Jack Monroe #271 David Cameron does far more charity work than Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lol what. If British cooks were routinely mocked and bullied for mispronouncing foreign words, then Delia Smith would have no career, everyone who has ever mangled chorizo, ciabatta, or bouillabaisse would be unemployed, and that Bake Off episode about churros would be banned from being aired.

Also, don't try to make ignorance/indifference to foreign pronunciations a class thing, Jack - years ago Top Chef had Toby Young on as a guest judge and he argued with the Americans about how to pronounce paella (spoiler alert: he was wrong) and he is posh as duck.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
Lol what accent does she have other than posh mouse? That’s how I’d say sauté and am reasonably well spoken tbh (also used to say traaazers but this thread has put a stop to that). No one laughs at south eastern accents idk why she’s pretending this is remotely a thing? Go flick through your tv channels or the Netflix top 10 now there will be loads of us??? You don’t get booked on tv cos you’re tit at it and ur food is liquid, it’s nothing to do with your voice!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Oh wow! Another job lot of second hand shite she doesn’t need and won’t use but… she can use it for work 🎉

Enjoy the dopamine hit Jack! This time next week it’ll join the forgotten clutter in your house.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
Of course you got your 'friends' to pay for and carry them. Is that a distant rattle of the tip jar I can hear?
What friends? I thought she was away with her in-laws? Make your mind up which lie you want to stick with Jack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Can someone please 🥺 think of the poor lamb with the under represented estuaries accent 🥺. Bravery than our yomping troops in her struggle when the media has such poor representation from London and SE England 🥺

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
So now the extended family are friends, and they all PAID for these? 🤔
Why doesn't she ever admit to buying stuff?!
Paid for them and then carried them around for poor ailment stricken Jack.

I wonder if these 'friends' strongly urged her to go look at the learn to cook books, after they'd eaten some of her food..? 🤔

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
She should start with this one -

Screenshot 2022-03-21 at 14.49.07.png

Maybe she'll finally learn how to make a béchamel!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
Mithering about a set of second hand books being beyond budget (imagine the whining til the ‘friends’ chipped in) while wearing a £100 hat.
Make it make sense!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
How many modern day cookery books are being written in 'deliberately obscure terminology' nowadays anyhow? That sort of gatekeeping surely went out with the ark.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
She doesn’t use obscure terminology she just uses 20 where, you know, bleeping ‘sauté’ would do it. We’ve all got Google Jack.

yet more “poors” are thicks rhetoric.😡

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Can someone please 🥺 think of the poor lamb with the under represented estuaries accent 🥺. Bravery than our yomping troops in her struggle when the media has such poor representation from London and SE England 🥺
I blame Ant and Dec. Poor southerners can't get a look in since that pair came on the scene.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.