Jack Monroe #273 She’s like David Brent’s crap sister

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't believe that we got all the way to the penultimate post of the last thread and Jack dropped the 'series' bomb. The Jack forum has better cliffhangers than EastEnders.
That was actually posted this morning in a desperate attempt of deflection but she carried on arguing with people around it.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
That was actually posted this morning in a desperate attempt of deflection but she carried on arguing with people around it.
This is the funniest bit to me. Jack desperately trying to go "oh but look at this good thing!!!" and it not working so she had the most almighty strop. Furious teenager vibes.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Gutted that Iqbal missed out on a thread title but thoroughly pleased with David Brent's tit sister xxx
He’s at work at this time of night anyway; paying off all that debt from the renter who did a runner
ETA doing a Jack, was going to bed then came back!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I'm guessing the series is our aneurysm? Bit of an anti climax really, I was expecting much more spite and fanfare.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
So much has happened since this morning, was there any proof about the show? Or just Jack's word for it?
I am extremely dubious about the existence of this show. *If* it does exist it certainly isn't for TV or she would've said so.
Oh what a difference for her between now and 24 hrs ago - giggling with Tories and deferential policemen waiving her through security barriers whilst doffing their caps.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I wonder what channel the series is going to be on. I *know* it won't be live unless we have a secret TV frau working on our behalf behind the scenes. I'm presuming it's an insulting response to the cost of living crisis, that makes it patronising enough to be the BBC "hey poors make do an mend like the war with Jack's Slop Show". Virtually everyone but the wealthy is shitting themselves to varying degrees about their bills over the next few months and this would be the sort of thing government telly would sling at us to stop us all rioting.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
So, throughout the Twitter frenzy, did she mention anything about why she was in Parliament? Did she highlight the organisation she was working with at all? She must have …. Right.

This was a wild ride folks (so wild I got onto the wrong train this evening coming home- a combo of Tattle, tiredness caused by college after a full day work and just not paying attention to what I was doing, a journey that normally takes 15 minutes took an hour and a half🤣🤣I did my very own chaos!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
The numbers don’t surprise me really - it’s like rubbernecking at a motorway car crash.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I love that Jack is too lazy to even choose which recipes she wants to showcase on her series.

I also love that one squiggle suggested a recipe that Jack has never published or even posted photos of, just tweeted about occasionally.

I will soon triangulate myself by being the lone Twitter account repeatedly tweeting Netflix España, demanding that they screen Slop Chef. It will be worth it.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
So, throughout the Twitter frenzy, did she mention anything about why she was in Parliament? Did she highlight the organisation she was working with at all? She must have …. Right.

This was a wild ride folks (so wild I got onto the wrong train this evening coming home- a combo of Tattle, tiredness caused by college after a full day work and just not paying attention to what I was doing, a journey that normally takes 15 minutes took an hour and a half🤣🤣I did my very own chaos!)
Nope. A squig did actually pick her up on this (screenshot somewhere in the last thread) but was, of course ignored. One can only hope any organisation thinking of working with Jack will bear all this in mind.

• Wow
Reactions: 31
Live footage of Jack's next strategic move at the crappy bungalow.

fall-stairs.gif

I shamelessly stole this gif from a very funny Jack thread on twitter and no I am not wishing harm on her

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Somewhere in a Whatsapp group populated by Jamie Oliver, David Walliams, Paul Hollywood, Mr Asda, David Cameron, and Iqbal from Sainsbury's...

JK Rowling has joined the chat.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 99
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.