Jack Monroe #273 She’s like David Brent’s crap sister

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Soooo I think my last Jack thread was thread number 80 something but I read the last thread and am left with one plea:

Can someone please tell me the “Iqbal” story!?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Soooo I think my last Jack thread was thread number 80 something but I read the last thread and am left with one plea:

Can someone please tell me the “Iqbal” story!?
As it’s late and I don’t want to leave you hanging til the morning UK time, I will let a Frau with the full details and actual receipts fill you in on that fully, however here is a little “hint of Iqbal” for you. DISCLAIMER Not “Actual Iqbal” but let’s call it…

446A8297-92D4-44DC-93A5-122EFB3BE385.jpeg

Also, I have no idea if it’s appropriate to post from other threads and mods please delete if not, but I was just looking at another one before bedtime. Here’s the original comment followed by two responses- I’ve chopped out the usernames

F83AACF9-1A93-4072-817A-3DAF5F7C8E27.jpeg
<Insert that Mariah I don’t know her GIF here> And then a different poster…

93A3C7A5-12A5-42CF-B4C9-C0D775D3013E.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
She's deleted those latest tweets about all the terrible abuse she gets. Big day for Jack's tweet 'n delete habit. All in all a great day's profile raising.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
I've finally caught up. Whilst doing so I've mainly been

I am mostly here for the banter and to mock Jack's woeful recipes, however I thought she was Teflon, are somethings finally going to stick?

• Haha
  • Heart
I wonder what channel the series is going to be on. I *know* it won't be live unless we have a secret TV frau working on our behalf behind the scenes. I'm presuming it's an insulting response to the cost of living crisis, that makes it patronising enough to be the BBC "hey poors make do an mend like the war with Jack's Slop Show". Virtually everyone but the wealthy is shitting themselves to varying degrees about their bills over the next few months and this would be the sort of thing government telly would sling at us to stop us all rioting.
UK Conquest? ;)

Feel quite sad. No one needed all that today. Hopefully "motivated by spite" has been put on the back burner. 😔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Apologies for the late response to stuff in thread 271 but I was so angry about the autism stuff I couldn't let it pass by without comment.

1648010763669.png

Guess what? Another tired and outdated myth about autism. We are more than capable of lying, and some self proclaimed autistics do rather a lot of it.

Yet again, alongside the forensic pocket calculator, hearing wires hum in the wall, tiptoe walking, forensic brain etc she is making life harder for real autistic people like me.

I have started a section on the wiki about the autism,I'm not sure how to format, add autism to the index etc so if anyone else wants to jump in that would be great. I have also only covered the start of the autism in a 2019 Guardian article when she jumped on the superpower bandwagon and the incapable of lying tweet for now but will add more when I'm not so BUSY.

It looks like she has done some great chaos over the past day or two, I've got a thread and a half to catch up!

• Heart
Reactions: 92
Apologies for the late response to stuff in thread 271 but I was so angry about the autism stuff I couldn't let it pass by without comment.

View attachment 1144492

Guess what? Another tired and outdated myth about autism. We are more than capable of lying, and some self proclaimed autistics do rather a lot of it.

Yet again, alongside the forensic pocket calculator, hearing wires hum in the wall, tiptoe walking, forensic brain etc she is making life harder for real autistic people like me.

I have started a section on the wiki about the autism,I'm not sure how to format, add autism to the index etc so if anyone else wants to jump in that would be great. I have also only covered the start of the autism in a 2019 Guardian article when she jumped on the superpower bandwagon and the incapable of lying tweet for now but will add more when I'm not so BUSY.

It looks like she has done some great chaos over the past day or two, I've got a thread and a half to catch up!
She lacks the nous to actually research and accurately mimic anything. I am sorry you have been made to feel like this.

Epic grunk ahead, darling of the parly to persona non grata in less than 24hrs.

• Haha
As it’s late and I don’t want to leave you hanging til the morning UK time, I will let a Frau with the full details and actual receipts fill you in on that fully, however here is a little “hint of Iqbal” for you. DISCLAIMER Not “Actual Iqbal” but let’s call it…

The way you've worded this reminds me of the description from the Discworld novel The Truth about how to get in touch with the bad guys in that novel. I would post it in full, but 1) I'm on a bus and don't have access to a copy of the book and 2) I'm not convinced the mods would be too happy with me posting a couple of paragraphs of text from a book for a largely off topic tangent.

With regards to the autism, as I've said a couple of times before now, I definitely think Jack has some autistic traits. The oversharing is the classic one, for me. It might also explain some of the ... questionable flavour combinations. What I'm not convinced on is whether Jack has actually been professionally diagnosed. Given their age and assigned gender it seems unlikely they would have been as a child.

Reactions: 18
I'm totally buzzing for Jack's series. I came here after peak DKL so this will be a chance for me to experience some of the early glory of the Jack threads in real time.
It will be glorious but no tv producer with half a brain will let her go live ever again. Two years on and I can still recall Horse spunk lasagne, the mince question and ‘when you’ve finished talking’. Good times 😊.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I've finally caught up. Whilst doing so I've mainly been

I am mostly here for the banter and to mock Jack's woeful recipes, however I thought she was Teflon, are somethings finally going to stick?

Embarrassingly quoting myself but as too late to edit, as well as Louis Walsh shock face I have also been...

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I'm excited for the 'series' but I SHAN'T hold my breath since this isn't the first time she's asked which recipes the Squigs would like to see her make on screen. She threatened to do a series of YouTube vids a while back, anyone remember that? Obviously it never came to fruition. If a producer has been daft enough to sign her up for a series they ought to be quaking in their boots.

Reactions: 34
So Twitter didn’t get deleted. There must be too much work in the pipeline.

Series could be a segment on a show every now and then. We know what Jack is like with words.

I hope someone has intervened. Why anyone would go rogue like she did yesterday when objectively she is doing fairly well professionally (not that many people were aware of the TT thing before yesterday) is beyond me. We probably all have our own ideas about why she did what she did and I don’t what to be the psychologist here so she can read it and then call us out on it later. Let’s hope for a quiet day. I think we all need one.

Reactions: 37
So Twitter didn’t get deleted. There must be too much work in the pipeline.

Series could be a segment on a show every now and then. We know what Jack is like with words.

I hope someone has intervened. Why anyone would go rogue like she did yesterday when objectively she is doing fairly well professionally (not that many people were aware of the TT thing before yesterday) is beyond me. We probably all have our own ideas about why she did what she did and I don’t what to be the psychologist here so she can read it and then call us out on it later. Let’s hope for a quiet day. I think we all need one.
She deleted a few more so she has been around. I do think someone intervened to stop her biting. She must be kicking herself so badly, she almost pulled it back so many times but reignited it again. It’s up there with probably her biggest career mistakes.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
That really was one hell of a grunk! Blimey.

I think Jack thought her JKR tweets would be like her David Walliams ones - lots of back patting and retweets. Instead, well 🤭

Jack wheeling out a shopping list of trauma as a response to being called out is ridiculous. Even more so when it came literally a day after her sending the hordes after the DHOTYA squig. If they'd responded with a sadfishing "here are my ailments" tweet, would Jack have relented? Don't think so, somehow.

Fully expect a Coops deployment later today, or a "remember when Snickers was called Marathon" tweet to try and bury all this.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.