella so it was never going to be chips, stottie and cheese, was it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Gosh I have had to leave this thread but I had train chaos of my own yesterday and had some time to grunk and OMG!

I would really like someone (not on here) to contact the Trussell Trust Press Team and through a Freedom of Information request ask just how much has been donated by JM

[email protected]
hi,
There has been some confusion on these pages before about FoI requests, and unfortunately the Trussell Trust are under no obligation to respond to your request.
hopefully this helps our fraus to understand who they can request information from.

• Heart
Reactions: 52

[email protected]
FOI requests are only for public bodies

I imagine the charity regulator is more likely to be interested

Reactions: 28
She's deleted those latest tweets about all the terrible abuse she gets. Big day for Jack's tweet 'n delete habit. All in all a great day's profile raising.
They obviously didn’t get the fawning she wanted and she couldn’t take people pointing out her hypocrisy on it.

I hope someone has stepped in and pulled her away, but based on previous form I wouldn’t be surprised if they haven’t. It only seemed to be the school one that had any effect in the past.

It must be a pretty rough realisation in the bungalow this morning that this blew up but not in the way she expected and in a much bigger way than any previous chaos.

Reactions: 30
FOI requests are only for public bodies

I imagine the charity regulator is more likely to be interested
I don't think it's for the charity regulator as TT haven't done anything wrong, if anything they are the victims here. I think action fraud (who are a bit toothless) or the press are the only way JM will get any sort of comuppance (is that a word?)

They obviously didn’t get the fawning she wanted and she couldn’t take people pointing out her hypocrisy on it.

I hope someone has stepped in and pulled her away, but based on previous form I wouldn’t be surprised if they haven’t. It only seemed to be the school one that had any effect in the past.

It must be a pretty rough realisation in the bungalow this morning that this blew up but not in the way she expected and in a much bigger way than any previous chaos.
Hoping SB is with his dad at the mo

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

[email protected]
Unfortunately TT aren’t subject to FOI, but contacting press dept is 👍

Reactions: 26
So in the past 24 hours JM has tweeted putting her replies on that she doesn’t normally do, got into a reply war with many tweeters but managed to ignore any about the TT money, moaned she’s too busy to respond, responded some more, deleted the tweets, moaned again about the pile on without replies on, asked about recipes and replied to various tweeters, received and took a photo of a new lanyard and posted this and replied to tweeters, tweeted how hard her life is and how everyone is really really mean and she is just doing her best….then deleted lots of tweets again

well if nothing else I think we can all see how she adds up to her 100 hours of work a week!!! Jeez if you’re saving the world single handedly whilst being a single mum you wouldn’t have time for this tit

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Well if nothing else, yesterday will join the list of legendary chaoses. Lord knows what her motive was in kicking that all off, most odd. She ended up saying that 2 people compared her to JKR at HoC, yet she started by saying it was the media when she first "rose to prominence" 🤷

Twitter is still rumbling on with it this morning. I hope she stays quiet all day tbh.

Screenshot_20220323-074455.png

• Heart
Reactions: 110
The ONS are joining in the 'pile on' by rendering Jack's past 10 years 'work' of receipt hoarding meaningless.

Screenshot 2022-03-23 at 07.52.29.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 87
I keep going back to her family. How would my parents react if I had such public meltdowns on Twitter; or if I started arguments involving one of the world’s biggest authors, then all of a sudden had a mental health crash when it didn’t go my way?
My parents are probably a bit older than Jack’s but from the same generation - I just don’t think they’d fully understand why social media was playing such a huge part in my life when it’s impact and effect was clearly so damaging. Additionally my parents would simply not be able to comprehend the amount of time spent on there interacting with strangers/ creating fake accounts etc. I wonder if her parents are the same.
It must be almost a one sided discussion, with Jack explaining all these horrible things that are said to her etc and her parents simply asking why she just doesn’t stop going on there, then. No companies are surely watching her SM activity and deciding she’s the brand representative they need, so I don’t see why she couldn’t remove herself from Twitter to one extent or other - she could keep it purely for recipes and her own brand of tit campaigns and leave the rest of it to people who are thicker skinned or better equipped to deal with the personal side of it, which she clearly isn’t.
her poor son. Whether he’s with her at the moment or not, he is going to see this massive crash and then watch her spend all of her free time on her phone again.
she’s so selfish, like many addicts I guess. Whether she’s free of alcohol isn’t my business, but Twitter is definitely an addiction for her and she needs to get away from it. It is so damaging to her.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 65
So in the past 24 hours JM has tweeted putting her replies on that she doesn’t normally do, got into a reply war with many tweeters but managed to ignore any about the TT money, moaned she’s too busy to respond, responded some more, deleted the tweets, moaned again about the pile on without replies on, asked about recipes and replied to various tweeters, received and took a photo of a new lanyard and posted this and replied to tweeters, tweeted how hard her life is and how everyone is really really mean and she is just doing her best….then deleted lots of tweets again

well if nothing else I think we can all see how she adds up to her 100 hours of work a week!!! Jeez if you’re saving the world single handedly whilst being a single mum you wouldn’t have time for this tit
I used to run SM for a small charity I worked for (v small part of a bigger role) and one day we got a vaguely viral tweet which generated a little bit of press and it was a bloody nightmare! I felt obliged to reply to all of the tweets, even the rude ones (too polite for my own good) and we were tagged in articles published and I was contacted for an interview etc.which meant more notifications. I did this all on my own phone and didn't use anything like Hootsuite etc and it felt like I was attached to my phone for 24 hours.

As I'm sure she enjoys the dopamine hit from every notification I can see how it can be mentally taxing to have your phone constantly going off.

Of course as someone who lives on Twitter you'd think she'd set some more ground rules about what she uses it for etc. to reduce the time drain. But as it's the only real work she does she probably feels totally justified in the "favourite sandwich" tweets and considers them work.

That was a bit of a ramble, sorry!

• Heart
Reactions: 55
She's got history for claiming sobriety when in fact she's using. Obviously this is normal in addiction but I think her behaviour speaks for itself. Does she sound straight?

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I thought we were coming dangerously close to a bit of self awareness when she tweeted that she 'just posted whatever inane thoughts come into my head'. Yeah. That's it. That's your 'job' and pretty much all you do.

Also interesting that she said sometimes that 'works for her' which obviously translates as getting her the publicity and adulation she so desperately craves. But remember she doesn't want the publicity.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Saw this and thought of …….
German word of the day is Wohlstandsverwahrlosung, a state of decay that results from having it too easy for too long, leading you to selfishly compare your own petty grievances &mediocre accomplishments to the pain &struggle of people who know the meaning of real problems.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Inflation just hit 6.2% today, the squigs starting to ask Jack questions, could we see Voluptuous Bellowing Index chaos today, with squigs wondering where it is…

93EA1A9C-368E-47D3-8FDA-2C6332011D93.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
She's got history for claiming sobriety when in fact she's using. Obviously this is normal in addiction but I think her behaviour speaks for itself. Does she sound straight?
Sorry, mate. She literally can’t lie so… 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 49
For any Jack fan who wanders over here today expecting a cesspit of evil bullies, I have just one thing for you to consider.

Jack limits replies on almost all her tweets. She claims to do this to avoid bullying. For some recent examples, she limited replies on tweets about trifle, having a lovely weekend, buying a hat, and her cat. This means only people Jack follows can reply.

She left replies open on the JK Rowling tweets.

So ask yourself: if you are traumatised by bullies, why limit replies on a photo of your cat sleeping, then open them up on deliberately provocative tweets about one of the most divisive issues in society?

Just one question for you to mull over. And when you've figured it out, feel free to join us.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 129
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.